Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

I honestly thought he was a phenomenal teammate and great locker room guy. Even guys like Eric Wood, who understands the move, tweeted about that this morning.

I am definitely feeling some type of way about Shady being cut. He’s synonymous with ending the drought and fighting through injury to play in the playoff game. That said, I am excited to see what Singletary can do as a feature back. He’s looked like a serious weapon.

It has to simply be a player eval move, no? We already have a ton of cap space, what’s a few mil more... who are we spending that on this year?
My bet would be they aren't planning to spend it at all this year-- likely a rollover to next year. Agree with you that he was a good teammate who helped break the streak and deserves huge credit for that. But I admittedly can't disconnect the off-field stuff from my personal view of him. Ultimately to your point I think this was on an field evaluation through the lens of return. For whatever reason, the Bills determined Shady was not worth the significant cost at the RB position.

I think the Shady move was inevitable, sucks to do it now though. Really surprised about Duke William's, dont get that at all.

I think the Shady move was inevitable, sucks to do it now though. Really surprised about Duke William's, dont get that at all.
They’re definitely hoping they can get Duke to the PS.

Some positions are easier to stash than others. It seems WR is one, as you’re bringing in a guy who’s probably on the bottom of your 53 depth chart and would have no chemistry with the QB.

Per the Bills beat writers, the Bills are interested in bringing Lacey, Duke Williams and Ray Ray back to the PS if they clear waivers.

I also read that the Bills are interested in bringing Munnerlyn back to the 53 after Week 1 - his salary would have been fully guaranteed if he would have been on the roster for Week 1

Clowney price was lower than we expected but mainly because he controlled his destination. I have to think everything they are planning is to maximize the ceiling in 2021. Going to have Oliver, Ford and Singletary in year 3 of rookie deals, Allen and Edmunds in year 4 and White potentially on 5th year option. That will be the year to make all in moves before Allen hopefully has earned a $35m/year deal.

Perry was waived with an injury settlement.

So the RBs are currently Gore, Yeldon, Singletary, DiMarco...and Wade

Perry was waived with an injury settlement.

So the RBs are currently Gore, Yeldon, Singletary, DiMarco...and Wade

There are still some cuts to go but surprised we didnt keep Murphy

McCoy just signed a one year deal with Andy Reid's squad.

Duke to PS. From what I've read on Twitter, it sounds like the Bills are not interested in bringing Tyree Jackson back to the PS.

Ray Ray, Lacey and Ryan Lewis signed to other teams' 53-man rosters.

Duke to PS. From what I've read on Twitter, it sounds like the Bills are not interested in bringing Tyree Jackson back to the PS.

Waiting for the axe to drop in Punter Watch 19

I honestly thought he was a phenomenal teammate and great locker room guy. Even guys like Eric Wood, who understands the move, tweeted about that this morning.

I am definitely feeling some type of way about Shady being cut. He’s synonymous with ending the drought and fighting through injury to play in the playoff game. That said, I am excited to see what Singletary can do as a feature back. He’s looked like a serious weapon.

I'll admit he was a better teammate with more good years left than I expected at the time of the trade. So no ill feelings or anything but still glad he is gone. Even in his prime things were fine when Karlos Williams or Gillislie or Murphy (basically anyone but Tolbert) had to play. You know, the usual RB stuff. If Singletary is an actual weapon, even better.

Man, Allen better be good. I don't see many excuses this yr for him & I like most of the other stuff McBeane has done here other than Lotulelei.

Nice

Can't believe both Duke and Yarbrough passed waivers and made it to the practice squad.

I was hoping to see Duke back up in Edmonton. Best of luck to him, hope he gets a chance to play

duke.jpg

But hey - thanks for the 6th round pick.

But hey - thanks for the 6th round pick.
It’s absolutely wild that we started a rookie QB last year with guys like Ducasse, Bodine and Mills protecting him.

It’s absolutely wild that we started a rookie QB last year with guys like Ducasse, Bodine and Mills protecting him.

Peterman was supposed to take the brunt of that but that didn't last too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom