Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

You really want to add this clown to the circus that is the 2018 bills ?

No I was just responding to a question. We managed to avoid Richie having a recurrence of issues for a few seasons. I don't think we'd be so lucky with Josh although I wish the guy well.

I just want the #1 pick at this point and for Josh Allen to stay somewhat healthy. I do like the kid, he has no help ANYWHERE. Will be a long year for him but I think he comes out better off moving forward. Tankapalooza alive and well in Buffalo.

The defense at least woke up yesterday

Even the refs dicking us over on that fumble call. Never seen a team come out of the scrum with the ball and refs just give it to the other team...

It's rare, but I've definitely seen this before. Usually it's a case where you could clearly tell the other team recovered the fumble before the pileup happened though. In this case, you couldn't really tell at full speed, though I do think the replay showed that the Chargers probably had the ball.

As for Allen, I still like him quite a bit...easy to see there's something special there.

HOWEVER, his footwork issues reared its ugly head yesterday, and it resulted in a lot of inaccurate passes. Would have liked to see him sit on the bench more to iron these things out, but it is what it is I guess.

This team looks poised for at worst the 3rd overall pick (worst meaning I can't see us picking any later than that). It'll be interesting to see if they try to trade down from their pick to take as many shots at filling holes as they can versus just taking Oliver/Bosa and hoping they can transform the defense. Lord knows this team has far more than just one need.

The bills will bounce back, nobody’s this bad

My biggest issue so far this year is the defense...easily the defense.

We knew the offense would be a WIP, with either a rookie Allen or he who shall not be named, surrounded by a meh-at-best OL and a severe lack of proven playmakers.

However, this defense was supposed to keep us competitive... They aren't even giving the KC Chiefs offense a chance with their pathetic display out there through the first 6 quarters.

DL - Spent $$$ on Star and Murphy, added a high draft pick in Harrison Phillips to Hughes, Kyle, Yarborough and Shaq. That should be a solid DL.

LB - Added a premium draft pick in Edmunds to Milano and Alexander. Milano and Lorax look ok but TE, damnnnn dude, talk about growing pains.

Secondary - Tre White, Hyde and Poyer should provide a strong unit alone, but that theory is being tested by the fact we have literally no #2 CB at the moment.

The McDermott-led Defensive effort in the 2nd Half of the Chargers game is what I expected to see this year.. No idea what the dumpster fire of six quarters that precipitated that were all about but it better stop because we cant develop Allen with no OL, no weapons AND no defense. Especially when we, on paper, should have a good defense.

Some more thoughts on Allen:

His inaccuracy on “no brainer” type throws is concerning. The pass to Murphy he missed by a mile and the completion to DiMarco was way off too and if not for a spectacular effort on the catch it would have fallen incomplete as well. If he had hit him in stride it could have been a TD. And I don’t like how he trys to throw through the defense at times, instead of over it.

Also, being unaware of a perimeter defenders blitz is concerning. He needs to be aware of these queues and make adjustments or find the hot route.

I’m happy that he is playing now - kid is mentally tough. I don’t care what task in life that it is - you’re always going to learn and grow faster by doing. This opportunity grants him the time to take lumps early.

It’s not going to be easy or pretty but I truly believe he has the capacity to evolve from his short comings and his mental mistakes. The game will slow down for him and once it does I think we’ll be in for a treat. I can’t wait to see what kind of player he is by week 17.

Gordon traded to NE because of course he was. Ugh

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think he'll last long there. From what I have read, his addiction issues might e cropping up again and apparently even at Baylor, a lot of people thought he just didn't love football. This is from Peter King's column this morning.

Gordon was suspended two games for substance-abuse in September 2013.

• He was suspended 10 games for substance-abuse in August 2014.

• He was suspended for the final game of 2014 by the Browns for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

• He was suspended for the full season in 2015 for substance abuse.

• After being reinstated for the 2016 season, he was suspended for the first four games of the season.

• Before finishing his 2016 suspension, he entered an in-patient substance-abuse facility. He missed all 16 games in 2016.

• He was reinstated midway through 2017 and played five games for the Browns.

• He missed much of training camp this season “as part of my overall health and treatment plan,” he said in July.

• He played the first game this season, against Pittsburgh, and reported to the team facility Saturday with a hamstring injury the team believed did not happen at practice during the week.

• He has played in six games since Christmas Day 2014, a total of six games out of the Browns’ last 51.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think he'll last long there. From what I have read, his addiction issues might e cropping up again and apparently even at Baylor, a lot of people thought he just didn't love football. This is from Peter King's column this morning.

Gordon was suspended two games for substance-abuse in September 2013.

• He was suspended 10 games for substance-abuse in August 2014.

• He was suspended for the final game of 2014 by the Browns for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

• He was suspended for the full season in 2015 for substance abuse.

• After being reinstated for the 2016 season, he was suspended for the first four games of the season.

• Before finishing his 2016 suspension, he entered an in-patient substance-abuse facility. He missed all 16 games in 2016.

• He was reinstated midway through 2017 and played five games for the Browns.

• He missed much of training camp this season “as part of my overall health and treatment plan,” he said in July.

• He played the first game this season, against Pittsburgh, and reported to the team facility Saturday with a hamstring injury the team believed did not happen at practice during the week.

• He has played in six games since Christmas Day 2014, a total of six games out of the Browns’ last 51.
Trust me on this whenever Peter King speaks on the Patriots he is wrong.
Dude gets no info at all from the Pats he is totally guessing. Belichick doesn’t like King he talks with Schefter and Rappoport.

Dude gets no info at all from the Pats he is totally guessing. Belichick doesn’t like King he talks with Schefter and Rappoport.

He didn't write a word about the Patriots in what I posted. He wrote that this morning before the trade and it was just about Gordon's history.

I kinda see Davis’s point. If he didn’t feel he should be out there and didn’t want to be out there, then don’t be. It’s way too dangerous of a game for that. Get off the field if you don’t belong or if your head isn’t in the game.

People can be mad, and if he got stretchered off for the last time he’d get a hand and be a “warrior”. Who cares though? I’d rather be healthy.

People walk off the job all the time.

Everything King wrote was completely factual and had nothing to do with the Pats.

88.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom