Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

My only upside with Ray Ray is that he could be a sick punt returner. If our defense is getting 3 & outs regularly, he could do some damage in the return game.

I don’t mind burning a pick on a returner if he ends up winning the spot for a few years. Tate was awful last year.

Robert Foster is an interesting UDFA signing for Buffalo, especially with Daboll as OC.
5 star out of hs. Underachieved at Bama. Big and fast though. 6'2" 196# ran a 4.41 at combine. Maybe a straight deep threat and special teamer.

Dawkins / McDermott
Teller
Groy / Bodine
Miller / Ducasse
Mills / Newhouse
Clay / O’Leary / Thomas
Benjamin / Holmes
Jones / Streater / Clay
Kerley / Proehl /McCloud
McCoy / Ivory / Cadet / Murphy / Dimarco
Allen / McCarron / Peterman

Hughes / Murphy
Williams / Washington
Star / Philips
Lawson / Yarborough
Alexander / Villejo
Edmunds / Stanford
Milano / Humber
White / Johnson
Davis / Gaines / Pitts
Hyde / Neal
Poyer / Bush

Pretty pleased... although there are some depth issues at LB (although I like Humber), CB, OT, WR

D-line has me super pumped. That’s a talented 8 man rotation and we have two space eaters in Star and Philips compared to 0 last year.

O line looks ok as long as we go back to a power run scheme which the pick of Teller seems to indicate that we are under the new OC.

Much more pleased with our backup RB’s this year compared to last year

The WR depth isn’t as poor as it’s made out to be. Would love to see it with a more confident Zay and a full season from Holmes.

As always, the season hinges on QB play. I want them to ease Allen in but I think he’ll be starting week 1. He’s big, strong, and mobile. He can take care of himself.

FWIW, everyone’s favorite draft guru, Mel Kiper, says the Bills had the best draft.

Link?

Have to be an Insider.

Mel Kiper's 2018 NFL draft grades: Nobody gets an F

But here’s a snippet. Bills were the only A (several A-‘s)

i

Buffalo Bills: A

Top needs: Quarterback, offensive line, wide receiver

That the Bills were targeting a quarterback tends to make you forget this was a playoff team, so the first round was an interesting mix, as they added both high-upside potential at the game's most important position, and also immediate help at a spot where rookies can often be found contributing. They gave up some notable draft value in second-round picks to maneuver, but I'm not sure any team added this kind of high-upside talent. Key word: upside.

We know Josh Allen (pick 7) needs development as a player with great traits but lacking polish out of Wyoming, but development is a given for any QB. The addition of Tremaine Edmunds (16) means that the Bills managed to get two of my top 11 players in this draft class, and Edmunds is likely to help right away. The useful immediate help and long-range upside wasn't limited to Round 1, either. Harrison Phillips (96) is an interior disruptor who can jump into the mix in Week 1. Kyle Williams won't play forever (probably?) so this was a good fit. Taron Johnson (121) can get on the field early. He won't be a No. 1 corner, but in the fifth round, he's a decent get. Ray-Ray McCloud (187) is a wildcard, but he can jump into the return game and could factor into the wide receiver depth chart.

Yeah, it'll come down to Allen, but if he reaches his upside, you change the direction of the franchise. He could be a perfect fit in Buffalo. As it always goes with big bets on quarterbacks, time will tell the story.

Great weekend for Buffalo fans with a good draft IMO and with the Sabres winning the NHL draft lottery and most likely drafting super talented defenseman Rasmus Dahlin.

Not a lot of middle ground on Josh Allen from draft pundits. They either seem to love him or hate him. Same goes for how many review the Bills draft. Time will tell, I just don't know how so many develop such strong opinions, time will tell what Josh Allen will become

Not a lot of middle ground on Josh Allen from draft pundits. They either seem to love him or hate him. Same goes for how many review the Bills draft. Time will tell, I just don't know how so many develop such strong opinions, time will tell what Josh Allen will become
It all hinges on Allen, but we didn’t exactly mortgage anything in getting him. People mention giving up a lot of draft capital but we had a full draft last year, full draft this year and have a full draft in tact for next year, along with a ton of cap space.

Outside of QB, we got two conscensus Top 60 players for our defense in Edmunds and Phillips. Then drafted two guys who look able to contribute right away in our secondary. Drafted a guard who fits our scheme and will compete for a starting spot, then a couple of WRs as late round picks.

Not sure how anyone could have a problem with what we did outside of Allen? If someone gives us a low draft grade, it’s probably 90% because they don’t like Allen.

Bills are bringing in some very intriguing UDA's as Toga and others have pointed out. WR and OL look especially promising, hoping we can hit on someone.

Bills are bringing in some very intriguing UDA's as Toga and others have pointed out. WR and OL look especially promising, hoping we can hit on someone.
Given the level of the current state of their wr and oline it seems like your average weekend flag footballer would be an upgrade

It all hinges on Allen, but we didn’t exactly mortgage anything in getting him. People mention giving up a lot of draft capital but we had a full draft last year, full draft this year and have a full draft in tact for next year, along with a ton of cap space.

Outside of QB, we got two conscensus Top 60 players for our defense in Edmunds and Phillips. Then drafted two guys who look able to contribute right away in our secondary. Drafted a guard who fits our scheme and will compete for a starting spot, then a couple of WRs as late round picks.

Not sure how anyone could have a problem with what we did outside of Allen? If someone gives us a low draft grade, it’s probably 90% because they don’t like Allen.

I'm not the biggest Josh Allen fan. I have big concerns about his accuracy but I'd love to see him be a star since he's a Wyoming boy. But at some point, we have to take a chance on a QB. Doesn't seem like a big QB class next year to me. Drew Lock from Mizzou is probably the best prospect next year that I can think of, so I'm okay with seeing what Allen can do. I'm really happy with Edmunds and Phillips and I think the rest of the picks make sense and have a chance of working out.

I'm not the biggest Josh Allen fan. I have big concerns about his accuracy but I'd love to see him be a star since he's a Wyoming boy. But at some point, we have to take a chance on a QB. Doesn't seem like a big QB class next year to me. Drew Lock from Mizzou is probably the best prospect next year that I can think of, so I'm okay with seeing what Allen can do. I'm really happy with Edmunds and Phillips and I think the rest of the picks make sense and have a chance of working out.

Agreed, at the end of the day, the Bills realistically made a choice between Allen, Rosen and Jackson. Thinking Rosen's durability may have been an issue and Jackson was passed over by a ton of teams as well. Can't look back at this point, the Bills have put their faith in Allen. I like many have some reservations but at least they did not sell the farm and at this point just hope for the best and hopefully in a couple years he proves to be a franchise QB. Might be rough at the start but he has to develop through experience and I don't see the Bills waiting too long to throw him to the wolves

I was telling a non-college football fan how bad next year's QB class potentially is. I'm a decently involved college fan and going into a given year I can usually point to a few college QBs who have 1st round hype... for example this year I knew all about Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Jackson, Rudolph, etc. Next year I can legitimately name one QB who is going to be that great. The Bills had to go all in this year on the best QB they could get. Next year is going to have to be about getting the best available olineman and skill players around Allen.

It's super strong opinions because there's basically two schools of thought at this point:

1. Physical talent - in this school, Allen is probably the #1 QB prospect in the draft and one of the best to come out in a long time
2. Analytics - in this school, Allen is like a 3rd-4th round prospect at best.

So if you're in the first school, you love the pick and if the second, you despise it. There aren't really any people that tread in between those two schools of thought.

Justin Herbert will probably be in the conversation if he declares next season as well, but I personally prefer Lock. I'd put Lock up there with any of the guys from this year's class.

Justin Herbert will probably be in the conversation if he declares next season as well, but I personally prefer Lock. I'd put Lock up there with any of the guys from this year's class.
Best QB next year is Jacob Eason.
I think he will be the first QB off the board and probably a top 5 pick but he transferee to Washington.
Next year’s crop sucks.
Lock/Patterson/Thomson/Stinham aren’t great.

Best QB next year is Jacob Eason.
I think he will be the first QB off the board and probably a top 5 pick but he transferee to Washington.
Next year’s crop sucks.
Lock/Patterson/Thomson/Stinham aren’t great.

Is Eason even eligible to play this year?

Is Eason even eligible to play this year?
He is petitioning but I doubt he will.
Eason is the best prospect though. If he waits a year even.
Next years QB class sucks though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom