Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Not directed at you whatsoever- but I don't know how that's possible. I wonder if the QBR formula overstates turnover avoidance at the QB position?

Regardless I am all in on a QB next year- preferences are Darnold, Rosen or Allen. I don't see Tyrod becoming any more than he is now- great athlete, moves the chains with his legs, but average passer who does not maximize the offense.

I'm not sure honestly. I think he's been top 10 on both PFF and ESPN's QBR every season since he got to Buffalo.

He doesn't play the way you really expect a QB to play, but the things that I think helps a lot in these types of ratings systems:

1. He's an incredible runner and that's a dimension that pretty much only he benefits from in these rating systems.
2. High completion percentage despite going downfield a decent amount of the time (before this season anyways)
3. Roughly average passing TD% + rushing TDs + elite INT%. If you factor in rushing TDs, he's probably the most efficient QB in the NFL in terms of TDs to INTs

His weaknesses aren't really things that would be detected by these systems (being able to read the entire field rather than just half of it, not being able to pass over the middle). Those types of things limit him in reality in a very significant way, but in terms of the numbers, he's still very good.

If Tyrod can play like he did yesterday, I'd like to see what he can do if we opened the offense up a bit. It seems he's not put in a ton of advantageous positions given our obsession with running on first down.

If Tyrod can play like he did yesterday, I'd like to see what he can do if we opened the offense up a bit. It seems he's not put in a ton of advantageous positions given our obsession with running on first down.

Right, how many 3rd and 15+ situations did we have on offense yesterday? Mostly caused by penalties and rushing attempts that resulted in lost yardage.

Tyrod is not lighting the world on fire but he is efficient right now and thats all they need him to do. Do not turn the ball over.

Yeah it's stupid.
I wouldn't kneel but it wouldn't bother me if anybody did.

Trump is literally breaking the country in half.

Posted an article in another thread, but this quote from it is awesome and right on the money.

“I think it’s ironic that the people who are the most outraged — authentically or otherwise — have given him the most attention. They’ve rewarded the behavior with which they claim to be so incensed.”

“The outrage culture is feeding itself, and growing. This is unfortunate.”

Just for fun - and because I used to like when we did this for Cuse basketball - this is a much harder game to play for football...

Bills Player Power Rankings heading into Week 4 - Based on a couple things

a. overall importance to teams success
b. play to his point relative to expectations

1. Lorenzo Alexander
2. Jordan Poyer
3. Shady McCoy
4. Tyrod Taylor
5. Tra'Davious White
6. Kyle Williams
7. EJ Gaines
8. Shaw Lawson
9. Jerry Hughes
10. Stephen Hauschka

This might blow up in my face, but I have a feeling we're going to give the Falcons quite a game today. I'm not going to call a victory but I think we're within one score going to the 4th and we'll see what happens from there.

This might blow up in my face, but I have a feeling we're going to give the Falcons quite a game today. I'm not going to call a victory but I think we're within one score going to the 4th and we'll see what happens from there.

I agree, this is a great test for us- if the Bills defense can slow down the best offense in the NFL on the road, combined with better offensive production- while we may not win it's a great sign for the rest of the season. Find a way to win...and then things get interesting.

Regardless it's time to crack a Labatts. Let's Go Buffalo!

Bills fans thoughts on Clay?

I miss him terribly as a Phins fan.

Bills fans thoughts on Clay?

I miss him terribly as a Phins fan.

Looked great on that drive...

Great asset with huge athletic ability, underused in recent years but Dennison's offense allows him to shine. Glad he is with us and not the Fish, to be honest...

Zay Jones is KILLING us

Can't believe I am saying this but I would look for any opportunity to give him an easy catch- bubble screen, reverse, ANYTHING to help build his confidence. Guy caught 399 passes in college, this is clearly mental...

Can't believe I am saying this but I would look for any opportunity to give him an easy catch- bubble screen, reverse, ANYTHING to help build his confidence. Guy caught 399 passes in college, this is clearly mental...

What was the situation for the drop? I'm relegated to Red Zone cut ins

What was the situation for the drop? I'm relegated to Red Zone cut ins

Long third down conversion, hit him in the hands, looked like he was stumbling out of his break as well...

Touchdown there would have been huge obviously. Not sure I like that 3rd down call. At least it's a TD difference now.

That fumble will be overturned. Didn't look like he ever had full control to me.