Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

CBS 3 round mock draft had Bills picking Boise State DE Curtis Weaver in the 2nd and Florida State RB Cam Akers in the 3rd. I only saw Weaver vs Wyoming but he was pretty impressive in that game and Akers seemed to do well vs the Orange.

CBS 3 round mock draft had Bills picking Boise State DE Curtis Weaver in the 2nd and Florida State RB Cam Akers in the 3rd. I only saw Weaver vs Wyoming but he was pretty impressive in that game and Akers seemed to do well vs the Orange.
I'd be real good with Weaver. If he's not there then one of the top 3-4 RBs that may be available. I also think Beane will package some mid round picks to move up for someone he likes. Edge rusher, RB and a combo safety/CB should about do it.

I'd sign up for that right now. Think Akers is real good and was just stuck behind that horrible FSU line that even we abused.

I think PFF is very high on Weaver if I remember right.

As did many opposing RBs this past season ;)

Leonard Fournette anyone?

Leonard Fournette anyone?

I think it could be justified assuming it costs a 4th or 5th, but I don't really care one way or another. In all likelihood, the play would be to trade a 4th or 5th for him, use him for a year, and hope to get a 5th or 6th round compensatory pick for him the next year.

Biggest positions of need? Young athletic pass rushing D end, another RB? Bolster the O Line? Another corner? WR? No glaring weaknesses other than an aging D end spot

Biggest positions of need? Young athletic pass rushing D end, another RB? Bolster the O Line? Another corner? WR? No glaring weaknesses other than an aging D end spot

Nothing thats overly glaring to be honest which is a good thing. I love Diggs but if we still had our 1st round pick I think this would have been a fascinating draft to see what Beane did in the 1st and second round and if he tried to trade up or move back etc. Still we have the rest of the draft plus an extra 6th. With all the potential depth in this draft there is room I think for Buffalo to trade back in the 2nd or 3rd and pick up some extra picks including another 4th this year or a 4th next year to replace the one we lost in the Diggs trade.

Assuming we stand pat with our 2nd round pick I expect the Bills will go BPA unless its a QB or a position we clearly don't need. At this point the biggest needs would appear to be RB and DE. To me if one of the bigger name RB's is there with our first pick the pick makes a ton of sense. Shores up the RB spot which is really the one spot that we know another player is desperately needed. Although I think if a WR the team loves is there still in RD 2 you have to grab him. LB and CB aren't desperate areas of need but LB doesn't have a ton of quality of depth and a young CB or Safety isn't the worst idea in the world as Gaines and our friend from Washington aren't exactly in the primes of their careers. OL could use a Tackle but I think they can grab a project type guy in the sixth versus spending another early pick.

I know Beane loves to trade up but I would be a bit weary of doing so in this draft. We already don't have our 1st and three other picks from the Diggs trade including our 4th next year. Id rather see us trade down in the 2nd grab an extra pick or two unless again someone they love is sitting there.

Ignoring positional value, I would say the biggest immediate needs are (not necessarily in order, but something close):
  • Punter
  • Big Nickel
  • RB2
  • WR4
  • LB
  • Kicker
  • DE
I'm guessing our first pick will be a DB or a lineman (leaning towards O-Line but could go either way). And I'm guessing we pick up a WR at some point and pick up a RB on Day 3.

Ignoring positional value, I would say the biggest immediate needs are (not necessarily in order, but something close):
  • Punter
  • Big Nickel
  • RB2
  • WR4
  • LB
  • Kicker
  • DE
I'm guessing our first pick will be a DB or a lineman (leaning towards O-Line but could go either way). And I'm guessing we pick up a WR at some point and pick up a RB on Day 3.

If he doesn't get picked, I wouldn't mind if we made a call to Sterling Hofrichter and tried to snag him as a free agent. Agree with your other needs too.

• Punter
  • Big Nickel
  • RB2
  • WR4
  • LB
  • Kicker
  • DE

Yeah the big nickel I have seen mentioned. I think they take a DE and a RB with the first two, the DE spot is OLD. Then again, are they thinking we can put a quality product out on D and draft to help the O in all aspects. Interesting

Yeah the big nickel I have seen mentioned. I think they take a DE and a RB with the first two, the DE spot is OLD. Then again, are they thinking we can put a quality product out on D and draft to help the O in all aspects. Interesting

I'm really curious to see what we ultimately do. RB and DE both make sense, but I'm not sure the DE prospects in this draft are really worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd round and while the RBs definitely are worthy choices, we just spent a 3rd on Singletary who did a great job last season. Not sure I see them investing a higher pick in a potential backup RB after hitting on Singletary.

I know Beane loves to trade up but I would be a bit weary of doing so in this draft. We already don't have our 1st and three other picks from the Diggs trade including our 4th next year. Id rather see us trade down in the 2nd grab an extra pick or two unless again someone they love is sitting there.

All that extra OL depth is going to replenish that next year 4th like we did this year with Teller/Bodine.

If I’m Beane, I want to come out of this draft with 5 selections.

I personally don’t see 7 picks making this roster, and I’m sure Beane doesn’t either.

With two picks scheduled in Rounds 2/3, and 5 more picks in rounds 4-7, I think we see, at least, one trade-up.

If it were up to me, I’d try to jump back into the 3rd to double dip in that round, then draft a punter and someone who has high upside but maybe injuries and/or their situation have hurt their draft stock come Day 3.

If I’m Beane, I want to come out of this draft with 5 selections.

I personally don’t see 7 picks making this roster, and I’m sure Beane doesn’t either.

With two picks scheduled in Rounds 2/3, and 5 more picks in rounds 4-7, I think we see, at least, one trade-up.

If it were up to me, I’d try to jump back into the 3rd to double dip in that round, then draft a punter and someone who has high upside but maybe injuries and/or their situation have hurt their draft stock come Day 3.

I think this is probably Beane's intention as well. I personally prefer quantity when it comes to the draft but I fully expect him to trade up at some point on Day 2 or early Day 3 and I probably won't be too mad about it (as long as he takes someone that I think is a decent prospect haha).

I would never draft a kicker or punter though. Just don't think there's any need to use a draft pick on one of them. We can easily find an upgrade over Bojo as an UDFA or free agent.

I think this is probably Beane's intention as well. I personally prefer quantity when it comes to the draft but I fully expect him to trade up at some point on Day 2 or early Day 3 and I probably won't be too mad about it (as long as he takes someone that I think is a decent prospect haha).

I would never draft a kicker or punter though. Just don't think there's any need to use a draft pick on one of them. We can easily find an upgrade over Bojo as an UDFA or free agent.
I’ve seen enough shanked Bojo punts giving teams 20-30 yards to be entirely ok with drafting a stud punter. In fact, I actually want us to. That’s how traumatized I am from this past season.

I’ve seen enough shanked Bojo punts giving teams 20-30 yards to be entirely ok with drafting a stud punter. In fact, I actually want us to. That’s how traumatized I am from this past season.

Punter has to be one of the late round picks, HAS to be.

I don't follow drafts too closely but I assume we are targetting an edge rusher early?

I don't follow drafts too closely but I assume we are targetting an edge rusher early?
I don’t think anyone knows which way we’re going.

At 54, EDGE, WR, RB, OT and CB/S could all be in play.

If a guy like Trevon Diggs falls, he’s a perfect scheme fit opposite Tre’.

Terrell Lewis, is he’s still around, could be EDGE guy.

There will likely be stud RBs available at 54. Also some legit talent at WR.

A Safety like Dugger or Chinn is a possibility.

I don’t know much about OL at 54.