Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Allens luck was even. 2 tips but also another pick called back for an uninvolved holding and then the easy drop down by the endzone. Every week is basically going to depend on if he can keep the dumb decisions to a minimum.

Fair enough. Trying to avoid the civil war with the habitual qb apologists after a W. Curiously none of them over on TBD ever double back to say "hey I was wrong about JP/EJ".
But ya my point being even if the luck was less than even, 17 vs that D aint great.

Allen w 64% completion percentage

4th quarter drive to cut the lead - running TD

Cherry 4th qtr game winning drive on a 38 yard touch

Last edited:
Fair enough. Trying to avoid the civil war with the habitual qb apologists after a W. Curiously none of them over on TBD ever double back to say "hey I was wrong about JP/EJ".
But ya my point being even if the luck was less than even, 17 vs that D aint great.
I don’t think anyone is under the impression we will win many games scoring 17 points and turning it over 4x.

We’re obviously hoping that’s out of our system and the offense plays better next week.

That 4th quarter was certainly encouraging after all the issues that went on prior to it.

I don’t think anyone is under the impression we will win many games scoring 17 points and turning it over 4x.

We’re obviously hoping that’s out of our system and the offense plays better next week.

That 4th quarter was certainly encouraging after all the issues that went on prior to it.
There were some flukey plays today that need to be cleaned up for sure and a few forced throws by Josh that are certainly worth criticizing butttt...

A LOT of new moving parts out there today. Virtually all but Josh, Dion and throw in a touch of Zay & Dimarco.

Need some more time together to see the full picture imo.

65CB4423-DEFD-48D1-870B-14D2271BE378.jpeg

:) Happy for the win.

Same old Jets D that last year coughed up what, 4 late leads just like this one? Anyway, a comeback win in the 4th is still a good win. Congrats, and here's to the next one.

Last edited:
Same old Jets D that coughed up what, late 4 leads last year just like this one? Anyway, a comeback win in the 4th is still a good win. Congrats, and here's to the next one.
Hope the Stampeders are doing well. :)

I was driving all day yesterday so I had to just listen on the radio, but based on the way it sounded at least, it sounded like the offense looked pretty promising for most of the game but simply had some flukey bad turnovers after it had moved the ball into scoring position.

I don't think I'll actually get to watch a Bills game until at least week 3 unfortunately, but at least from listening on the radio, it didn't sound like the offense was that much of an issue; it was just a matter of time before they'd finally hold on to the ball and score.

Just saw this post on TBD that jives with what I was saying:

In review of yesterday's game, I keep reading how terrible and ineffective the Bills offense was until the 4th Quarter. I completely disagree.

Were they mistake prone and sloppy at times? Absolutely.

But when you really break it down, the offense was consistently putting together strong drives for a good chunk of the day.

On the day, the Bills had the ball a total of 12 times.

- One possession was the kneel down at the half.

- One possession was running out the clock at the end of the game.

- Then you have the Cole Beasley bounce (pretty much a fluke), which was returned for a touchdown. This drive was one play.

- Then you have the safety (bad call by the refs), which also lasted one play.

That leaves 8 true possessions for the Bills offense.

1. Drive #1 (7 plays, 37 yards): They easily marched down the field to the Jets 26 yard line. Then Dion Dawkins missed a block, resulting in the sack/strip.

2. Drive #3 (9 plays, 35 yards): Another drive into scoring position, until the Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty on Jon Feliciano.

3. Drive #4 (3 plays, 7 yards): This was a really bad series, which also included the INT that was overturned by penalty.

4. Drive #5 (9 plays, 58 yards): Yet another very strong drive, ended by the botched snap on the QB sneak.

5. Drive #6 (5 plays, 30 yards): The offense was starting to move again. Then we have the tipped pass, which was also intercepted.

6. Drive #9 (9 plays, 50 yards): Ended in our first 3 points of the day.

7. Drive #10 (8 plays, 85 yards): Touchdown

8. Drive #11 (8 plays, 80 yards): Touchdown

Bottom line... On a snap-by-snap basis, I felt like the Bills controlled the game on both sides. Defense was outstanding all day. The offense had some really bad bounces and bad luck. They had some really bad mistakes at the wrong time. The narrative is that something "woke the offense up" during the 4th quarter. In reality, I think we just figured out how to finish our drives.

Last edited:
I was driving all day yesterday so I had to just listen on the radio, but based on the way it sounded at least, it sounded like the offense looked pretty promising for most of the game but simply had some flukey bad turnovers after it had moved the ball into scoring position.

I don't think I'll actually get to watch a Bills game until at least week 3 unfortunately, but at least from listening on the radio, it didn't sound like the offense was that much of an issue; it was just a matter of time before they'd finally hold on to the ball and score.

Fantastic breakdown.

Daboll caught some criticism for his playcalling but that was skewed by the flukey turnovers. Lots of good to take away from this game offensively.

My main takeaway is that the offense looks like a slightly better version than what I had been saying all Summer. It's going to be an up and down year because I don't see a great recipe for being able to sustain long drives on a consistent basis without some chunk plays. However Allen's accuracy on the short stuff yesterday did look quite a bit improved for the most part but then he throws one low and behind to Beasley and it turns into a pick and negates most of the positives. The only really fluky turnover to me is the botched snap. The others were fairly normal in game occurrences, he honestly should have had 2 more picks than he did or you at least can't call the tips flukey when he made 2 other horrible mistakes that he threw right into defenders hands. I believe it was Maye who dropped one right in his hands down by the goal line after Allen scrambled out to his right and tried to make a play that had almost no chance of success. They end up with a FG after which ended up being vital. I freak out every time that he's rolling out and throws the damn ball into the field, it's the only thing that makes me scream out loud every time he does it. That should be something that can get drilled into his brain over time but it really needs to end. It ends up a big gainer maybe 10% of the time and picked off significantly more often, just throw the damn thing away.

My main takeaway is that the offense looks like a slightly better version than what I had been saying all Summer. It's going to be an up and down year because I don't see a great recipe for being able to sustain long drives on a consistent basis without some chunk plays. However Allen's accuracy on the short stuff yesterday did look quite a bit improved for the most part but then he throws one low and behind to Beasley and it turns into a pick and negates most of the positives. The only really fluky turnover to me is the botched snap. The others were fairly normal in game occurrences, he honestly should have had 2 more picks than he did or you at least can't call the tips flukey when he made 2 other horrible mistakes that he threw right into defenders hands. I believe it was Maye who dropped one right in his hands down by the goal line after Allen scrambled out to his right and tried to make a play that had almost no chance of success. They end up with a FG after which ended up being vital. I freak out every time that he's rolling out and throws the damn ball into the field, it's the only thing that makes me scream out loud every time he does it. That should be something that can get drilled into his brain over time but it really needs to end. It ends up a big gainer maybe 10% of the time and picked off significantly more often, just throw the damn thing away.
You see a lot of baller QBs with stat lines that include 2 int’s... the problem is they usually put up 24+ in those games and throw for 300 yards.

The offense looks like it has some bite to it this year. Allen looks much better on the short/intermediate stuff and our heavily invested in OL looked to gel as the game went on. Allen had all day in the 4th quarter.

This is a game where his stat line should’ve been more along the lines of 300 yards passing, a couple picks, a couple TD’s and 24+ points. Anyone who watched it could see the offense had the ability if they could just stop shooting themselves in the face.

I’ll take that all day over the shiny toy Bell, trying to do it all for a rag tag OL and a QB who looked like Trent Edwards yesterday.

He has to throw medium or long along the sideline he's rolling to. Without exception.

Also, I think we all can agree... Singletary needs to be on the field more. That guys vision and quick twitch ability is incredible.

Fantastic breakdown.

Daboll caught some criticism for his playcalling but that was skewed by the flukey turnovers. Lots of good to take away from this game offensively.
He's got to get play call in a few seconds quicker because sometimes I think Allen has no awareness of the play clock.

You see a lot of baller QBs with stat lines that include 2 int’s... the problem is they usually put up 24+ in those games and throw for 300 yards.

The offense looks like it has some bite to it this year. Allen looks much better on the short/intermediate stuff and our heavily invested in OL looked to gel as the game went on. Allen had all day in the 4th quarter.

This is a game where his stat line should’ve been more along the lines of 300 yards passing, a couple picks, a couple TD’s and 24+ points. Anyone who watched it could see the offense had the ability if they could just stop shooting themselves in the face.

I’ll take that all day over the shiny toy Bell, trying to do it all for a rag tag OL and a QB who looked like Trent Edwards yesterday.

Team needs that big play WR that I think we thought we had in Foster who has pretty much disappeared this season. If this offense can get a deep threat and develop some of these young TE's this offense could really blossom.

Team needs that big play WR that I think we thought we had in Foster who has pretty much disappeared this season. If this offense can get a deep threat and develop some of these young TE's this offense could really blossom.
Red Zone Duke Williams. RZDW

Yea, I’m not sure what Foster is, could be, isn’t?...

I saw him go in for Brown a few times but it seemed DiMarco was more involved in the passing than Foster.

Yea, I’m not sure what Foster is, could be, isn’t?...

I saw him go in for Brown a few times but it seemed DiMarco was more involved in the passing than Foster.

Ya I mean its a good thing were actually using DiMarco but was hoping for more out of Foster in his second season not less. Love adding Brown and Beasley but its seemed like every pass was to one of them and no one else. With Zay, Mckenzie and Foster on the roster would love to see us get some other guys involved like the Pats do. Allen's continued growth will helpfully get him to expand his options because I am afraid we will end up getting the two B's hurt throwing to them on every passing down.

Ya I mean its a good thing were actually using DiMarco but was hoping for more out of Foster in his second season not less. Love adding Brown and Beasley but its seemed like every pass was to one of them and no one else. With Zay, Mckenzie and Foster on the roster would love to see us get some other guys involved like the Pats do. Allen's continued growth will helpfully get him to expand his options because I am afraid we will end up getting the two B's hurt throwing to them on every passing down.
Don't want Beasley fighting for an extra yard (unless it's for a 1st down). Recipe for a fumble or injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom