Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

He is petitioning but I doubt he will.
Eason is the best prospect though. If he waits a year even.
Next years QB class sucks though.

I can't see him getting taken anywhere near top 5 after sitting out the whole year. I doubt he even declares; probably wants to at least get one more year of tape out there; I don't think his freshman year was impressive enough for teams to target him that high two years removed from any tape.

It's super strong opinions because there's basically two schools of thought at this point:

1. Physical talent - in this school, Allen is probably the #1 QB prospect in the draft and one of the best to come out in a long time
2. Analytics - in this school, Allen is like a 3rd-4th round prospect at best.

So if you're in the first school, you love the pick and if the second, you despise it. There aren't really any people that tread in between those two schools of thought.

There's also the film junkies who don't always line up with either but in this case they're fully united with the Analytics crowd.
To me that's worrisome but I have to settle for "nobody knows anything" as history has proven with projecting nfl qb's. I like that he was reportedly good on the chalk board with a good wonderlic - I know those things don't necessarily correlate either but at least it shows he's not just a dumb specimen.

There's also the film junkies who don't always line up with either but in this case they're fully united with the Analytics crowd.
To me that's worrisome but I have to settle for "nobody knows anything" as history has proven with projecting nfl qb's. I like that he was reportedly good on the chalk board with a good wonderlic - I know those things don't necessarily correlate either but at least it shows he's not just a dumb specimen.

No not at all and agreed the analytics guys really are carving him up. Dilfer loves the kid. so not really sure and the only way to know is to watch him play the next couple years and hope he produces and develops, nothing new and nothing different than any other draft pick regardless of how right somebody thinks they are NOW. No matter how loud they yell, look at me!!!! I am right you are wrong!!!!!

People just need to relax as it will play itself out

I’m not sure how much faith I have in analytics evaluating QB play. Too much nuance and too many variables. Especially for a college QB playing at Wyoming.

Analytics probably loves Tyrod Taylor.

And also, ding dong Russ Brandon’s dead.

Russ Brandon let go. Apparently had a workplace Me Too problem.

Best QB next year is Jacob Eason.
I think he will be the first QB off the board and probably a top 5 pick but he transferee to Washington.
Next year’s crop sucks.
Lock/Patterson/Thomson/Stinham aren’t great.

Keep an eye on Will Grier.

All.

Sometimes it’s divided up and given to another family member.

Well it definitely is not all. I decided to look it up myself, and just over half of the league has a CEO or President that is outside of the ownership group (Dolphins, Lions, Packers, Jets, Ravens, Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks). I suppose it's just the preference of the owner.

List of current National Football League staffs - Wikipedia

Well it definitely is not all. I decided to look it up myself, and just over half of the league has a CEO or President that is outside of the ownership group (Dolphins, Lions, Packers, Jets, Ravens, Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks). I suppose it's just the preference of the owner.

List of current National Football League staffs - Wikipedia
Not sure what that link was intended to do, it doesn’t show it now, but I checked 3 of your 1st 4...the packers would be an exception as they’re publicly owned, but Ross, a Ford and a Johnson are all Chairman or CEOs.

Each team divides up responsibilities from there but each owner is ultimately the decision maker.

Not sure what that link was intended to do, it doesn’t show it now, but I checked 3 of your 1st 4...the packers would be an exception as they’re publicly owned, but Ross, a Ford and a Johnson are all Chairman or CEOs.

Each team divides up responsibilities from there but each owner is ultimately the decision maker.

Yeah I get that. My point was that all of those teams I listed have either a President or a CEO who is outside of the ownership team. The Lions have Rod Wood as President. The Dolphins have Tom Garfinkel as President & CEO. Understood that the owners have final say, just pointing out that a lot of teams have someone in these positions who aren't ownership.

Yeah I get that. My point was that all of those teams I listed have either a President or a CEO who is outside of the ownership team. The Lions have Rod Wood as President. The Dolphins have Tom Garfinkel as President & CEO. Understood that the owners have final say, just pointing out that a lot of teams have someone in these positions who aren't ownership.
Oh I see.

I thinks just how the bi-laws or how it’s owned ie: Group, partnership or sole etc...

It also might in the bi-laws of tbat particular franchise. Not everyone has a CEO-President structure. Eventually, there is some kind of President or VP of football operations to be the fall guy.

Oh I see.

I thinks just how the bi-laws or how it’s owned ie: Group, partnership or sole etc...

It also might in the bi-laws of tbat particular franchise. Not everyone has a CEO-President structure. Eventually, there is some kind of President or VP of football operations to be the fall guy.

Yeah, it's interesting how the structures are different. Obviously the structure the Bills have had for years hasn't exactly worked out too well, so maybe this new structure will. Just hope the Pegulas don't go full Jerry Jones and take over the GM role as well.

Bills projected to pick 1st overall in McShay's 2019 mock that came out today. Can certainly see a 6 win season coming but a 3 or 4 win season seems real low. I guess when you realize that they had a -57 point differential last year and both offense and defense were ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league and now account for QB play that is going to be very poor, it does seem possible.

Bills projected to pick 1st overall in McShay's 2019 mock that came out today. Can certainly see a 6 win season coming but a 3 or 4 win season seems real low. I guess when you realize that they had a -57 point differential last year and both offense and defense were ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league and now account for QB play that is going to be very poor, it does seem possible.

There is a 0.0% chance the Bills are the worst team in football next year.

There is a 0.0% chance the Bills are the worst team in football next year.

That's a stretch. They are a McCoy 30 year old hamstring from being easily the worst offense in the league.

That's a stretch. They are a McCoy 30 year old hamstring from being easily the worst offense in the league.
First off - Shady is a warrior and if gets hurt he’s never out for long. And I don’t care how old he is, he’s still a stud until proven otherwise.

Even without McCoy the Bills are far far far far away from being a bottom 5 team. Ivory, Cadet, and Murphy are more than capable.

What are the potential negative differences between this year and last? No Tyrod? Ok, I can see why someone might make that argument but I see McCarron as an upgrade actually. And if the rook beats him out in camp we’ll be even better off. Perhaps fielding a legitimate NFL passing attack will keep opponents from having 8 or 9 guys in the box and Shady can have even more space to maneuver.

No Richie or Wood? I’m just not that concerned about losing a couple of old linemen. Groy and Bodine are legit NFL starters - they’ve proven it. Are they All-Pros? No, but they aren’t schlubs either.

Defensively, it’s really not up for debate that they’ve gotten better. Added Star, Murphy, Philips, Edmunds, Davis, Johnson, Neal. Adding 2 space eating DT’s - we had none last year. A talented and productive DE who sets the edge and has had good sack numbers in the NFL. A pro bowl corner, a slot guy, and a utility knife safety really solidify our already excellent secondary. May be growing pains w Edmunds but the guy is going to be a star sooner than later.

Lost Brown and Gaines. Gaines played well in his one year with the Bills, but he was injury prone and missed significant time. Brown made a lot of tackles, but there is a reason we didn’t try to sign him - he’s not an impact player.

Nothing happened this offseason that makes this team 6, 7, or 8 games worse. Nothing.

Last edited:
Looks like we are hiring Dan Morgan away from the Seahawks.

First off - Shady is a warrior and if gets hurt he’s never out for long. And I don’t care how old he is, he’s still a stud until proven otherwise.

Even without McCoy the Bills are far far far far away from being a bottom 5 team. Ivory, Cadet, and Murphy are more than capable.

What are the potential negative differences between this year and last? No Tyrod? Ok, I can see why someone might make that argument but I see McCarron as an upgrade actually. And if the rook beats him out in camp we’ll be even better off. Perhaps fielding a legitimate NFL passing attack will keep opponents from having 8 or 9 guys in the box and Shady can have even more space to maneuver.

No Richie or Wood? I’m just not that concerned about losing a couple of old linemen. Groy and Bodine are legit NFL starters - they’ve proven it. Are they All-Pros? No, but they aren’t schlubs either.

Defensively, it’s really not up for debate that they’ve gotten better. Added Star, Murphy, Philips, Edmunds, Davis, Johnson, Neal. Adding 2 space eating DT’s - we had none last year. A talented and productive DE who sets the edge and has had good sack numbers in the NFL. A pro bowl corner, a slot guy, and a utility knife safety really solidify our already excellent secondary. May be growing pains w Edmunds but the guy is going to be a star sooner than later.

Lost Brown and Gaines. Gaines played well in his one year with the Bills, but he was injury prone and missed significant time. Brown made a lot of tackles, but there is a reason we didn’t try to sign him - he’s not an impact player.

Nothing happened this offseason that makes this team 6, 7, or 8 games worse. Nothing.

Ivory, Cadet and Murphy are more than capable of what? Averaging under 3ypc? That comment alone is ridiculous. If you think they have any shot at 9 wins again this year then prepare to be very disappointed.

Ivory, Cadet and Murphy are more than capable of what? Averaging under 3ypc? That comment alone is ridiculous. If you think they have any shot at 9 wins again this year then prepare to be very disappointed.

I peg you as a glass is half empty kind of guy
7F9FC562-2151-43C4-A792-AFB53EDC1B7B.jpeg

You were probably a guy who thought we were tanking last year too, amirite?

Ivory has a career YPA of 4.4

Cadet averaged 4.2 YPA w BUF last year

Murphy averaged 5.9 YPA w BUF last year

If you think the Bills are winning 0-3 games then I sincerely question your ability to evaluate NFL rosters and what you see on the field each Sunday.

But not to worry, there will be plenty of room for you on the bandwagon when the Bills are making their playoff push in November and December.

Last edited:
I peg you as a glass is half empty kind of guy
View attachment 127759
You were probably a guy who thought we were tanking last year too, amirite?

Ivory has a career YPA of 4.4

Cadet averaged 4.2 YPA w BUF last year

Murphy averaged 5.9 YPA w BUF last year

If you think the Bills are winning 0-3 games then I sincerely question your ability to evaluate NFL rosters and what you see on the field each Sunday.

But not to worry, there will be plenty of room for you on the bandwagon when the Bills are making their playoff push in November and December.

Thank you for showing me the career ypc of our 30+ backup rb as if that is relevant in any way whatsoever. I'm more in the 4-7 win range. Vegas has set their +/- at 6.5 as well. Only 4 teams below them. But I'm sure a fan of the team knows way more.

Since you think theres a playoff push coming, I would bet you $50 that they'll win less than 8 games. We can each put our money where our mouths are and send it now to a trustworthy person on the board now to hold. I'm guessing you wouldn't be willing to do so.

Thank you for showing me the career ypc of our 30+ backup rb as if that is relevant in any way whatsoever. I'm more in the 4-7 win range. Vegas has set their +/- at 6.5 as well. Only 4 teams below them. But I'm sure a fan of the team knows way more.

Since you think theres a playoff push coming, I would bet you $50 that they'll win less than 8 games. We can each put our money where our mouths are and send it now to a trustworthy person on the board now to hold. I'm guessing you wouldn't be willing to do so.

You must be one of those self-hating Bills fans.

Props to you for the goalpost maneuvering in this thread. First you claim they could easily be the worst team in football, and now magically you win money if the Bills can’t get to 9 wins. Nicely done.

I’ll pass on the offer to bet money with a stranger on the internet - you clawing to get on the bandwagon while I stand on it triumphantly will be enough reward for me come playoff time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom