Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 162 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

We are 100% the regression candidate for next year. Defensive team, easy schedule, not many injuries, shakey qb. Checks every box.
Not many injuries is interesting. We have actually invested HEAVILY into sports medicine. Our facilities are, perhaps, the best in football. Of course, things happen, and only Harry went down with an ACL. Also lost Waddle and then a couple players for a game here and there.

Well, good thing the division is finally in play.

How do you rank us, going into next year, within the AFCE?

I certainly think we have WC ability. With the division in play, the Pats still need to get slayed, but look “slayable”.

Bills and Jets will be vying for that spot. I like our chances. This offseason is going to be wild.

I’m kind of annoyed at myself at how bothered I am by this loss.

Didnt even watch the Pats game. Won’t watch any of the games today.

I’m not even responding to my Tinder messages.

Friggin wreck over here.

You must be really upset to ignore this

1578258585706.png

Anyone think we may have had a bit of a distorted view of Allen and the Offense, being the first game?

It’s not an excuse, but he made way more plays than most of these QBs in the 1st Round, and btw... our defense is on pace to have given up the second most points in the WC Round.

Anyone think we may have had a bit of a distorted view of Allen and the Offense, being the first game?

It’s not an excuse, but he made way more plays than most of these QBs in the 1st Round, and btw... our defense is on pace to have given up the second most points in the WC Round.

Aside from the Bills game, the winning teams needed 14 (Tennessee), 21 (Minnesota) and 10 (Seattle) points to win. Minnesota held the Saints offense to 20 points, on the road.

Aside from the Bills game, the winning teams needed 14 (Tennessee), 21 (Minnesota) and 10 (Seattle) points to win. Minnesota held the Saints offense to 20 points, on the road.
Yup. I suppose we should be thankful our heavily invested in defense only allowed a 16 point comeback in the second half to a team minus one of their top weapons.

The way WC weekend played out made me more forgiving of Allen, and even more bitter for the respect some Bills fans expect to be paid towards our defense.

Literally took away a chance at a long fg attempt. I keep finding things that drag my emotional state back in. Probably will be the case all week.
Gross.

That was such an unbelievable call in that spot. Especially when we were told intent > rules.

Yup. I suppose we should be thankful our heavily invested in defense only allowed a 16 point comeback in the second half to a team minus one of their top weapons.

The way WC weekend played out made me more forgiving of Allen, and even more bitter for the respect some Bills fans expect to be paid towards our defense.

I suspect that those who tout the defense's performance don't like Allen, whether they are willing to admit the same, or not.

It goes without saying that, aside from the Bills, no defense allowed 19 points in a half during WC weekend (to 16, for that matter, if you want to absolve the defense from liability for the points allowed following the Allen fumble).

Fact is, we played some really horrid offensive teams/QBs this year (Haskins, Brandon Allen, Duck Hodges, Eli (sorry NYG fans), Mariota, etc.), and we won a few games in large part due to missed FGs. The defense didn't look so impressive when we faced teams with a semblance of a passing game.

Last edited:

Literally took away a chance at a long fg attempt. I keep finding things that drag my emotional state back in. Probably will be the case all week.

so the bills, saints and eagles all got boned this weekend in the playoffs. That’s a pretty sad indictment of the nfl.

so the bills, saints and eagles all got boned this weekend in the playoffs. That’s a pretty sad indictment of the nfl.

Yet people still defend the refs. When the rules are clear and concise on a matter (e.g. the opening kickoff of the second half), substitute refs run onto the field after a call is made to overrule the call, based on 'common sense' and the 'intent of the rule'. Wish that same logic had been applied to the blindside block. Or maybe just paying attention to the play clock...that would be nice.

Yet people still defend the refs. When the rules are clear and concise on a matter (e.g. the opening kickoff of the second half), substitute refs run onto the field after a call is made to overrule the call, based on 'common sense' and the 'intent of the rule'. Wish that same logic had been applied to the blindside block. Or maybe just paying attention to the play clock...that would be nice.
I had never heard of substitution refs having any say in anything. When did this happen?

I had never heard of substitution refs having any say in anything. When did this happen?

Wish I knew. I thought that the Houston ST coach was on the field arguing the call, but it was the "common sense" ref crew, apparently.

Can anyone answer Toga's question? Also, what is the protocol for the common sense crew to interject their opinions?

Bills Offense put up the most yards on WC weekend, with 425 yards.

Bills Defense put up the second worst scoring performance of WC Weekend, with 22 points.

Quite interesting how different this game looks in retrospect.

Bills Offense put up the most yards on WC weekend, with 425 yards.

Bills Defense put up the second worst scoring performance of WC Weekend, with 22 points.

Quite interesting how different this game looks in retrospect.

Really should have won that game. Lack of tds in the redzone bite us in the ass as you knew it would.

Really should have won that game. Lack of tds in the redzone bite us in the ass as you knew it would.
I really hate how much the narrative is shaped by win/loss for Josh. Rightfully so, and hopefully it motivates him, but looking back, he played his ass off on a WIP Offense and absorbed a ton of hits.

He threw for 264, ran for 92 and caught freakin TD. He made some incredibly clutch 3rd down throws. His talent (and recklessness) was on full display. If we won.. that narrative takes precedent.

We didn’t win. Therefore Josh is the guy who lost his mind for a few plays late in the game. He also rebounded for a game tying and “could’ve been” game winning drive, but that doesn’t matter with the L.

Last edited:
Recent 22nd overall picks:

2019: Andre Dillard (OT)
2018: Rashaan Evans (LB)
2017: Charles Harris (DE) [note: who?]
2016: Josh Doctson (WR)
2015: Bud Dupree (LB)
2014: Johnny Manziel (QB) ...LOL
2013: Desmond Trufant (CB)
2012: Brandon Weeden (QB)...again, LOL
2011: Anthony Castonzo (OT)
2010: Demaryius Thomas (WR)
2009: Percy Harvin (WR)

Recent 22nd overall picks:

2019: Andre Dillard (OT)
2018: Rashaan Evans (LB)
2017: Charles Harris (DE) [note: who?]
2016: Josh Doctson (WR)
2015: Bud Dupree (LB)
2014: Johnny Manziel (QB) ...LOL
2013: Desmond Trufant (CB)
2012: Brandon Weeden (QB)...again, LOL
2011: Anthony Castonzo (OT)
2010: Demaryius Thomas (WR)
2009: Percy Harvin (WR)
Seems like a potentially good spot where RT and BPA will converge.

Im really not too concerned about what we decide to do with Phillips and Lawson... to me, Ford/Spain is the biggest personnel decision of the offseason. I see both sides of keeping Ford at RT and also kicking him inside.

Gross.

That was such an unbelievable call in that spot. Especially when we were told intent > rules.
I have to avoid the internet. I keep running into these type of articles and I fall back into that hole I was in post game.

if you are going to have replay review then it still comes down to doing that correctly especially in the time coaches cant challenge. the blindside was an awful call. no forceable contact, and used the hands. the fumble call was awful and that was reviewable play and the NO non PI was bad too..

they are going to miss plays live,, you cant miss plays when they get reviewed.. they need to at least record the reviews and show them after so people understand and they can explain those mistakes in that process.

Seems like a potentially good spot where RT and BPA will converge.

Im really not too concerned about what we decide to do with Phillips and Lawson... to me, Ford/Spain is the biggest personnel decision of the offseason. I see both sides of keeping Ford at RT and also kicking him inside.

22 is a great spot to be looking at whichever WR drops. It's the only likely place you are finding 1 big WR that can actually run and catch a football let alone the 2 that you are hoping for. McShay has 8 in the 1st rd in his 1st mock. Kiper has 5 in the top 25 on his big board. The best FA receivers are either old (AJ Green, E.Sanders) or inconsistent (R.Anderson, Funchess) and all have major concerns. We're going to have to take one in the 1st or 2nd if we want to get anyone that could actually be a difference maker. Sign me up for Tee Higgins or Shenault at 22 and I'm happy at the position next year.

I would imagine that they give Ford a 2nd year at RT as most rookies outside the absolute elite struggle a lot on the outside. Even with just the baseline expected growth of going from year 1 to year 2 should help him move from bad to hopefully average or just below. Hoping Knox and Kroft can move TE to a strength from a 10+ year black hole.

Compared to the WRs that are likely available at #22, I would have rather just had DK, but there should still be good choices. Just none that are the physical specimen that DK was (which is fine).

I haven't had a chance to watch all of them yet (and obviously depends on who actually declares), but I like Jalen Reagor and DeVonta Smith a lot so far. Sounds like DeVonta is leaning towards staying at Alabama though and Reagor might end up staying too.

Tough loss but what a great and fun season. I know we have 90 million in cap space but we better start saving up for the contracts that Tre White and Milano will eventually get.

Wonder how much Christian Wade learned from a season on the practice squad.

At the time I didn’t really care because it was obviously going to be a touchback but according to the rules which is apparently what every call is a result of, that was actually a fumble and buffalo touchdown.

Does common sense overturn the time desean Jackson dropped the ball before reaching the goalline? Does common sense overturn the time chris Webber called a timeout with none left?

They are called mental errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom