Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Really nice comeback win. Hurts a bit to see Watkins and Mahomes going off today considering we could have both right now but impressed by the defense and Allen for playing a great 4th qtr after a disastrous first half

I'm roadtripping to watch an ass kicking at Miami in November.

Ive done that trip tons of times. November is perfect.

WHOA

Edit: This was posted when the score was either 16-0 or 16-3

Was 16-3. Could see the momentum coming when they started handing it to Singletary with Mosley out.

Jets fans calling for Carli Lloyd.
79A57A12-AB95-4D57-9832-C37AFF583F2E.jpeg

Great, gutsy comeback:

Random thoughts:

1. Was frankly unimpressed by Singletary in the pre-season, and his drop in the first half did nothing to change my mind. But damn, kid looked good today.
2. It definitely was not pretty, but this was the kind of game we won so many times in the Kelly era. Allen shook off the unlucky plays and battled. So great to see.
3. Aside from Siran Neal, loved what I saw from the defense. Oliver got some great pressure too.
4. Bojorquez (sp?) actually punted well!
5. Didn't understand why Gase went for 2. It truly made no sense to me...and despite his rep in the NFL as a great offensive mind, I think he's in over his head.
6. Beasley...two crucial drops. If he wants to be Allen's safety blanket, he needs to snag everything in sight.
7. Brown looked like a legit #1 WR to me today. Yes, it's only 1 game, but that's all we have to go on, at least as a Bill.
8. Would have liked to have seen some more deep shots to Brown and Foster.
9. Zay is a whipping boy, but he had a huge 1st down catch right after the Beasley drop.
10. Mosley got some karmic retribution after talking crap to Allen. And Motormouth Jamal Adams didn't seem to do much of anything today. A Gregggggg Williams defense once again comes up short...SHOCKING!
10. 1-0...that's all that matters.

Great, gutsy comeback:

Random thoughts:

1. Was frankly unimpressed by Singletary in the pre-season, and his drop in the first half did nothing to change my mind. But damn, kid looked good today.
2. It definitely was not pretty, but this was the kind of game we won so many times in the Kelly era. Allen shook off the unlucky plays and battled. So great to see.
3. Aside from Siran Neal, loved what I saw from the defense. Oliver got some great pressure too.
4. Bojorquez (sp?) actually punted well!
5. Didn't understand why Gase went for 2. It truly made no sense to me...and despite his rep in the NFL as a great offensive mind, I think he's in over his head.
6. Beasley...two crucial drops. If he wants to be Allen's safety blanket, he needs to snag everything in sight.
7. Brown looked like a legit #1 WR to me today. Yes, it's only 1 game, but that's all we have to go on, at least as a Bill.
8. Would have liked to have seen some more deep shots to Brown and Foster.
9. Zay is a whipping boy, but he had a huge 1st down catch right after the Beasley drop.
10. Mosley got some karmic retribution after talking crap to Allen. And Motormouth Jamal Adams didn't seem to do much of anything today. A Gregggggg Williams defense once again comes up short...SHOCKING!
10. 1-0...that's all that matters.
What didn’t you like about Singletary in the PS?

What didn’t you like about Neal today?

We'll look back and know today allowed us to get to 9 or 10 wins.

What didn’t you like about Singletary in the PS?

What didn’t you like about Neal today?

Singletary - I thought that he didn't have much burst or acceleration. I'm not concerned about top end speed, but I do think that burst and acceleration are important for RBs.

Neal missed a few tackles - 1 that would have resulted in a Jets' 1st down and basically whiffed on what should have been an easy breakup on the Jets 2-pt conversion.

Singletary - I thought that he didn't have much burst or acceleration. I'm not concerned about top end speed, but I do think that burst and acceleration are important for RBs.

Neal missed a few tackles - 1 that would have resulted in a Jets' 1st down and basically whiffed on what should have been an easy breakup on the Jets 2-pt conversion.
I was too distraught to see who messed up the 2-pointer hahaha

Singletary might be a gem

Only certain of three things:

1) We are 1-0. Much like golf, no one cares how you got there, it's the number on the card at the end of the round.

2) That said we have to get a LOT better on offense in all facets.

3) After yesterday's SU catastrophe we all deserve this one, boys. What. A. Win.
On to Clemson week...

225 yards allowed. Thats high end def.
Was waiting to see if they could get pressure outside of Hughes.

That’s basically the only average area of this defense that we needed to see if it’s improved.

Was very happy with today.

The Brown TD + 4th down stop. Woah. It felt like I'd seen that game 100 times prior to those two plays. Funny but not funny that I was waiting for the flag marker both times and it came up both times 7 seconds later (what a miracle they weren't on us). Thought we would need a takeaway to hang on at the end. Great job getting a stop on downs.
What we learned I don't know. It's not wrong to say Allen was unlucky but otoh all I heard all month was horrible the Jets CBs are; just one of those games you take & move on.
For the Jets, +4 turnovers & a home loss. Lol. Just forfeit the rest of the year. Shades of Dick Jauron.

The Brown TD + 4th down stop. Woah. It felt like I'd seen that game 100 times prior to those two plays. Funny but not funny that I was waiting for the flag marker both times and it came up both times 7 seconds later (what a miracle they weren't on us). Thought we would need a takeaway to hang on at the end. Great job getting a stop on downs.
What we learned I don't know. It's not wrong to say Allen was unlucky but otoh all I heard all month was horrible the Jets CBs are; just one of those games you take & move on.
For the Jets, +4 turnovers & a home loss. Lol. Just forfeit the rest of the year. Shades of Dick Jauron.

same here - did you see Reid Ferguson's reaction on the sideline when he saw the flag on 4th down? He had his hands folded on top of his head.

What will the media narrative be for Darnold this week? Superstar Sam had the ball with 2:00 left, at home, needing only a FG to give his team a win. All he could muster was one lowly first down (aided in large part by a missed tackle by Jordan Phillips). Uninspiring performance by Sammy, to say the least.

Allens luck was even. 2 tips but also another pick called back for an uninvolved holding and then the easy drop down by the endzone. Every week is basically going to depend on if he can keep the dumb decisions to a minimum.

same here - did you see Reid Ferguson's reaction on the sideline when he saw the flag on 4th down? He had his hands folded on top of his head.

What will the media narrative be for Darnold this week? Superstar Sam had the ball with 2:00 left, at home, needing only a FG to give his team a win. All he could muster was one lowly first down (aided in large part by a missed tackle by Jordan Phillips). Uninspiring performance by Sammy, to say the least.

To be fair to him, probably needed a td lol.

You knew the Bills D had em

To be fair to him, probably needed a td lol.

Haha, true. But not sure that he had enough time, considering he averaged 6.25 yards per completion (yes, per completion, and not per attempt);

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom