Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

I read Seattle wants Cordy Glenn and the sides are haggling over compensation.
That's been out there for a while. Seems we entertained it but wanted way more than Seattle would give up. Clearly we have the most unpredictable FO ever right now so we shall see.

Trading Glenn would be a deal breaker fornme barring a 1st rd pick in return. You dont trade franchise left tackles, period.
I like him as well but he's kind of injury prone.

Thinking about tomorrow, this FO has some serious balls. At 4-2, if the defense gets torched again, you know fans will start getting pissed about all these wild moves and, suddenly, letting Dareus go will be an angry talking point all week that they'll have to deal with in response to the fans.

I like the move but they better come out and look better tomorrow or they'll lose some grace with the fans.

So glad to be rid of Mr. Big Puff.

A guy who has proven that he doesn't care abt his teammates or even himself for that matter. 8 tackles. EIGHT. He was our 4th or 5th best interior D lineman yet was being paid like a perennial all-pro.

I couldn't be happier with Beane. He's got some serious elephant marbles to be making these moves. Proud to have a regime that isn't going to let so called stars just collect checks. Ya get a pick, save some cap space, and open up a roster spot for someone willing to lay it all on the line for the Buffalo Bills. Something Fatty-doo-doo was never willing to do.

Love how the Moron-iacs are gearing up for that Jaguars Superbowl run now!:rolling:

Agree 100% Nate W..move needed to happen for sure. Dareus was worthless to the Bills as a player at this point. Great talent, not much resolve. Bills trying to make playoffs for sure but aren’t going to stray from the long term plan. I think fan base has figured that out at this point and to be quite honest I don’t think McDermott nor Beane really care, they have a long term vision and they are executing it. I honestly believe they feel they can make the playoffs and build towards future as well. I also don’t see them taking a qb this year either.

I love these guys. Nice to see a plan in place for the long term future. It’s not easy to change a culture, but you need to get rid of the roaches first without a doubt and they have done that.

Heading NYS west around 8 am tomorrow with the whole family. big game

Last edited:
Thinking about tomorrow, this FO has some serious balls. At 4-2, if the defense gets torched again, you know fans will start getting pissed about all these wild moves and, suddenly, letting Dareus go will be an angry talking point all week that they'll have to deal with in response to the fans.

I like the move but they better come out and look better tomorrow or they'll lose some grace with the fans.

Starting with the week 1 Colts game it's been hard to tell when he is or isn't playing. Surprised they found someone to take the salary.
Not having to care what fans think is a big plus for rookie administrations imo.

Agree 100% Nate W..move needed to happen for sure. Dareus was worthless to the Bills as a player at this point. Great talent, not much resolve. Bills trying to make playoffs for sure but aren’t going to stray from the long term plan. I think fan base has figured that out at this point and to be quite honest I don’t think McDermott nor Beane really care, they have a long term vision and they are executing it. I honestly believe they feel they can make the playoffs and build towards future as well. I also don’t see them taking a qb this year either.

I love these guys. Nice to see a plan in place for the long term future. It’s not easy to change a culture, but you need to get rid of the roaches first without a doubt and they have done that.

Heading NYS west around 8 am tomorrow with the whole family. big game

Awesome. Have fun at the game. It is a HUGE one.

You make a good point on the new front office. The Pegulas must have said, you have time... do as you please. Much needed freedom to clean out the roaches. It feels good. We finally have a plan!!! And we're 4-2 for the cherry on top. Stay healthy and we just might make the tournament THIS YEAR!!!!

Awesome. Have fun at the game. It is a HUGE one.
Stay healthy and we just might make the tournament THIS YEAR!!!!
I'd be happy to be a 13 or 14 seed.

Wheels up for Buffalo! Time to make a statement...key matchup is the secondary against Carr and Co today. Not rocket science, but hey it's early.

I'd take pics, but there is probably going to be too much Labatt Blue for that...Let's Go Buffalo!

Note, any footage you see of morons setting themselves fire is not me...right?

Chiefs are on MNF this week so I get the Bills today on CBS. Still makes me sick thinking about the Raiders game last year when we threw up all over ourselves in the second half. To probably state the obvious, this is the kind of game we need to win if we're truly a contender for the playoffs.

Can he advance his own fumble on the 4th down?

Well... first post-Dareus defensive drive looks absolutely terrible.

Dareus may or may not have made a difference on that 4th down or goal line but wow... defense looks even worse than last week and McDermott stays with the coaching mistakes on that challenge.

Can he advance his own fumble on the 4th down?

Dunno the answer.

And of course neither the announcers or the officials provided any explanation.

Pretty sure on 4th down, the fumbling player is the only player allowed to recover and advance.
Correct. Same stipulation is true after the two-minute warning of either half.

I can't handle Officiating that bad with such a huge impact. That directly took points off the board. I'm so sick of this league.

Hochuli’s crew is one I’ve postulated is one of the 5-6 crews on the NFLs “swat team” of officials they use to influence desired outcomes

The Bills have been allowed to hang around long enough and the raiders are moving