Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Yes we definitely still don't have 50 mill + in cap space left at this point.

Key UFAs after next year
Feliciano
Neskhe
Dawkins
Milano

Other UFAs are Murphy and Norman but I can't see them being brought back unless they really play well.

Key UFAs after next year
Feliciano
Neskhe
Dawkins
Milano

Other UFAs are Murphy and Norman but I can't see them being brought back unless they really play well.

Yes I doubt Murphy and Norman are back, maybe Norman if things go really well but thats probably a stretch. Dawkins and Milano are clearly the main 2, Buffalo almost never uses the franchise tag but you wonder if they would if we can't reach a deal with one of the two. Murphy and Starr should both be gone next year freeing up some big money, Buffalo is projected to be at 90 mill in cap space again next year. Obviously Tre is a big concern as well, gonna cost a lot to get him and Milano done not to mention Micah Hydes deal is up after next season so we may want to extend him to if financially feasible.

Love that they are filling what we thought were need areas in FA so that they can stick to BPA throughout the draft. Obviously would still like to bring in a young WR and DL somewhere in there but there is no glaring need for this year anymore.

Love that they are filling what we thought were need areas in FA so that they can stick to BPA throughout the draft. Obviously would still like to bring in a young WR and DL somewhere in there but there is no glaring need for this year anymore.

Seems like RB remains pretty much the only hole left that we should probably address in some way prior to the draft. Could maybe argue for a LB but McBeane clearly like Klein.

Seems like RB remains pretty much the only hole left that we should probably address in some way prior to the draft. Could maybe argue for a LB but McBeane clearly like Klein.
I'm waiting on Lamar Miller or Carlos Hyde on a 1 year $3m type deal. Then cut Yeldon and could still take a flier in rd 3 or 4 if the value is there.

Carolina north in full effect. Wonder if Williams is brought in to be RG, RT or 6th man.

Carolina north in full effect. Wonder if Williams is brought in to be RG, RT or 6th man.

He was 2nd team All Pro as a RT in 2017. I'm guessing they'll place him there and move Ford to RG, keep Nsekhe as the Swing Tackle.

Edit: Joe B thinks he's actually more suited to play guard nowadays.

Last edited:
I would guess he’s here to kinda fill in wherever he might be needed. Has experience starting everywhere except C at this point. I don’t think he’s a starter on Day 1 though. Maybe he moves into the lineup if Ford continues to struggle at tackle but I think he’s probably a depth signing.

He was 2nd team All Pro as a RT in 2017. I'm guessing they'll place him there and move Ford to RG, keep Nsekhe as the Swing Tackle.

Edit: Joe B thinks he's actually more suited to play guard nowadays.
Yeah, his PFF grades last year were horrific.

I would guess he’s here to kinda fill in wherever he might be needed. Has experience starting everywhere except C at this point. I don’t think he’s a starter on Day 1 though. Maybe he moves into the lineup if Ford continues to struggle at tackle but I think he’s probably a depth signing.
Guess we'll see when we see the contract numbers. I'm thinking he might take Ty's spot but in a more versatile way. $3.2m in cap savings if we let him go.

I like the Gaines signing for the 3 or 4 games he'll be healthy.

$7m. Yikes. That seems like they are planning on him starting somewhere. Unless it's a 4 man battle between Williams, Ford, Feliciano, Spain for 3 starting spots.

Levi Wallace gave out his phone number on social media to anyone who wants to pray or just talk.

According to numerous posters on TSW, he’s been talking to, calling and texting people back.

My goodness, I love this team so much.

So with the Draft coming up soon, what’s a prediction from everyone?

Mine is that we will end up with 3 picks in Rounds 2 & 3. With our two picks in the sixth round as ammo, along with the depth on this team, I don’t see us standing pat and taking 7 guys.

I'm hoping for an edge rusher at #54, and WR/RB with our next 2 picks. From there, depth CB, OL and DL.

I'm hoping for an edge rusher at #54, and WR/RB with our next 2 picks. From there, depth CB, OL and DL.
I’ll admit, I have no idea where Beane/McDermott are going to go in this draft. Aside from RB, which is a likely given, they “could” take an EDGE high, “could” take a CB high, “could” take a WR high, “could” take a S or a RT...

None of those are necessarily needs, except RB, but that’s six positions we’ve been linked to in one way or another, specifically with our first two picks.

I’ll admit, I have no idea where Beane/McDermott are going to go in this draft. Aside from RB, which is a likely given, they “could” take an EDGE high, “could” take a CB high, “could” take a WR high, “could” take a S or a RT...

None of those are necessarily needs, except RB, but that’s six positions we’ve been linked to in one way or another, specifically with our first two picks.
It’s a good place to be- lots of opportunities to build depth with players on their first contract. It’s cliche to say they’ll go “best available”- gotta imagine that is the case here.

Agree that those are the positions that I wouldn't mind shoring up, but Beane has really set it up well to take the best player available. I might have issues with a particular player but I'm not going to have any issues with any positions they pick.

My concern with the edge guys we have now is age. Aside from Johnson - who's still raw, but has potential - our pass rushers are on the wrong side of 30. So, it's not a 'need' for this year, but could be next year. But yeah, I could just as easily see us drafting a CB, OT, WR or Dugger/Chinn at 54. Nice problem to have, for once...

Given the recent trend of devaluing RBs, I'm thinking that unless a guy like Swift or Taylor drops to 54, we wait until rd 3/4 to go RB. But as you said, I think we will take an RB at some point.

This draft is going to be interesting;

Beane be like

1587229023936.gif

So with the Draft coming up soon, what’s a prediction from everyone?

Mine is that we will end up with 3 picks in Rounds 2 & 3. With our two picks in the sixth round as ammo, along with the depth on this team, I don’t see us standing pat and taking 7 guys.
We will for sure trade up at some point in the draft. Not sure when exactly but it’ll happen.

My guess at the moment is that our first pick will be a DB. My guess would be a safety. And I’m hoping we’ll take a RB and WR at some point