Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

It will be interesting to watch. Tough to tell who the Bills really like. If It's Jackson who it might be, they could sit at 12, Mayfield they probably need to be in front of the Jets, everyone else they need the Giants pick. Tough to tell.

They will sign a Matt Moore/ Glennon type to fill the gap for a period of time ( first 4-6 games) but I don't see them signing much more than that on the FA market. I hate to say it, I still think they kind of like Peterman. If they take Jackson he won't start day one.

Just my opinion but I don't really like any of the Qb's other than Allen, Jackson and Mayfield. They have high boom bust potential but Rosen and Darnold don't really do much for me. They seem like future average NFL QB's, which is still fine but not really loving it

That said, who knows what these guys will do, I don't think they give what Mr Kaiser is asking but we shall see, if they give that their pick better be a monster.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to watch. Tough to tell who the Bills really like. If It's Jackson who it might be, they could sit at 12, Mayfield they probably need to be in front of the Jets, everyone else they need the Giants pick. Tough to tell.

They will sign a Matt Moore/ Glennon type to fill the gap for a period of time ( first 4-6 games) but I don't see them signing much more than that on the FA market. I hate to say it, I still think they kind of like Peterman. If they take Jackson he won't start day one.

Just my opinion but I don't really like any of the Qb's other than Allen, Jackson and Mayfield. They have high boom bust potential but Rosen and Darnold don't really do much for me. They seem like future average NFL QB's, which is still fine but not really loving it

That said, who knows what these guys will do, I don't think they give what Mr Kaiser is asking but we shall see, if they give that their pick better be a monster.
It feels like they really value those 2nd and 3rd round picks to fill some holes so I'm hoping, if they want pick #2, that their final offer is 12/22 and '19 1st Rounder or they move up to 7 and offer two firsts this year with one being #7.

It's wild the variance of opinions on these QBs. It seems if you like Rosen, you think Darnold and Mayfield are meh and Allen is a bust. If you like Allen, you hate Rosen. If you like Mayfield etc etc.

I have no clue what they'll do but they've def gained my trust.

It feels like they really value those 2nd and 3rd round picks to fill some holes so I'm hoping, if they want pick #2, that their final offer is 12/22 and '19 1st Rounder or they move up to 7 and offer two firsts this year with one being #7.

It's wild the variance of opinions on these QBs. It seems if you like Rosen, you think Darnold and Mayfield are meh and Allen is a bust. If you like Allen, you hate Rosen. If you like Mayfield etc etc.

I have no clue what they'll do but they've def gained my trust.

Exactly, I am just going to let it play out. I just love Jackson because he is so athletic and Mayfield because of his playmaking ability and the way he plays. Rosen and Darnold to me are just two more QB's in the same mold of another two more QB's that will come along next year, they just don't move the dial but who knows

Watkins gets 3 yrs/$48 mil from the Chiefs.

Even if Gaines leaves, we still got a pick out of it. Another good move by Beane.

Great deal for Sammy.. Don't get it because they guy can't stay healthy but good deal for him

Watkins gets 3 yrs/$48 mil from the Chiefs.

Even if Gaines leaves, we still got a pick out of it. Another good move by Beane.

I'll be interested to see how Sammy does here in KC. Knowing my luck, I'll have a front row seat to him finally living up to his potential.

Broncos signing Case Keenum. Sounds like he's their QB of the Future. Denver fans losing their collective minds.
If the Jets beat out the Vikings for Cousins then don't need to trade up further. If Giants don't go QB we'd then have pick of the litter after the Browns.

If the Jets beat out the Vikings for Cousins then don't need to trade up further. If Giants don't go QB we'd then have pick of the litter after the Browns.

I still think the broncos take a QB with their pick. No? Is Keenum a viable long term guy?? I don't know

I'd actually like Buffalo to package a pick from next year along with 12 & 22 to move up and keep our 2's and 3's this year.

We have druglord money next year for FA. This year we have some but also created a lot of holes that need to be filled.

Next year's 1st could easily end up being in the top 10-15; I would much rather trade a late 2nd and 3rd this year than to move next year's 1st.

Next year's 1st could easily end up being in the top 10-15; I would much rather trade a late 2nd and 3rd this year than to move next year's 1st.
My only reasoning for that is that we have a ton of cap space next year. I'd rather get some talent around a Josh Rosen then throw him out there on a bare bones team.

You like Allen?

My only reasoning for that is that we have a ton of cap space next year. I'd rather get some talent around a Josh Rosen then throw him out there on a bare bones team.

I don't think relying on late 2nd and 3rd round guys to be the building blocks around your QB as rookies is a great scenario either. Again, I'm more than happy to wait a year and pick in the top 10-15 than to sacrifice that pick for a couple late Day 2 picks, especially when you already have multiple picks in those rounds.

I also don't really expect those Day 2 picks to be used on new weapons anyways.

I was afraid of this one. Hope McBeane know what they're doing in this case considering their familiarity, but by any metric, he's been pretty much a terrible player outside of his rookie year.

Bills desperately need DL help so I don't have an issue with the deal assuming its not a ridiculous contract. Per the report Carolina was very intersted in bringing him back which I think is a good sign. That said a lot still depends on the contract details. The good news is we now have a decent DL and don't have to burn a 1st round pick on a DT if the QB thing falls flat. Need to bring back Kyle on a reasonable 1 year deal at this point.

With the Jets and Dolphins looking like bottom 5 teams next year unless the Jets get Cousins the Bills are smart to go for it this year.
Star is a solid DT.
He isn’t Darius when motivated but definitely good.

With Brees going back to NO 2 for
50 and Cousins looking at the Jets/Vikings and Keenum to Denver you guys are drafting a QB.

Bradford could be a stopgap but the Bills have the ammo and just need to decide which QB they like and get them on draft night.

Shefty’s got Cousins in St Paul.

I was afraid of this one. Hope McBeane know what they're doing in this case considering their familiarity, but by any metric, he's been pretty much a terrible player outside of his rookie year.
Just got out of some meetings and saw the news. Carolina wanted him back and their messageboard is glad he's in the AFC so they don't have to face him, so that's good news for a big name that I shared your concern for.

Star/KW could be a nasty DT duo.

Bills should take a long look at Pugh. Would allow us to get Ducasse the heck out of the lineup. I think were stuck with Mills after trading Glenn. Need to get a young tackle in the draft at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom