Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

I know the defense has been saying all the right things about the offense so far, but if I'm on this defense, I'm pi**ed, and I wouldn't be surprised to see frustrations come to a head as the season progresses.

They're probably used to it at this point. Not like it's the first year it's happened. We didn't even need a good offense or special teams yesterday - just decent with no stupid mistakes.

They're probably used to it at this point. Not like it's the first year it's happened. We didn't even need a good offense or special teams yesterday - just decent with no stupid mistakes.
Most of these guys will be here next year on the Defensive side. I really hope McBeane come through and give them a legit Offense to go to battle with. They deserve it.

Feel bad for Kyle to go out like this, but maybe we can coax one more year as a rotational DT out of him with a new shiny offense?... Maybe?... Probably not, but at least he got to see the Playoffs last year.

Peterman’s post game interview all about god and how football can’t define him

Get out of here

Get out of here
That's fine. I don't hate him, well I kinda do, but i'll get over it. I hate the fact that he's being put in these positions when he's CLEARLY not able to play QB in the NFL.

Nevermind the fact that Daboll should never, ever, everrrrrr dial up a play call that has Peterman looking to make a throw to the sideline like that. He's ok going down the field deep, mid-range, and dumpoffs. He legit can't make that sideline throw though... you'd think after multiple picks, and almost picks, the staff would realize that.

Get out of here

Glad the kid can keep perspective but it's a business and we need a backup QB that can at least be serviceable and not throw INTs at a rate not seen before in NFL history.

That's fine. I don't hate him, well I kinda do, but i'll get over it. I hate the fact that he's being put in these positions when he's CLEARLY not able to play QB in the NFL.

Nevermind the fact that Daboll should never, ever, everrrrrr dial up a play call that has Peterman looking to make a throw to the sideline like that. He's ok going down the field deep, mid-range, and dumpoffs. He legit can't make that sideline throw though... you'd think after multiple picks, and almost picks, the staff would realize that.

From reading online, it sounds like that maybe it was Peterman rather than the play call. They were live on Red Zone at the time and I just looked down after he threw the pass.

"They were bringing pressure. I had made a check and just a bad decision. Can't chalk it up to anything more that that," Peterman said. "But this is something I'm going to learn from. It was a critical time."

Glad the kid can keep perspective but it's a business and we need a backup QB that can at least be serviceable and not throw INTs at a rate not seen before in NFL history.
Perspective is great but there’s a time and a place

Yesterday was the continuance of a troubling trend on offense where the McBeane seems unwilling to address the lack of talent at key positions on offense. Last year it was backup RB, this year it seems to be WR and backup QB. At some point we have to acknowledge that Peterman is 100% not a serviceable QB in the league- and find someone who is. You know, someone like...AJ McCarron? That 5th rounder better be used for the next coming of Jerry Rice. And I say this as a guy that wanted to start Peterman the first six weeks- so please send the crow my way so I can eat it.

I have seen some incompetent offenses in my life, but wow...how can Allen properly develop in this fiasco?

The fact that an elite defense is being wasted makes this even more pathetic...

/end rant

Meaty McMeathead would...

Meaty McMeathead... the guy who took the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years and damn near had a team with ZERO talent on offense at 3-3 is being called Meaty McMeathead by “fans.”

I thought we’d have won the Super Bowl this year... If it wasn’t for that damn Sean McDermott and his pal Nate Peterman.

DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

Robert Woods is showing to be a pretty good WR now that he has a QB to get him the ball. I'd take him over any guy on our roster right now.

Meaty McMeathead... the guy who took the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years and damn near had a team with ZERO talent on offense at 3-3 is being called Meaty McMeathead by “fans.”

I thought we’d have won the Super Bowl this year... If it wasn’t for that damn Sean McDermott and his pal Nate Peterman.

DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

I've outlined my position on this before. The playoffs were great, but it had just as much to do with luck as it did with coaching. 9-7 doesn't get you in the playoffs more than half the time. His obsession with trying to make Nathan Peterman into an NFL QB cannot be described as anything other than meathead stubbornness..

Robert Woods is showing to be a pretty good WR now that he has a QB to get him the ball. I'd take him over any guy on our roster right now.
I think Zay Jones is on his way to becoming a Robert Woods. He’s been playing really well lately. The All-22 shows him getting open, running good routes and strong run blocking.

My dream scenario would be a trade for Amari Cooper, sign Tyrell Williams and put Zay in the slot for next year.

I've outlined my position on this before. The playoffs were great, but it had just as much to do with luck as it did with coaching. 9-7 doesn't get you in the playoffs more than half the time. His obsession with trying to make Nathan Peterman into an NFL QB cannot be described as anything other than meathead stubbornness..
The handling of QB2 is really my only issue with McDermott.

That team last year made the playoffs. I don’t care how they did it. That earned my respect.

They drafted Allen and built up a defense that can be elite for a while. This offseason we’ll build the offense around Allen and sign a piece or two to complete the Defense. I’m good with all that, well enough to withhold judgment on Daboll & The Offense until next year.

The Peterman/QB2 handling with trading McCarron and taking forever to sign a vet is definitely worthy of criticism. This has been an enormous black eye on his tenure here. Nothing he can’t rebound from, but he’s a QB fiasco in Indy away from losing the fanbase this year...and potentially some on the team.

Last edited:

That team last year made the playoffs. I don’t care how they did it. That earned my respect.

They drafted Allen and built up a defense that can be elite for a while. This offseason we’ll build the offense around Allen and sign a piece or two to complete the Defense. I’m good with all that, well enough to withhold judgment on Daboll & The Offense until next year.

The Peterman/QB2 handling with trading McCarron and taking forever to sign a vet is definitely worthy of criticism. This has been an enormous black eye on his tenure here. Nothing he can’t rebound from, but he’s a QB fiasco in Indy away from losing the fanbase this year...and potentially some on the team.

The defense has been fine (elite this year) in his tenure, but the offense has been nothing short of a disaster. The Peterman nonsense, the RB situation last year and the WR situation this year are embarrassments. If he keeps trotting Peterman out there, I guarantee he loses the locker room, and that's more difficult to come back from than anything else.

I don't remember if it was you that mentioned Kyle Orton, but this team with Kyle Orton as the QB is probably 4-2 right now, not 2-4.

The defense has been fine (elite this year) in his tenure, but the offense has been nothing short of a disaster. The Peterman nonsense, the RB situation last year and the WR situation this year are embarrassments. If he keeps trotting Peterman out there, I guarantee he loses the locker room, and that's more difficult to come back from than anything else.
Yea, they have to find someway to get Anderson up to speed for Indy. You just cannot keep playing Peterman. Funny thing is, Anderson might actually give us a better chance at winning than Allen given that he’ll do vet things like read a defense and hit the checkdowns.

Agreed on the RB situation last year. They did a good job addressing it this year though, which gives me hope that they can do the same at the WR position.

This myth that he has an obsession with Peterman is people not thinking logically.

Peterman was a solid college QB who earned the right to get drafted by an NFL team. He’s not McDermotts kid brother who ended up on the team just cuz.

Last year he played Peterman in the Chargers game because Tyrod had sucked, does suck, and will always suck.

This offseason Peterman won the starting job. That’s what people fail to understand. He won it in training camp, he won it in the preseason games, and he most likely won it in the meeting rooms as well. Any reasonable person would take all this information and determine that the outlier in this situation has to be the 1st half disaster against LAC - all these other reps the guy seems to be a legit football player. Then the Ravens game happens.

I made a post here that I wanted Peterman gone or to the PS as fast as the Bills could make it happen so I’ll agree they deserve some criticism here for not making it happen faster but Anderson said he’s been in contact with the Bills since April... how did those conversations go? What were the other options? Landry Jones? Paxton Lynch? Those two are probably just as likely to throw a pick 6 as Peterman is in that situation. Might as well stick with the guy who knows the offense and who you have seen perform it in practice.

Bottom line is that Beane and McDermott had made a move to demote Peterman. Unfortunately it came a week too late and potentially cost them a game. They deserve to be criticized for it, yes, no doubt about it. Is it the end of the world? No, it’s not. This snarky trolling attitude by fans, media, parents’ basement media is over the top drama for the sake of over the top drama.

This myth that he has an obsession with Peterman is people not thinking logically.

Peterman was a solid college QB who earned the right to get drafted by an NFL team. He’s not McDermotts kid brother who ended up on the team just cuz.

Last year he played Peterman in the Chargers game because Tyrod had sucked, does suck, and will always suck.

This offseason Peterman won the starting job. That’s what people fail to understand. He won it in training camp, he won it in the preseason games, and he most likely won it in the meeting rooms as well. Any reasonable person would take all this information and determine that the outlier in this situation has to be the 1st half disaster against LAC - all these other reps the guy seems to be a legit football player. Then the Ravens game happens.

I made a post here that I wanted Peterman gone or to the PS as fast as the Bills could make it happen so I’ll agree they deserve some criticism here for not making it happen faster but Anderson said he’s been in contact with the Bills since April... how did those conversations go? What were the other options? Landry Jones? Paxton Lynch? Those two are probably just as likely to throw a pick 6 as Peterman is in that situation. Might as well stick with the guy who knows the offense and who you have seen perform it in practice.

Bottom line is that Beane and McDermott had made a move to demote Peterman. Unfortunately it came a week too late and potentially cost them a game. They deserve to be criticized for it, yes, no doubt about it. Is it the end of the world? No, it’s not. This snarky trolling attitude by fans, media, parents’ basement media is over the top drama for the sake of over the top drama.
...but no vet? They traded away McCarron. Maybe things went sideways for a bit with Anderson and they thought they would’ve had him earlier than they did. I don’t know... All I do know is that most fans wouldn’t feel comfortable with just Allen and Peterman at QB. One being a rookie and the other a 2nd year player with a rough rookie year in limited action.

Darnold has McCown.
Rosen has Bradford.
Baker has Tyrod.
Allen has...Peterman?

...but no vet? They traded away McCarron. Maybe things went sideways for a bit with Anderson and they thought they would’ve had him earlier than they did. I don’t know... All I do know is that most fans wouldn’t feel comfortable with just Allen and Peterman at QB. One being a rookie and the other a 2nd year player with a rough rookie year in limited action.

Darnold has McCown.
Rosen has Bradford.
Baker has Tyrod.
Allen has...Peterman?

Peterman had them fooled. They don’t trade away McCarron if they don’t believe in Peterman. Peterman looked fantastic in preseason. Not just solid or good. He looked great! That is what is so crazy about him. He just melts under the pressure I guess.

It sure has blown up in their face and I think they’ll learn from it... but cripes... lets not run these guys out of town yet for getting a 5th round pick for a backup QB. They haven’t fully implemented their plan yet. It’s clear what their plan is. Build a culture of hard work, Clear off bad contracts/dead weight while gaining picks to draft QB, Address the D through draft and FA, then Adress the O through draft and FA. Not sure why ppl don’t have the patience to wait and see it through when these guys already took us to the playoffs in the first year and the Defense is playing lights out. They earned some leeway in my opinion.

But everyone acts like that bratty kid at the store who’s mom is not gonna buy em the toy they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom