Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Need to go and get the fastest deep threat available anywhere cuz this guy can go deep.
Agreed.

It’s crazy how effortless he makes it look. That’s not to say that there won’t be growing pains, but he’s throwing 40 yard outs with the flick of the wrist.

Reports are that his footwork is much improved and he’s putting in all the work needed to get the short touch throws down.

So far, so good for JA.

Hopefully for a 5th or lower.
Im guessing a conditional 4 that can turn into a 3 with games played or recieving yard conditions.

Rapoport saying a late rd pick but still no specifics. A 5th or later is a steal to take a swing.

5/13/2016: Signed a four-year, $11.654 million contract. The deal includes a $6.676 million signing bonus. 2018: $1.5 million, 2019: $2 million, 2020: Club Option, 2021: Free Agent

Hopefully he can stay healthy. Broke the same hand each of his first two seasons.

Late round flyer on a talented guy who provides immediate speed to the wide receiver group. On a rookie wage scale as well, so the contract is team friendly. Clearly this is a roll of the dice given some of the reports out of Cleveland /issues with drops etc but sometimes a fresh start is good for all parties. Downside is limited- I like it.

Big question is whether the light bulb goes off in year three. If it does, you have a highly productive receiver under a modest contract for three years (including a fifth year option). If not, you cut him in two and move on.

Personally I am skeptical, but if I choose to believe in Zay Jones potential over production I guess I can do the same here.

Five weeks to football!

Last edited:
Robbery if coleman stays healthy

A 2020 7th is as close to nothing as it gets. Dorsey must have really disliked him a lot to just give him away without Gordon even being in camp.

Absolute no brainer for the Bills but wouldn't expect much of anything if Dorsey gave him away. Still an upgrade for easily the worst WR unit in the league so I'll take it.

A 2020 7th is as close to nothing as it gets. Dorsey must have really disliked him a lot to just give him away without Gordon even being in camp.

Absolute no brainer for the Bills but wouldn't expect much of anything if Dorsey gave him away. Still an upgrade for easily the worst WR unit in the league so I'll take it.
Last guy we got from the Browns for nothing worked out pretty well.. I'll take the WR version of Jordan Poyer.

What are the expectations for the Bills this year?
Just develop Allen and start him the whole year?
Let Allen learn and then put him in during the season?

I know you guys got cap space to use this offseason when it should finally be the beginning of the end of the Pats current dynasty.

I know you guys got cap space to use this offseason when it should finally be the beginning of the end of the Pats current dynasty.

I doubt Allen starts unless there are injuries or it's totally obvious that he's head and shoulders above McCarron and Peterman (which is most likely not the case). The O-Line is mediocre at best, most likely bad. Doubt they want to throw Allen to the wolves without the protection that he needs, especially for a guy that doesn't move around well.

I doubt Allen starts unless there are injuries or it's totally obvious that he's head and shoulders above McCarron and Peterman (which is most likely not the case). The O-Line is mediocre at best, most likely bad. Doubt they want to throw Allen to the wolves without the protection that he needs, especially for a guy that doesn't move around well.
I thought he moved around OK.

I honestly think its going to be a brutal to watch 3-13 or 4-12 type year. The offense has a better shot at finishing in the 30s than teens. Think it was always the plan to kind of have it be a throw away year since they piled all of the dead cap money into this year to clear what may end up in the range of $80m in cap space this offseason. Last year was just a coincidence that they lucked into the playoffs. They had a similar point differential as the 49ers and Bears and by almost all metrics should have been around a 7 win team except turnover differential pushed them forward. Can't expect that to happen again especially with Tyrod not there to limit picks (and big plays).

I have to think Allen sits until about week 5. Open with Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Packers. Thats likely an 0-4 start with him and also probably with either of the others too but would line him up for a home start against a solid Tennessee team.

I honestly think its going to be a brutal to watch 3-13 or 4-12 type year. The offense has a better shot at finishing in the 30s than teens. Think it was always the plan to kind of have it be a throw away year since they piled all of the dead cap money into this year to clear what may end up in the range of $80m in cap space this offseason. Last year was just a coincidence that they lucked into the playoffs. They had a similar point differential as the 49ers and Bears and by almost all metrics should have been around a 7 win team except turnover differential pushed them forward. Can't expect that to happen again especially with Tyrod not there to limit picks (and big plays).

I have to think Allen sits until about week 5. Open with Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Packers. Thats likely an 0-4 start with him and also probably with either of the others too but would line him up for a home start against a solid Tennessee team.
Years 3 and beyond (inc. with a potential franchise QB) has always been what it's about. That's cool.

Unfortunately I agree with your thoughts here. While I think the Defense has a chance to be better this year then it was last year when you look at the additions to the D-line and the potential of Edmunds (that third LB spot could be a mess though) and that awesome secondary, the schedule is brutal and the offense has a million question marks. The O-line especially is really a concern though I think Groy could be the Center of the future. Teller looks promising but you wounder if the Bills might have been better off saving one of those early picks they traded to get another OL or a young WR/RB.

I think the RB situation is pretty good hands with McCoy, Ivory, and Cadet those are three solid rbs. I do wish there was a young guy we could be grooming and perhaps that non drafted RB who seems to be making some noise could be that guy. WR is a mess but Reilly seems to be coming on and make some noise, Benjamin hopefully stays healthy you and then you add it Kerley and now Coleman and hopefully Zay Jones, and there should enough there to be a decent WR unit. With Streeter and the Undrafted guys like Phillips and Roberts there is some potential there for someone to hopefully break out in the pre-season.

All that said the schedule especially early is daunting, the NFL really screwed us giving Minnesota and GB bunched together that early but I expected nothing less. A return to the playoffs seems highly unlikely but we should be set up nicely moving forward with the amount of cap space we will have and the fact that we shouldn't need to overhaul to many units next year. LB, OL WR and probably a young corner will likely be the most pressing needs next year with RB a necessity for sure as well.

I'm way more optimistic than you guys. The only reason I could see us having a worse record is due to scheduling.

On paper, our defense is better (Top 10 caliber). We have the same DC. In terms of impact players - lost EJ Gaines and Preston Brown, added Star, Murphy, Phillips, Edmunds, Davis, Bush.

On paper, our offense is a huge question mark, but it's not like we have a high bar set to improve upon...

Is Daboll an upgrade over Dennison?

In terms of impact players who played most of last year - we lost Tyrod, Incognito, Wood, Thompson and Tolbert, added McCarron/Allen, Ivory, Coleman, Kerley.

Question marks at OC/OL/QB but question marks don't always mean bad.. Especially when our OC was Dennison, and QB Tyrod Taylor.

Last edited:
I'm way more optimistic than you guys. The only reason I could see us having a worse record is due to scheduling.

On paper, our defense is better (Top 10 caliber). We have the same DC. In terms of impact players - lost EJ Gaines and Preston Brown, added Star, Murphy, Phillips, Edmunds, Davis, Bush.

On paper, our offense is a huge question mark, but it's not like we have a high bar set to improve upon...

Is Daboll an upgrade over Dennison?

In terms of impact players who played most of last year - we lost Tyrod, Incognito, Wood, Thompson and Tolbert, added McCarron/Allen, Ivory, Coleman, Kerley.

Question marks at OC/OL/QB but question marks don't always mean bad.. Especially when our OC was Dennison, and QB Tyrod Taylor.

No question mark at WR or fully admitting that they are the worst group in the league? It's going to be a lonnnnng year. Vegas has them at 6.5 wins and thats with the over at +165 and under at -190 so essentially even lower than 6.5.

No question mark at WR or fully admitting that they are the worst group in the league? It's going to be a lonnnnng year. Vegas has them at 6.5 wins and thats with the over at +165 and under at -190 so essentially even lower than 6.5.
Question Mark - Yes, but compared to last year, somehow, the WR Unit is much better.

KB, contract year, healthy, here for the full year, with an offseason.

Kerley is better than anything we had at slot last year and is still a solid WR for any NFL team.

Corey Coleman is a more explosive deep threat than anyone last year by a wide margin.

Zay Jones enters his second year, knowing he needs to prove himself.

There's potential there. I'm not doom and gloom at WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom