Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

I think I

I think VJax is done honestly. Sticking with what you have, especially considering the playbook knowledge, would probably be better than him.

I'm guessing Buffalo will just stay the course with what they have, but we'll see. Of the teams that are already out of the playoff picture, you have the following WRs (for the sake of simplicity, I'm ignoring whether or not their teams would ever consider trading them):

Jarvis Landry
Devante Parker
Keenan Allen
Tyrell Williams
Travis Benjamin
AJ Green
Brandon LaFell
Kenny Britt
Odell Beckham
Brandon Marshall
Sterling Shepard
Pierre Garcon
Marquise Goodwin :D

Marshall would be interesting, Veteran guy who when he's on can make some amazing grabs. That said I doubt the Giants would move him as there a veteran team with a closing window and it would essentially be giving up on the season even though their season is all but over at 0-4. Green's a pipe dream as you notedditto for Beckham, Landry, Shepard etc. I think Garcon would be a nice fit but just signed a big deal and San Fran just brought him in. Can't see them moving him unless you offered a 1 which would be insane. I think Tyrell Williams might be the best bet.

Would love Keenan Allen or TY Hilton. I'd trade a 3rd for either. We probably Draft a WR anyway and I'd rather develop Zay and pair Matthews up with another proven WR over drafting another one to develop as well.

OBJ is filthy but the Giants aren't trading him and we aren't paying a WR primadonna when we already have one at DT.

I was just going to make your last point. Even if it was realistic, OBJ and Dareus aren't exactly a match made in heaven as far as team dynamics.

I was just going to make your last point. Even if it was realistic, OBJ and Dareus aren't exactly a match made in heaven as far as team dynamics.

Yeah, I think McDermott/ Beane move would be to stay course and bring streater back when ready, maybe bring in more of a journeyman as well but can't see any big move

Yeah, I think McDermott/ Beane move would be to stay course and bring streater back when ready, maybe bring in more of a journeyman as well but can't see any big move
With the bye week after Cinci and Streater able to come back after, I think you're probably right.

They'll gameplan with Zay/Holmes/ClayX2/O'Leary and probably motion out McCoy a decent amount.

If Glenn comes back, that could be huge for the running game and be a bigger help than any new WR could bring with one weeks prep.

With the bye week after Cinci and Streater able to come back after, I think you're probably right.

They'll gameplan with Zay/Holmes/ClayX2/O'Leary and probably motion out McCoy a decent amount.

If Glenn comes back, that could be huge for the running game and be a bigger help than any new WR could bring with one weeks prep.

If there not going to bring a WR why not use Banyard and Taiwan Jones try running them out of the slot or in motion or something. They need to give McCoy more of a rest or there is zero chance of him making it unscathed through the rest of the schedule.

Someone mentioned Arizona above, that would be an excellent potential trading partner. Would absolutely call them and see if there was any interest in moving one of there excess WR's.

If there not going to bring a WR why not use Banyard and Taiwan Jones try running them out of the slot or in motion or something. They need to give McCoy more of a rest or there is zero chance of him making it unscathed through the rest of the schedule.

Someone mentioned Arizona above, that would be an excellent potential trading partner. Would absolutely call them and see if there was any interest in moving one of there excess WR's.
Yea, I don't hate Tolbert but I think we use him way too much.

We were linked to JJ Nelson before the season. Not sure if any of that was confirmed or not. At the very least, a guy like him can just run vertical routes to take the top off.

Marshall would be interesting, Veteran guy who when he's on can make some amazing grabs. That said I doubt the Giants would move him as there a veteran team with a closing window and it would essentially be giving up on the season even though their season is all but over at 0-4. Green's a pipe dream as you notedditto for Beckham, Landry, Shepard etc. I think Garcon would be a nice fit but just signed a big deal and San Fran just brought him in. Can't see them moving him unless you offered a 1 which would be insane. I think Tyrell Williams might be the best bet.

Yeah, I think Tyrell or Benjamin (obviously a much lesser acquisition) or one of the Cardinals guys are the only realistic options. I'd say someone like Landry would be as well, but a trade within the division would probably be tough to pull off and he's more of a slot guy like we already have if I recall correctly.

Yea, I don't hate Tolbert but I think we use him way too much.

We were linked to JJ Nelson before the season. Not sure if any of that was confirmed or not. At the very least, a guy like him can just run vertical routes to take the top off.

Agreed on Tolbert, like having him on the team and he can do some good things but he's not a #2 RB. Jones or Banyard should be getting some carries. Nelson or one of the Brown's would be great. I think Arizona knows there not going anywhere this year with Johson hurt and Palmer at the end so I think they would be open to moving someone. Nelson would be a great pickup. Id even consider Victor Cruz at this point.

Yeah, I think Tyrell or Benjamin (obviously a much lesser acquisition) or one of the Cardinals guys are the only realistic options. I'd say someone like Landry would be as well, but a trade within the division would probably be tough to pull off and he's more of a slot guy like we already have if I recall correctly.

I think Tyrell would be a great pickup, Travis Benjamin would be like Goodwin Part 2 but at this point hard to say he wouldn't help. Its to bad the Dolphins are in our division they have a huge glut of Wr's. Caroo from Buttgers can't even get off the bench. He could be had for almost nothing at this point.

I think Tyrell would be a great pickup, Travis Benjamin would be like Goodwin Part 2 but at this point hard to say he wouldn't help. Its to bad the Dolphins are in our division they have a huge glut of Wr's. Caroo from Buttgers can't even get off the bench. He could be had for almost nothing at this point.

Can't see them leaving any stone unturned, will be interesting.

Humber and Matthews both out with Thumb Surgeries. Interesting to see what we can do at LB, our quality depth there is minimal after Trading Ragland and releasing the #2 guy at the end of camp. Hope the Rookie up for it.

This FO is wild lol

It feels like someone running there team from a Fantasy perspective but its an actual FO, some absolutely crazy moves but its worked so far. Still don't know about releasing the top backups at RB and LB but the rest of them have worked so far. Appears the Bills might call up both PS Wr's.

It feels like someone running there team from a Fantasy perspective but its an actual FO, some absolutely crazy moves but its worked so far. Still don't know about releasing the top backups at RB and LB but the rest of them have worked so far. Appears the Bills might call up both PS Wr's.

Agreed, tough to argue with much seeing the results. I just don't see them making a big trade or anything mid season. It's nice to be building toward the future and at the same time putting a quality product on the field every week. I fully expect a bid of slide at some point but I like the long term vision for sure. I don't think you can underestimate the GM/ HC relationship here. As discussed yesterday, would be great to get Streater back on the roster the last 9-10 games

Carr out 2-4 weeks. EJ Manuel time in Oakland.
Lots of fans in Oakland think the O-Line left Carr out to dry because he wouldn't sit with them during the anthem protest. Regardless if it's true or not, the fans are not happy and it's becoming a story line for that team.

Lots of fans in Oakland think the O-Line left Carr out to dry because he wouldn't sit with them during the anthem protest. Regardless if it's true or not, the fans are not happy and it's becoming a story line for that team.

That's reverse "Remember the Titans" move with the whole line as opposed to one lineman. Sucks if it's true.

No chance or Carr would have knelt this past week.

No white QBs have knelt and those teams aren't rebelling. Carr just got drilled by a good Broncos D.

Bills sign Philly Brown

Happy with this. Knows the offense, McD is comfortable with him and he's had some big games.

I was actually surprised he got cut to be honest. He wasn't spectacular in the pre-season but was solid. There will be a drop off for sure but hopefully it will be mitigated by a veteran who knows the system.

Bottom line: Zay needs to step up this month!

Can't remember the last time I cared about backup RB but add me to the What is going on there group. Those Tolbert handoffs feel like they are literally "alright we'll trade a wasted play for a Shady breather...3rd&9 coming up!"

Agreed, tough to argue with much seeing the results. I just don't see them making a big trade or anything mid season. It's nice to be building toward the future and at the same time putting a quality product on the field every week. I fully expect a bid of slide at some point but I like the long term vision for sure. I don't think you can underestimate the GM/ HC relationship here. As discussed yesterday, would be great to get Streater back on the roster the last 9-10 games

Agreed, that said my biggest worry is that the injuries keep piling up and we end up like a few years ago when we started out like 5-1 and ended up 7-9. An injury to McCoy and the season is effectively over. I am also not trying to take away what has been an awesome first month but I just can't see this patch work WR core holding up over the course of a year there just isn't enough talent at this point. Having Clay and O'Leary definitely help take some of the pressure off but this team desperately needs another offensive weapon or at least a decent outside WR.

Can't remember the last time I cared about backup RB but add me to the What is going on there group. Those Tolbert handoffs feel like they are literally "alright we'll trade a wasted play for a Shady breather...3rd&9 coming up!"

Of all the decision that is the one that continues to puzzle me the most. I just don't get it. I mean Taiwan Jones and Banyard are still on the roster, why not at least give them a carry or two. Philly Brown brings a nice veteran presence but I hope we elevate Reilly off the PS and give him a shot as well. Right now our WR's are struggling desperately to get separation and that was before Matthews got hurt.

Of all the decision that is the one that continues to puzzle me the most. I just don't get it. I mean Taiwan Jones and Banyard are still on the roster, why not at least give them a carry or two. Philly Brown brings a nice veteran presence but I hope we elevate Reilly off the PS and give him a shot as well. Right now our WR's are struggling desperately to get separation and that was before Matthews got hurt.
Philly has some speed right? Unfortunately he's under 6 feet tall...

if I didn't know better I'd say Bills were still owned by Ralph an they were trying to stay under some sort of budget... but given Pegs has no problem paying out, I have no idea what they are thinking regarding RB and WR.