Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

LOL, how did they play one of the best teams in football close when every unit ranged from mediocre to horrible?

The Ravens didn't really seem all that impressive to me, especially after Andrews went out. They have a bunch of JAGs at WR, aside from Brown, who clearly shies away from contact.

If the Bills OL had a clue how to protect against the Ravens blitzes, the game ends differently, IMO. But, the OL didn't, and we lost.

No, they weren’t. They were solid, not special good.

Josh Allen has been great against the blitz post Pats. Today was just an epic disaster on all fronts.
You are way to hard on your D.
Lamar Jackson has been insane your D contained him.
Your offense killed field position which is how Baltimore was comfortable.

If your team replaces Josh Allen with Ryan Fitzpatrick I bet you win today.

Offensive Line - F

Josh Allen - F

RB/WR/TE - C (All units had crucial drops)

Defense - C (Contained the run game, surprisingly gave up big pass plays)

Special Teams - C (Haushmoney back? Bojorquez his typical erratic self. Zero return game)

Coaching/Daboll - N/A (So many awful performances that it’s next to impossible to look good calling plays)
Little harsh on the defense but the point I really agree with--hard to be tough on Daboll given the drops etc.

You are way to hard on your D.
Lamar Jackson has been insane your D contained him.
Your offense killed field position which is how Baltimore was comfortable.

If your team replaces Josh Allen with Ryan Fitzpatrick I bet you win today.

Fitzpatrick probably turns it over more than once. The drops (4, I think) were killer - just can't make those mistakes repeatedly if you want to win.

Would really love to see another replay of the play on which BAL was called for illegal touching (2Q, I think). The one angle I saw made it look like the ball came out of Jackson's hands before his arm came forward.

Fitzpatrick probably turns it over more than once. The drops (4, I think) were killer - just can't make those mistakes repeatedly if you want to win.

Probably true, but he probably also hits on a couple of those deep balls for TDs. Allen definitely left points on the board today (granted some of those drops were inexcusable killers).

Are these announcers even watching the game? His arm was hit
The Ravens didn't really seem all that impressive to me, especially after Andrews went out. They have a bunch of JAGs at WR, aside from Brown, who clearly shies away from contact.

If the Bills OL had a clue how to protect against the Ravens blitzes, the game ends differently, IMO. But, the OL didn't, and we lost.

Fouts was brutal. CBS needs a better #2 guy. Production sucks too.

Ya that's about what I thought the Ravens were. Good win for them though, didn't think they'd actually hold on to the 1seed.

In retrospect Dallas getting carved up by Trubisky shoulda been a concern.

Think some of the usual qb excuses have some merit in this game though. Can a wr please make one tough catch ever. And more running please.

Less obvious stuff that didn't end up hurting - brutal clock management both halves. Why take time out before a 47yd FG w 30secs left. And you need to snap the ball at 2:10 on 4th down so the game isn't over if you don't get a PI.
Not a real damaging L but disappointing we can't beat a good team at home.

Probably true, but he probably also hits on a couple of those deep balls for TDs. Allen definitely left points on the board today (granted some of those drops were inexcusable killers).

The wind was bizarre. Nobody hit anything down field, aside from the blown coverage on the Hurst TD and the Knox catch (one-handed, while being interfered with...go figure). Regardless, there were plays to be made, and the Bills didn't make them. Still don't understand why we didn't run a single jet sweep.

Ya that's about what I thought the Ravens were. Good win for them though, didn't think they'd actually hold on to the 1seed.

Think some of the usual qb excuses have some merit in this game though. Can a wr please make one tough catch ever. And more running please.

Less obvious stuff that didn't end up hurting - brutal clock management both halves. Why take time out before a 47yd FG w 30secs left. And you need to snap the ball at 2:10 on 4th down so the game isn't over if you don't get a PI.

Fouts was mute-worthy. Just terrible. Dan, not every QB has Wes Chandler, John Jefferson and Kellen Winslow to throw to, and Chuck Muncie to hand the ball to.

Here's what I don't get: SF killed BAL with zone runs. We rarely ran any zone run plays - the one that sticks out was the long run by Singletary. Why not more? Why not a jet sweep or two, to make Baltimore defend the edges?

clock management was an issue, and will continue to be an issue, IMO.

I was losing my mind when they didn't snap the ball before the 2 minute warning. Pretty much agree with everything else too.

tough game. Winds were swirling, Josh didn’t play well today but was hit almost every time he passed it. O line was horrible, plenty of drops. Just have to beat Pittsburgh but honestly 10-6 probably gets them into the playoffs.

I've seen enough to say if the Bills bring their B+ game - even the best teams I would put into the definitely winnable category.

Offensive Line - F

Josh Allen - F

RB/WR/TE - C (All units had crucial drops)

Defense - C (Contained the run game, surprisingly gave up big pass plays)

Special Teams - C (Haushmoney back? Bojorquez his typical erratic self. Zero return game)

Coaching/Daboll - N/A (So many awful performances that it’s next to impossible to look good calling plays)

I think this is mostly fair but I disagree about the defense. They had a bad blown coverage in the early 2nd half but they gave up 257 yards against the #1 offense in the NFL. The offense let them down today

People are too harsh on Josh. Second year qb still learning the game. Oline still needs a ton of work as well and we need better receivers. Next year the fgs become tds and hopefully we see a truly dominant team.

the best thing for the bills would be to get in and not have to play Ravens until the finals. or figure out how to get Allen to complete a deep pass to wide open guys once a month

Bills need a RB and a WR and then probably another small tweak the oline.

I think yesterday it became pretty obvious that although O-line play has been mostly sufficient this year, it still needs a good amount of work to get to the next level. It would also be helpful to get a TE that can actually catch the ball.

the kid RB is fine as a every 2-3 series guy and 3rd down dude.. But you need a guy who can drive he pile and Gore is done. But that doesnt mean sell out in the draft for a RB either.

the kid RB is fine as a every 2-3 series guy and 3rd down dude.. But you need a guy who can drive he pile and Gore is done. But that doesnt mean sell out in the draft for a RB either.

Gonna have to disagree with your assessment on Singletary. He's a high-motor guy who, while smaller in stature, absolutely has the ability to drive the pile. As a rookie, he has 642 yards rushing on 5.6 yards per carry, with another 190 yards receiving. While we definitely need more depth at RB, Singletary is more than an "every 2-3 series" guy.

if you play him the 20+ carries a game he wont be in the game in a few yrs. look at Barkley even higher end talent and getting worn out with the Giants

if you play him the 20+ carries a game he wont be in the game in a few yrs. look at Barkley even higher end talent and getting worn out with the Giants

In a combined 35 games for Barkley (25) and Singletary (10), they have a total of six games with 20+ carries. Barkley with 4 and Singletary with 2. Barkley doesn't have a single game this season with 20+ carries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom