Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

What would the comp pick be if Gordon walked after the year?
Probably a 3rd.

Basically would get a year of Gordon and a 5th for Yeldon under his trade proposal.

Ship our 3rd our to LA but get back a comp 3rd.

My biggest worry would be chemistry. Dude wants to get PAID, and I don’t see us paying him what he wants. If he’s just a year guy, does he buy in? Maybe we do pay him if he balls out?

I give this trade a 5% chance of happening anyway.

Last edited:
Probably a 3rd.

Basically would get a year of Gordon and a 5th for Yeldon under his trade proposal.

Ship our 3rd our to LA but get back a comp 3rd.

My biggest worry would be chemistry. Dude wants to get PAID, and I don’t see us paying him what he wants. If he’s just a year guy, does he buy in? Maybe we do pay him if he balls out?

I'm cool with that.

What would the comp pick be if Gordon walked after the year?

A 2021 4th probably depending on if he got at least $8m on a new deal from someone. That also means you have to have a net loss in FA in order to secure a comp pick which I'm not sure is likely either. I don't think most fans know how the compensatory system works and just think that it's automatic that you just get a comp pick, its not. You have to lose more UFAs than you bring in to even qualify.

Lewan is not taking this well. He may want to focus on his play on the field, and not on Twitter beefs.

I don't think it was quite as bad as Incognito in his bad days, but I'm pretty sure Lewan had a reputation for being a bit of a hothead coming out of Michigan so I'm not surprised.

A 2021 4th probably depending on if he got at least $8m on a new deal from someone. That also means you have to have a net loss in FA in order to secure a comp pick which I'm not sure is likely either. I don't think most fans know how the compensatory system works and just think that it's automatic that you just get a comp pick, its not. You have to lose more UFAs than you bring in to even qualify.
Certainly could factor in, but I don’t think we’re going to be spending money on a lot of FA’s this offseason.. More along the lines of spending a lot of money on our own players and 2-3 expensive FA’s.

I don't think it was quite as bad as Incognito in his bad days, but I'm pretty sure Lewan had a reputation for being a bit of a hothead coming out of Michigan so I'm not surprised.

IIRC, he was charged with aggravated assault and assault and battery while at UM. JMO, but he looks really dumb going back and forth on Twitter with 2 guys who combined for 4 sacks against his OL, in his first game back from a PED suspension.

Certainly could factor in, but I don’t think we’re going to be spending money on a lot of FA’s this offseason.. More along the lines of spending a lot of money on our own players and 2-3 expensive FA’s.
2-3 expensive FA plus keeping guys should be about what is needed to put em over the top. In addition of course to the draft.

With $80m in cap space, they better be looking at bringing in a few potential difference makers. I'd be fine going all in on one of the big edge rusher guys if any of them make it to FA.

Here's the list. Not really too much avail at this point to go high-end shopping and list will only get worse. Would love to sign Tretter as he's a local kid but not sure he has as much value at guard as he does at center, so that might not be a possibility. Best bet nowadays is trading for guys and extending them. That's how all the edge rushers moved around this year.

With $80m in cap space, they better be looking at bringing in a few potential difference makers. I'd be fine going all in on one of the big edge rusher guys if any of them make it to FA.

Here's the list. Not really too much avail at this point to go high-end shopping and list will only get worse. Would love to sign Tretter as he's a local kid but not sure he has as much value at guard as he does at center, so that might not be a possibility. Best bet nowadays is trading for guys and extending them. That's how all the edge rushers moved around this year.

Pretty slim pickings, most of the top FA are old QB's who aren't going anywhere besides retirement and a few players heading toward or already in the twilight of their careers. Green, Harris and Clowney are the cream I guess, maybe Griffin to if he's actually available. Can't believe Jason Peters is still around, jesus.

It's waaay early but Beane is sitting on extra 5th and 6th round picks to throw into the mix to move up to grab a DE or as part of a trade and extend.

Pretty slim pickings, most of the top FA are old QB's who aren't going anywhere besides retirement and a few players heading toward or already in the twilight of their careers. Green, Harris and Clowney are the cream I guess, maybe Griffin to if he's actually available. Can't believe Jason Peters is still around, jesus.

My wish list would start with Clowney at what would probably end up being like $21m/year, then guys like Tretter, DeVante Parker, Sam Martin.

Some high end young guys that will probably get extended for a crap ton of money and never reach FA are way down the list like Shaq Thompson, Arik Armstead, Byron Jones, Chris Jones, Hunter Henry, Derrick Henry, A'Shawn Robinson, Yannick Ngakoue, James Bradberry, Austin Hooper.

I would not want to trade for Gordon at all. Get Singletary back and they should be fine for this season. Gore with some TJ mixed in on passing downs would be fine with me.

I would not want to trade for Gordon at all. Get Singletary back and they should be fine for this season. Gore with some TJ mixed in on passing downs would be fine with me.
With Singletary in hand, you can find a RB for your system in the middle rounds at little cost.

With Singletary in hand, you can find a RB for your system in the middle rounds at little cost.
Gore/Singletary is definitely a nice duo and then we should pick another RB in the 3/4 rounds.

Yeldon is also much better than anyone seems to give him credit for. The fumble against Cinci was bad, but for an RB3, he seems to be doing a decent job.

I was initially intrigued by Gordon but I just don’t think it makes sense for us. This year (culture) or long term ($$$).

So Feliciano said the Allen run to end it was an improv. The run was a power run right to Gore and Allen just booted out of that himself when he saw the defense.
Well done Grasshopper.

And most important we have all of our 1st and 2nd round picks in both drafts. Team is in a real good place if Allen can become the long term answer at qb.

And most important we have all of our 1st and 2nd round picks in both drafts. Team is in a real good place if Allen can become the long term answer at qb.

That answer more or less means everything. If he can even get to be average than the ceiling for the team can reach contender status. If he stays about what he is now then you can't really expect to be better than 10-6 and needing to win a playoff game on the road. I'd possibly be willing to kill someone if he could ever top out at Matt Stafford like. Just become somewhere around the 8-10th best QB in the league, get the most out of your supporting cast and win the games that you can win.

That answer more or less means everything. If he can even get to be average than the ceiling for the team can reach contender status. If he stays about what he is now then you can't really expect to be better than 10-6 and needing to win a playoff game on the road. I'd possibly be willing to kill someone if he could ever top out at Matt Stafford like. Just become somewhere around the 8-10th best QB in the league, get the most out of your supporting cast and win the games that you can win.
He’s not far off...

He needs to cut down on the turnovers. One per game is fine, as it’s just going to happen with how he plays.

We also need the big play offense back. Connect on one big pass play per game.

Add better decision making and a big play per game and his “per game” stat line reads as 60%+ completion percentage, 280 yards passing, 20 yards rushing, 2.5 TD’s and 1 TO per game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom