Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

That's how I feel. We don't need a David Carr situation and I'm less than thrilled we couldn't upgrade Jordan Mills and Vlad Ducasse in some way.

Carr was sacked 76 times his first season. That's an insane statistic.

Carr was sacked 76 times his first season. That's an insane statistic.

I’d like to think 5 guys with a pulse could prevent it from getting that bad for Allen but still have some concerns about giving up too much of a beating

I’d like to think 5 guys with a pulse could prevent it from getting that bad for Allen but still have some concerns about giving up too much of a beating

Be interesting to see how things look tonight. I am assuming Allen will play quite a bit of the 2nd half but you never know with these guys.

That is insane, he's lucky to be alive after that
doesn't even include the times he got rid of the ball and got hit. have to assume that happened a lot too.

1st preseason game so not going to go nuts but team looks pretty good. Phillip's and Murphy look good as rookies and both QBs holding their own. Streeter and Reilly with some big plays already. Oline doing some nice work as well.

Well at least the first half was good. Our 3rd string D is really bad yikes. Allen looks decent, hell of an arm. This new helmet rule blows.

Welp - we’re keeping 3 QB’s. I’m fine with 1/4, 1/2, or potentially even full year redshirt for Allen.

That dude FIRES the pigskin. Never seen anything like it.

Also please sign a 4th QB tomorrow so Allen doesn’t have to run around for his life with the 3rd string scrubs for so many possessions the next 3 preseason games.

Oh - and cut Robert Foster for that 4th QB spot.

Welp - we’re keeping 3 QB’s. I’m fine with 1/4, 1/2, or potentially even full year redshirt for Allen.

That dude FIRES the pigskin. Never seen anything like it.

Also please sign a 4th QB tomorrow so Allen doesn’t have to run around for his life with the 3rd string scrubs for so many possessions the next 3 preseason games.

Oh - and cut Robert Foster for that 4th QB spot.
I mean of course I knew he had a big arm cuz at this point you should just nickname him Big Arm - but when he threw a 35 yard rope to the sideline, I was like - What? I had never seen something quite like that before.

Need to take off the blinders. Kerley is a vagabond, Zay Jones was by most accounts the worst starting WR in the entire NFL last year. Coleman was just dealt for a 2020 7th which is as close to nothing as possible. Benjamin should be good but doesn't get separation and is an ideal #2.

That's all true and it can still also be true that you wouldn't think they're so awful with a good-great QB (I think Green Bay's group sucks as well as NE's). But I mean ya, with the OL questions on top of that it's not an ideal set-up for Journeyman/Rookie to enter.

i was listening on the radio about the game and then said Allen didnt look good? considering he was playing with the 3s and ran for his life several times he looked pretty solid to me.. some of those throws were A Rodgers like.

i was listening on the radio about the game and then said Allen didnt look good? considering he was playing with the 3s and ran for his life several times he looked pretty solid to me.. some of those throws were A Rodgers like.
Anyone saying that has to be a pundit who panned Allen during the Draft process and wants to defend themselves. I literally don’t see any other way someone could objectively watch his performance and not be impressed.

Baker and Darnold both ran with the 2nd string. Allen had the 3rd strong OL, and 3rd string receivers in Khari Lee, Robert Foster, Brandon Reilly and Ray Ray McCloud to throw to.

He had one terrible play on 4th down where the pass rush came unblocked, a couple miscommunications with receivers and his first deep throw was 3 yards out of bounds which didnt allow Foster to have a chance when he had his man beat. That’s it for the “bad”.

Most analysts were impressed but I have heard some reference his under 50% completion percentage. If I hear that from anyone, I know it’s bias. Reilly dropped a 1st down catch. Foster dropped a catch. Foster gave up/misplayed two deep balls that could’ve been TDs with WRs that are actually making the team.

I thought all Baker, Darnold and Allen all looked good in their preseason debuts.

those deep balls were well thrown.. 1 ob was on the money just off wide.. the other should have been caught.

Darnold was 13-18 with a TD for 96 yds
Allen 9-19 for 116 and a TD.. on top of that he was put into 3rd and longs all the time. watching Allen highlights it sure didnt seem like some throwing 9-19. 2-3 of those throws were elite.

Anyone saying that has to be a pundit who panned Allen during the Draft process and wants to defend themselves. I literally don’t see any other way someone could objectively watch his performance and not be impressed.

Baker and Darnold both ran with the 2nd string. Allen had the 3rd strong OL, and 3rd string receivers in Khari Lee, Robert Foster, Brandon Reilly and Ray Ray McCloud to throw to.

He had one terrible play on 4th down where the pass rush came unblocked, a couple miscommunications with receivers and his first deep throw was 3 yards out of bounds which didnt allow Foster to have a chance when he had his man beat. That’s it for the “bad”.

Most analysts were impressed but I have heard some reference his under 50% completion percentage. If I hear that from anyone, I know it’s bias. Reilly dropped a 1st down catch. Foster dropped a catch. Foster gave up/misplayed two deep balls that could’ve been TDs with WRs that are actually making the team.

I thought all Baker, Darnold and Allen all looked good in their preseason debuts.
The media hating on your QB because of their agenda to discredit him to make their stupidass prognostication come true???...

Sounds familiar.

Eli is retiring soon, someone needs to be hated on.

I’ll root for the Bills in every single game, except 1 in every 4 years...

I’ll defend your boy, until I just can’t...if you know what I mean.

Zay Jones is back today in full contact status and apparently has looked really good including a fight with Micah Hyde. Murphy appears to have re-aggravated his groin injury however. Top 5wrs running with the first team are KB, Zay, Coleman, Andre Holmes, Streeter.

Bill's down 7-0 tothe Browns midway through the 2nd. McCarron looked God awful 4 three and outs. Oline really struggling, might need to make a trade or hound the waiver wire. Allen in with the 2s looks better then McCarron but still some bad throws mixed in with great ones. Murphy continues to shine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom