Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

IMG_9903.JPG

Call me crazy but I hate Darnold. He throws a ton of bad passes and to me looks pretty slow and stiff but just me I guess
Hate is too strong for me, but I’ve seen nothing from him this year.

At least not enough to give him the keys for 2018.

If this playoff game is good this week I would expect Jacksonville at Buffalo to be a MNF game next year.

There's no way if I'm a Bills fan, I'd back up the dump trucks to acquire Cousins, not worth it on any level. As it stands (yes just one measure), on PFF, Taylor is graded out as the #12 qb in the league and Cousins 20th as of today. Also, there's no way you're going to get any of the top graded qb's in the draft, and giving up a kings ransom to trade up for any of them, would be stupid, imo. NOBODY knows which, if ANY qb's will pan out. Keep building at other positions and wait until next season to try and get your qb. Just my opinion on what I'd want my team to do in the same scenario.

Good luck this week guys, enjoy the journey, you've earned it.

There's no way if I'm a Bills fan, I'd back up the dump trucks to acquire Cousins, not worth it on any level. As it stands (yes just one measure), on PFF, Taylor is graded out as the #12 qb in the league and Cousins 20th as of today. Also, there's no way you're going to get any of the top graded qb's in the draft, and giving up a kings ransom to trade up for any of them, would be stupid, imo. NOBODY knows which, if ANY qb's will pan out. Keep building at other positions and wait until next season to try and get your qb. Just my opinion on what I'd want my team to do in the same scenario.

Good luck this week guys, enjoy the journey, you've earned it.
Might consider trading a 1st round pick to a crappy team for their 1st round pick next year and say a 4th round this year.

So here's a question for cap - salary - draft guys - do we have any? Let's say a Jackson or Mayfield is available with the Bills 1st pick. For 1st round pick #20 - how big a contract we looking at and for how much guaranteed money ... as compared to getting Cousins at $20-25M per?
Last year the 20th pick got a contract worth ~$11mm total over 4 years with a team option for a 5th year. So the draft pick is orders of magnitude better value than signing a QB FA like Cousins. But that QB has to pan out which has proven tricky... This draft was supposed to have a seriously deep QB class but all I see are question marks. Mayfield screams system QB. to me, Jackson is basically Tyrod Taylor with better athleticism and worse passing skills. I think Darnold and Rosen are legit but they never dominated the way Watson, Winston, Luck, Mariota , etc... did while they were in college.

If I'm the Bills I almost have to go with Tyrod for another year with better receivers and a better scheme... It's easier to find an OC than a QB these days. I'd advocate drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round however. The reality is they should have drafted Watson last year instead of treading down.

Last year the 20th pick got a contract worth ~$11mm total over 4 years with a team option for a 5th year. So the draft pick is orders of magnitude better value than signing a QB FA like Cousins. But that QB has to pan out which has proven tricky... This draft was supposed to have a seriously deep QB class but all I see are question marks. Mayfield screams system QB. to me, Jackson is basically Tyrod Taylor with better athleticism and worse passing skills. I think Darnold and Rosen are legit but they never dominated the way Watson, Winston, Luck, Mariota , etc... did while they were in college.

If I'm the Bills I almost have to go with Tyrod for another year with better receivers and a better scheme... It's easier to find an OC than a QB these days. I'd advocate drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round however. The reality is they should have drafted Watson last year instead of treading down.
Good info. Given that, maybe if one of the top 4 or 5 QBs is available at 20 you take a shot but you resign TT at a reasonable price. Much better bang for the buck than $25 million for Cousins. Gets you TT as a starter and a potential future franchise QB as depth. Too bad Peterman didn't show better.

Good info. Given that, maybe if one of the top 4 or 5 QBs is available at 20 you take a shot but you resign TT at a reasonable price. Much better bang for the buck than $25 million for Cousins. Gets you TT as a starter and a potential future franchise QB as depth. Too bad Peterman didn't show better.

Tyrod is still under contract for next season; he doesn't need to be re-signed.

Tyrod is still under contract for next season; he doesn't need to be re-signed.
Is he at like $10M? I probably was thinking his deal was structured such that they could cut him without a huge hit on the cap.

I say draft another QB with one of the late first round picks and bring back Tyrod. I would imagine there will be 5 QB's taken before the Bills draft so they need to go to school. Josh Allen stock dropped quite a bit this year. I don't see Mayfield or Jackson being available when the bills draft currently. Mayfield and Jackson to me are boom or bust type picks and QB prospects are like crack the GM's wont be able to resist. At least Jackson couple play WR if he doesn't fit at QB, his athleticism is rare even at the NFL level.

I would love for the Bills to get Mayfield or Jackson

I say draft another QB with one of the late first round picks and bring back Tyrod. I would imagine there will be 5 QB's taken before the Bills draft so they need to go to school. Josh Allen stock dropped quite a bit this year. I don't see Mayfield or Jackson being available when the bills draft currently. Mayfield and Jackson to me are boom or bust type picks and QB prospects are like crack the GM's wont be able to resist. At least Jackson couple play WR if he doesn't fit at QB, his athleticism is rare even at the NFL level.

If there's a draft shake up, maybe one will fall to the Bills. As of today I'm expecting Elway to take Josh Allen with the 5th pick. If he goes, say S. Barkley instead or an OT, then things start to get interesting.

If there's a draft shake up, maybe one will fall to the Bills. As of today I'm expecting Elway to take Josh Allen with the 5th pick. If he goes, say S. Barkley instead or an OT, then things start to get interesting.

I always seems that the QB's move up the ladder and by the time the draft is here, there will be 4 or 5 taken in the top 15 but who knows. I saw one where Mayfield goes to Denver at 5

Is he at like $10M? I probably was thinking his deal was structured such that they could cut him without a huge hit on the cap.

He can be cut this offseason to save like $6 million I believe.

I'm not sure this is actually the case. Casual fans assume it because he didn't have a great year, and he has slid to some extent even among the draft media, but even still, Kiper has him 11th overall on his big board and McShay has him 15th. For references sake, McShay's #1 QB last year was Trubisky at #27 on the big board. Kiper had Trubisky #19 overall.

So Allen is still ranked higher than the top QB from last year's draft and ranked #3 at the QB position this year. And he's arguably been the most impressive of the QB prospects so far this bowl season, which isn't saying much considering how relatively disappointing they've all been, but still.

I would guess that Mayfield is the last of the 5 QBs to be taken though it seems that the draft media (outside of WalterFootball) is pretty certain that Lamar isn't even in the discussion with the other 4.

Edit: Even now, I've seen rumors from multiple sources in the past week or so stating that Cleveland will likely take Josh Allen #1.

Last edited:
I read Wyoming dude lost all his top WRs from last year.

He did. TE Jacob Hollister is playing for the Pats, WR Tanner Gentry hooked on with Chicago and RB Brian Hill is with Atlanta so they did lose a lot of offensive talent.

I'm not sure this is actually the case. Casual fans assume it because he didn't have a great year, and he has slid to some extent even among the draft media, but even still, Kiper has him 11th overall on his big board and McShay has him 15th. For references sake, McShay's #1 QB last year was Trubisky at #27 on the big board. Kiper had Trubisky #19 overall.

So Allen is still ranked higher than the top QB from last year's draft and ranked #3 at the QB position this year. And he's arguably been the most impressive of the QB prospects so far this bowl season, which isn't saying much considering how relatively disappointing they've all been, but still.

I would guess that Mayfield is the last of the 5 QBs to be taken though it seems that the draft media (outside of WalterFootball) is pretty certain that Lamar isn't even in the discussion with the other 4.

Edit: Even now, I've seen rumors from multiple sources in the past week or so stating that Cleveland will likely take Josh Allen #1.

I've seen the same rumor about Josh Allen and the Browns. Maybe Ian O'Connor with ESPN?