Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

From the syracuse.com writeup as has been discussed here:

At what point should Bills fans be concerned about blowout losses? Sunday's lopsided loss is the seventh time Sean McDermott's team has lost by 20 points or more.

Not sure of their contracts but Mills, Teller, Ivory, Murphy... even if they are all back ups
I like Ivory and Murphy back next year. Draft a RB in the middle rounds and we’re good to go at that position.

Would be super cool to not have a ton of money tied up in the RB position for once.

Mills should be back, agreed. He’s a serviceable starter and top notch depth if we sign/draft a starting RT.

McD def. has a leg up in blowout L's as well as aggressively clapping in said blowout L's.
About the only surprising thing to me was no improvement in the passing game today. For the bigger picture the writing was on the wall when Barnwell wrote about us having like 4 of the worst 10 contracts in the league a couple years ago. Flip over to Redzone and O'Leary is making a crushing block to spring a long td run; how much worse than Clay is he for what 20% of the cost?
"But cap room next year". Okie dokie. If we don't overpay for mediocre players I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Not that I give a crap about the Jets or Dolphins but it's such a joke that we're sitting here in 2018 watching a day in the division that's been happening for eighteen GD years. I was in college now going on 40 since we were in a race.

It was clear this season had the makings of a “take a step back to leap forward”, but I don’t think anyone expected this level of ineptitude.

I think pretty much everyone outside of some Bills fans expected this level of ineptitude lol. If anything, they've exceeded the expectations that the national media had. They've pretty much met my expectations unfortunately.

I think pretty much everyone outside of some Bills fans expected this level of ineptitude lol. If anything, they've exceeded the expectations that the national media had. They've pretty much met my expectations unfortunately.

Eh if Allen doesn’t get hurt on a cheap shot hit in Houston we could be having a completely different conversation about the Bills right now.

As far as who is back on the offense next year, I don't really care all that much who they bring back as far as backups go. The only guys that should really be considered to potentially start next season IMO are Allen, Dawkins, Mills, Zay (and only as a #3 guy at best IMO), and maybe Clay. I think cutting Clay in the offseason is basically a wash contract wise, so I could go either way with him. He isn't a bad player but he's not worth the money Buffalo is paying him given how little he's utilized/how often he's banged up.

Given how cheap Ducasse is, I wouldn't mind him coming back as a depth piece even though he isn't good.

In an ideal world (in my opinion), by the end of the offseason, Buffalo should have 3 new WRs, 2 new RBs, and 3 new starting offensive linemen. That's a ton of turnover though but this collection of non-talent probably deserves that kind of turnover.

Some of the guys I've been eyeing so far as potential targets are:

WR:
John Brown - FA
Quincy Enunwa - FA
Jermaine Kearse - FA
Adam Humphries - FA
Tyrell Williams - FA
N'Keal Harry - Draft
Collin Johnson - Draft
Kelvin Harmon - Draft
Riley Ridley - Draft
Tyre Brady - Draft

RB:
Le'Veon Bell - FA
Corey Grant - FA
Tevin Coleman - FA
TJ Yeldon - FA
Damien Harris - Draft
Karan Higdon - Draft
Darrell Henderson - Draft
Matt Colburn - Draft

Obviously we're still a long, long ways out, but if I had to guess right now, I'd say that Adam Humphries, Tyrell Williams, and Damien Harris are Buffalo Bills next season, and I pray that they also draft a WR early too.

Eh if Allen doesn’t get hurt on a cheap shot hit in Houston we could be having a completely different conversation about the Bills right now.

1. I highly doubt it to be honest. I think Anderson is better than Allen right now anyways.
2. My point was that coming into the season, basically everyone thought Buffalo was going to contend for the #1 pick in the draft and they're basically on the fringe of that picture right now.

1. I highly doubt it to be honest. I think Anderson is better than Allen right now anyways.
2. My point was that coming into the season, basically everyone thought Buffalo was going to contend for the #1 pick in the draft and they're basically on the fringe of that picture right now.

1. Hahahahahahahahaha
2. They thought the same thing the year before. Incompetent QB play cost us any chance at the last two weeks and will cost us until Allen is back on the field.

1. Hahahahahahahahaha
2. They thought the same thing the year before. Incompetent QB play cost us any chance at the last two weeks and will cost us until Allen is back on the field.

Yes, but longisland was saying nobody thought Buffalo would be this bad. My point was that basically everybody thought they'd be this bad or worse.

And Allen is literally the lowest rated starting QB in the league right now. He is not a savior by any stretch; he's a major reason the team has been so bad in the first place.

Current PFF grades after Anderson's disastrous ending to the game yesterday:

Allen: 51.4
Anderson: 47.9

It's not much of a gap, and before Anderson combusted in the last couple minutes of garbage time, he probably would have finished with a higher rating than Allen has this year.

As far as who is back on the offense next year, I don't really care all that much who they bring back as far as backups go. The only guys that should really be considered to potentially start next season IMO are Allen, Dawkins, Mills, Zay (and only as a #3 guy at best IMO), and maybe Clay. I think cutting Clay in the offseason is basically a wash contract wise, so I could go either way with him. He isn't a bad player but he's not worth the money Buffalo is paying him given how little he's utilized/how often he's banged up.

Given how cheap Ducasse is, I wouldn't mind him coming back as a depth piece even though he isn't good.

In an ideal world (in my opinion), by the end of the offseason, Buffalo should have 3 new WRs, 2 new RBs, and 3 new starting offensive linemen. That's a ton of turnover though but this collection of non-talent probably deserves that kind of turnover.

WR:
John Brown - FA
Quincy Enunwa - FA
Jermaine Kearse - FA
Adam Humphries - FA
Tyrell Williams - FA
N'Keal Harry - Draft
Collin Johnson - Draft
Kelvin Harmon - Draft
Riley Ridley - Draft
Tyre Brady - Draft

RB:
Le'Veon Bell - FA
Corey Grant - FA
Tevin Coleman - FA
TJ Yeldon - FA
Damien Harris - Draft
Karan Higdon - Draft
Matt Colburn - Draft

Obviously we're still a long, long ways out, but if I had to guess right now, I'd say that Adam Humphries, Tyrell Williams, and Damien Harris are Buffalo Bills next season, and I pray that they also draft a WR early too.
Tyrell Williams is my #1 wish list signing in the offseason. Definitely need 2 FA WRs. Zay is showing signs of life and could become a reliable slot WR, im beginning to like what I see from him.

Mills and Ducasse are fine, should we keep them as starters. They aren't anywhere near as bad as certain fans think, and sometimes they actually perform pretty well. We should definitely be looking to upgrade on Bodine and Miller as starters though.

Tyrell Williams is my #1 wish list signing in the offseason. Definitely need 2 FA WRs. Zay is showing signs of life and could become a reliable slot WR, im beginning to like what I see from him.

Mills and Ducasse are fine, should we keep them as starters. They aren't anywhere near as bad as certain fans think, and sometimes they actually perform pretty well. We should definitely be looking to upgrade on Bodine and Miller as starters though.
OL and DL are where you guys should spend money. They are way more important than skill positions. The draft is littered with skill guys every year.
Look at what Whitworth did to the LA Rams. Spend on the lines. That is how you get quick turnarounds.

I didn’t realize the Bills offense has been this bad as their is no way NE should be a 13 pt road favorite right now over anyone. I expect the Pats to win but that line basically means the Bills offense is struggling.
Draft RBs/WRs sign the top OL in FA.

Yes, but longisland was saying nobody thought Buffalo would be this bad. My point was that basically everybody thought they'd be this bad or worse.

And Allen is literally the lowest rated starting QB in the league right now. He is not a savior by any stretch; he's a major reason the team has been so bad in the first place.

It's not much of a gap, and before Anderson combusted in the last couple minutes of garbage time, he probably would have finished with a higher rating than Allen has this year.
We've been HISTORICALLY bad on offense. I don't think anyone thought historically bad was on the table.
We somehow have 2 wins but have been absolutely blitzkrieged in the other games outside of Houston. I don't know that anyone saw that coming either.

I'm a homer, however any non-homer probably thought no way are we repeating a playoff trip this year, but I don't know that anyone thought we'd be a JV squad 4 out of 7 weeks.

This offseason will be really fun, but man, this season is going to suckkkkkkk.

OL and DL are where you guys should spend money. They are way more important than skill positions. The draft is littered with skill guys every year.
Look at what Whitworth did to the LA Rams. Spend on the lines. That is how you get quick turnarounds.

I didn’t realize the Bills offense has been this bad as their is no way NE should be a 13 pt road favorite right now over anyone. I expect the Pats to win but that line basically means the Bills offense is struggling.
Our defense gave up yesterday in the first quarter. It was obvious. I don't expect any resistance for the Pats Monday Night. Y'all might win by 40.

The "bang for your buck" in Free Agency is on Defense and #2 WR's. Not any Whitworth's out there after Marpet signed the extension.

I'd address OL early in the draft and sign 2-3 FA WR's. Go the Rams route of having a bunch of really good, but not elite WRs.

He was a dumpster fire the entire game. To think or say otherwise is confusing to me.

I’m not saying Allen is throwing it around the yard like an all pro but you are completely discounting the mobility portion of Allen’s game. Also the toughness, bravado, and juice he provides.

If he doesn’t get hurt we probably win the Houston game and all this other b.s. backup QB drama that’s just extra fuel for the DOOOOMED portion of the fan base doesn’t take place.

WR:
John Brown - FA
Quincy Enunwa - FA
Jermaine Kearse - FA
Adam Humphries - FA
Tyrell Williams - FA
N'Keal Harry - Draft
Collin Johnson - Draft
Kelvin Harmon - Draft
Riley Ridley - Draft
Tyre Brady - Draft

RB:
Le'Veon Bell - FA
Corey Grant - FA
Tevin Coleman - FA
TJ Yeldon - FA
Damien Harris - Draft
Karan Higdon - Draft
Matt Colburn - Draft

What about OL? All things being equal I also like spending there.
Is Humphries any good? I just remember him as the dude who fumbled the game away vs us.
Coleman is a nice back to have in the rotation. First thing I always did in Madden last year was trade for him.

He was a dumpster fire the entire game. To think or say otherwise is confusing to me.

I’m not saying Allen is throwing it around the yard like an all pro but you are completely discounting the mobility portion of Allen’s game. Also the toughness, bravado, and juice he provides.

If he doesn’t get hurt we probably win the Houston game and all this other b.s. backup QB drama that’s just extra fuel for the DOOOOMED portion of the fan base doesn’t take place.
I agree with this. We beat Houston with Allen and I think the Indy debacle was residual from the Houston loss and QB drama.

I disagree that he was a dumpster fire the entire game. I think he looked significantly better than Allen or Peterman for three quarters at least. For the first time all year, the offense resembled an actual NFL offense with a QB that could make quick and good decisions, and unlike Peterman, throw the ball with some velocity so that it could actually get to his targets. Through 3 quarters, Anderson had completed 15/20 for 137 yards and likely had a shot at a TD pass if not for Charles Clay's fumble. In 3 quarters, he had produced more than Allen did in 3 of his 5 starts (and I'm adding in Allen's rushing yards too).

What about OL? All things being equal I also like spending there.
Is Humphries any good? I just remember him as the dude who fumbled the game away vs us.
Coleman is a nice back to have in the rotation. First thing I always did in Madden last year was trade for him.

I assume that they will spend a lot on O-Line this offseason. I just don't know the O-Line guys all that well so I didn't want to pretend I know anything about them haha. As far as I understand, it's unfortunately a weak FA class for O-Line. Seems like a lot of intriguing draft options, though probably none in the top 5 where Buffalo will likely be drafting (unless they trade down, which I would probably recommend).

Humphries is nothing special, but he knows what to do and can find holes in zones, which I can't really say for anyone on this team right now. He's a weapon on screens and and underneath stuff in general, a lot like the guys the Patriots generally target.

Regardless of zero talent I think Dabol is a turd. Just want Allen back to continue to get playing time, it's the only thing that will help him as he clearly is going to have to prove to be a good NFL QB despite zero help from the organization.

I assume that they will spend a lot on O-Line this offseason. I just don't know the O-Line guys all that well so I didn't want to pretend I know anything about them haha. As far as I understand, it's unfortunately a weak FA class for O-Line. Seems like a lot of intriguing draft options, though probably none in the top 5 where Buffalo will likely be drafting (unless they trade down, which I would probably recommend).

Humphries is nothing special, but he knows what to do and can find holes in zones, which I can't really say for anyone on this team right now. He's a weapon on screens and and underneath stuff in general, a lot like the guys the Patriots generally target.

Ya trading down is probably best unless there's an AJ Green type WR (for some reason he's always at the top of my 'wish we picked' list). I don't really love drafting OL that high anyway. Funny how everyone was preaching that when Dallas was good 2yrs ago; now not so much.

Regardless of zero talent I think Dabol is a turd. Just want Allen back to continue to get playing time, it's the only thing that will help him as he clearly is going to have to prove to be a good NFL QB despite zero help from the organization.
I haven't been impressed with Daboll, but I also think we need to step back and ask ourselves what exactly are we expecting him to do with this dumpster fire he was handed for 2018?

Average OL. Above Average RB's. Below Average TE's. Below Average WR's.

Rookie QB.
Walking Disaster QB.
Random guy off the street QB.

I don't even know if McVay could come in here and make this situation work.

Like McDermott, i'll give Daboll next year before I start making a judgment one way or the other.

I haven't watched a ton of MNF this year but I did catch most of last week's game. This almost exactly echoes my thoughts on the broadcast. Don't say you weren't warned :)

The 'Monday Night Football' broadcast is officially a mess
Witten was definitely green early on, as expected, but I don't think he's that bad at all. I don't mind him in the booth, think he's cleaned it up a lot and knows the game. Again... he was playing just last year..

As for the overall production, yeah, I get why that is frustrating and down right silly overall. That crane thing just doesnt make an iota of sense.

Witten was definitely green early on, as expected, but I don't think he's that bad at all. I don't mind him in the booth, think he's cleaned it up a lot and knows the game. Again... he was playing just last year..

As for the overall production, yeah, I get why that is frustrating and down right silly overall. That crane thing just doesnt make an iota of sense.

Yeah it's really the crane thing and way too much focus on the announcers that bothered me as opposed to what they were saying. Just don't think the camera should be on them as much as it was. I'm here to watch a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom