Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Anyone want to do a recap of Nate Peterman era?
EFF1419A-89C4-4312-B802-320D1D1E5496.gif

To your first question, I think the fan base preferred Rosen of the 3. I personally preferred Lamar and Allen, in that order. I preferred both of them over Mayfield and Darnold.

I don't think being "NFL-ready" is really important right now. This team as a whole isn't remotely close to "NFL-ready" anyways. It's all about the long-term. But to answer the question, I think Allen is just as ready to play right away as Darnold was and more ready than Lamar. Rosen might be a little more game-ready but I think he was the 5th best QB prospect in the draft.

Personally I was lowest on Lamar and Allen. I had concerns about Allen's accuracy and lack of success when the competition improved in college and I think this is the perfect storm for a horrible start to his career putting him behind this OL. But I realize Peterman left us with no choice. I'm stunned we haven't signed a 3rd QB at this point. I don't want to see Peterman even as a backup. I'd even take Colin K at this point.

I'm much higher on Darnold and not basing this just off one game.

Personally I was lowest on Lamar and Allen. I had concerns about Allen's accuracy and lack of success when the competition improved in college and I think this is the perfect storm for a horrible start to his career putting him behind this OL. But I realize Peterman left us with no choice. I'm stunned we haven't signed a 3rd QB at this point. I don't want to see Peterman even as a backup. I'd even take Colin K at this point.

I'm much higher on Darnold and not basing this just off one game.

No doubt that Allen will struggle, I don't know if they really wanted to play him a ton this year but they are forced to at this point.. Josh will make some big plays as well as some real bad ones, just going to have to live with it. The national media will be there for all the bad ones and H0T Takes I am sure but hopefully the game snaps make him a better QB down the road, he's far from a finished product and he wont get a ton of help from the O line and WR's. Up to Daboll to scheme and make Allen serviceable.

Allen will also take a ton of sacks.

No doubt that Allen will struggle, I don't know if they really wanted to play him a ton this year but they are forced to at this point.. Josh will make some big plays as well as some real bad ones, just going to have to live with it. The national media will be there for all the bad ones and H0T Takes I am sure but hopefully the game snaps make him a better QB down the road, he's far from a finished product and he wont get a ton of help from the O line and WR's. Up to Daboll to scheme and make Allen serviceable.

Allen will also take a ton of sacks.

its simply a safety issue for me. Regardless of whether he is ready or not...if throwing him in too early will stunt his development, the main problem is he could get seriously injured behind this crap line.

its simply a safety issue for me. Regardless of whether he is ready or not...if throwing him in too early will stunt his development, the main problem is he could get seriously injured behind this crap line.

See your point but you have to play him. Guys get hurt every week behind good O lines. They sinmply have to play him as he is their only viable option right now

Really hope we can execute a similar gameplan to what the Jets did with Darnold.

Run, run, 3rd and long isn’t going to get it done though.

This is last week redux except now the punter is bad as well. Ducasse again a mess and Logan Thomas is useless. Sign some wrs and ol

This is last week redux except now the punter is bad as well. Ducasse again a mess and Logan Thomas is useless. Sign some wrs and ol

I saw Allen has been sacked twice following on the gamecast. Always fun to play which OL got our rookie QB killed this time.

Frazier needs to go never blitzes and his defenses are awful on 3rd down

I know this is a “process”, but how do you go from Playoffs to worst team in the NFL? Seriously, how?

We will have 10 draft picks and a ton of cap space so yea, next year’s team will look very different, but McBeane went out and spent on the defense this offseason...Star and Murphy, and our defense went from pretty good last year to absolutely horrific. Meanwhile, they’ve completely neglected offense and signed a WR, who’s already cut and a RB who barely plays as the OL can’t handle a 3 man pass rush.

I know this is a “process”, but how do you go from Playoffs to worst team in the NFL? Seriously, how?

We will have 10 draft picks and a ton of cap space so yea, next year’s team will look very different, but McBeane went out and spent on the defense this offseason...Star and Murphy, and our defense went from pretty good last year to absolutely horrific. Meanwhile, they’ve completely neglected offense and signed a WR, who’s already cut and a RB who barely plays as the OL can’t handle a 3 man pass rush.

The lack of money and draft investment made on the ol and wr position was criminal. Alabama has better players at those two spots right now. Shameful

Allen light years better then Pererman. But man this OL is god awful. Really hope we make some moves this week Josh Gordon for starters

This defense is so bizarre to me. How do you take a decent defense, spend money on it and give up TDs almost every drive?

There is ZERO resistance.

...and this is a defensive minded head coach.

I’m honestly starting to question whether McDermott is the guy. 0-2 is one thing... 0-2 losing by a combined 100 points is quite another.

The moves made this offseason, (aside from Allen/Edmunds as they'll take time) ALL look bad...not just one, all of them.

Trade AJ
Start Peterman
Signed Star
Signed Murphy
Signed a #3 RB
Signed then cut a WR

Each and every one of those moves look so pointless and/or bad.

McBeane better have one hell of an offseason.

I’m honestly starting to question whether McDermott is the guy. 0-2 is one thing... 0-2 losing by a combined 100 points is quite another.

The moves made this offseason, (aside from Allen/Edmunds as they'll take time) ALL look bad...not just one, all of them.

Trade AJ
Signed Star
Signed Murphy
Signed a #3 RB
Signed then cut a WR

Each and every one of those moves look so pointless and/or bad.

I was lukewarm on Star and Murphy - Murphy coming off the injury and Star because he hadn't graded out very well in Carolina the last few years. I wasn't happy at all that Peterman is the only option besides Allen even though he looked good in preseason.

I thought Ivory and Kerley were good signings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom