Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Let's get things started. Najee Harris at #30 in both Kiper and McShay's new mocks this week. Discuss.

Bad.
I'm usually 100% against RBs in rd 1 but at 30 I'm open to it. Obviously would rather lock in a player at a premium position on a 4+1 rookie deal but by 30 they are all picked over and you're looking at the 3rd tier guys at those positions. Feel like the value swings the other way somewhere around pick 24 and becomes safer to take a tier 1 player at a less valuable position like LB/OG/RB/S at 30.

It's still not clear to me whether the terrible run game was a product of poor RBs, poor scheme, poor o-line or some combo of the three. My hope is the Bills spend some time this offseason trying to answer that question and adjust accordingly.

Personally I think the RBs are generally okay. Although after that drop I don't think I'll ever trust Singletary again... he's had more than that one drop, but that one literally changed the game. My initial thought is that the o-line is the bigger problem... we have good tackles but our interior line is no bueno in run blocking. Ford coming back *should* help but they invested a TON of money into Morse and I don't think that signing has worked out from a running game perspective. Allen had all day to throw most of the regular season, but that time disappeared in the playoffs.

I'd love to see Harris or that Clemson kid. But I think there is more bang for the buck w/ a o-line pick.

While I'm at it, other team needs: TE, DE, 2 LBs (assuming Milano is out), 1 DB, start thinking about Poyer/Hyde's replacements in a couple of seasons.

I'm usually 100% against RBs in rd 1 but at 30 I'm open to it. Obviously would rather lock in a player at a premium position on a 4+1 rookie deal but by 30 they are all picked over and you're looking at the 3rd tier guys at those positions. Feel like the value swings the other way somewhere around pick 24 and becomes safer to take a tier 1 player at a less valuable position like LB/OG/RB/S at 30.

I get it. I just think Moss is likely to be a good enough all-around back that an upgrade isn't really needed and I just don't really want to bother spending another premium pick on a RB for the 3rd year in a row. If McBeane still aren't happy with the RB room, I'd rather just go out and sign a cheap vet that can contribute (probably particularly in the passing game because Singletary is pretty much purely a runner and Moss is a solid all-around guy).

I think at least right now, I'm in the boat of wanting to either take Kadarius Toney at 30, or if he isn't available, try to trade down into the earlyish 2nd round and pick up an extra pick or two in the process.

I don't know too much about this year's prospects outside of the skill positions yet, but it sounds like there might be some LB options worth considering at 30 as well if we let Milano go, though I know Fairburn from The Athletic was speculating that the Bills might give Milano the tag.

It's still not clear to me whether the terrible run game was a product of poor RBs, poor scheme, poor o-line or some combo of the three. My hope is the Bills spend some time this offseason trying to answer that question and adjust accordingly.

Personally I think the RBs are generally okay. Although after that drop I don't think I'll ever trust Singletary again... he's had more than that one drop, but that one literally changed the game. My initial thought is that the o-line is the bigger problem... we have good tackles but our interior line is no bueno in run blocking. Ford coming back *should* help but they invested a TON of money into Morse and I don't think that signing has worked out from a running game perspective. Allen had all day to throw most of the regular season, but that time disappeared in the playoffs.

I'd love to see Harris or that Clemson kid. But I think there is more bang for the buck w/ a o-line pick.

While I'm at it, other team needs: TE, DE, 2 LBs (assuming Milano is out), 1 DB, start thinking about Poyer/Hyde's replacements in a couple of seasons.
I would add DT to that list and probably also one more WR pick (doesn't need to be an early one but I wouldn't be mad if it was either).

I get it. I just think Moss is likely to be a good enough all-around back that an upgrade isn't really needed and I just don't really want to bother spending another premium pick on a RB for the 3rd year in a row. If McBeane still aren't happy with the RB room, I'd rather just go out and sign a cheap vet that can contribute (probably particularly in the passing game because Singletary is pretty much purely a runner and Moss is a solid all-around guy).

I think at least right now, I'm in the boat of wanting to either take Kadarius Toney at 30, or if he isn't available, try to trade down into the earlyish 2nd round and pick up an extra pick or two in the process.

I don't know too much about this year's prospects outside of the skill positions yet, but it sounds like there might be some LB options worth considering at 30 as well if we let Milano go, though I know Fairburn from The Athletic was speculating that the Bills might give Milano the tag.
A tag to Milano is a non-starter isn't it because the LB tag is inclusive of the edge guys making a zillion dollars?

I think the running game struggles were mostly due to run blocking. Most of the O-line guys are great in pass protection but struggle to get push when run blocking. I'd like to see them sign Williams and invest a two picks in the O-line, and then maybe add a speed RB late in the draft or FA.

If they were to take a RB early in the draft I would want Etienne over Harris

We are finally in a position to draft the BPA. Im going to trust Beane on this. If the BPA is Harris then snatch him up. With the exception of QB and even WR I don't care who they pick.

It would be around $14-15 million
Wish they would fix that so that inside and outside guys were treated separately. Would drop down to 11ish and actually be workable.

Wish they would fix that so that inside and outside guys were treated separately. Would drop down to 11ish and actually be workable.
On the flipside, if we ever get an edge rusher worth tagging, it helps us there lol

My H0T Takes for the day...
- Milano is more valuable the Edmunds right now and bills d will suffer a lot if he walks
- Edmunds ends up on the Pats next year where Belicheat turns him into a hof’er
- Feliciano stays a Bill... Morse gets restructured or cut
- I think bills go oline w first pick

My H0T Takes for the day...
- Milano is more valuable the Edmunds right now and bills d will suffer a lot if he walks
- Edmunds ends up on the Pats next year where Belicheat turns him into a hof’er
- Feliciano stays a Bill... Morse gets restructured or cut
- I think bills go oline w first pick

2nd one is extremely HOT! Extremely!!

Milano and Edmunds are both Good not great players, All that said, I believe Edmunds will be a long time Bill. Milano I am not so sure.

I don't see Milano back. He's a good player but he falls in the Jordan Phillips/Shaq Lawson category. Would rather see the Bills invest in DE/CB than LB.

I don't see Milano back. He's a good player but he falls in the Jordan Phillips/Shaq Lawson category. Would rather see the Bills invest in DE/CB than LB.

He's a much much better player than those two were, but I agree it probably doesn't make financial sense to bring him back since he'll likely be one of the highest paid LBs in the league once he hits the open market. I agree I'd rather go get DLine or secondary help. Milano is going to be tough to replace though.

He's a much much better player than those two were, but I agree it probably doesn't make financial sense to bring him back since he'll likely be one of the highest paid LBs in the league once he hits the open market. I agree I'd rather go get DLine or secondary help. Milano is going to be tough to replace though.
We already can’t guard a tight end... letting our best coverage lb is only going to make that worse. We aren’t beating KC unless we can contain Kelce. Of course you could easily argue that it’s not like Milano did any better.

The D was a disaster and only got better once Milano got back.

We already can’t guard a tight end... letting our best coverage lb is only going to make that worse. We aren’t beating KC unless we can contain Kelce. Of course you could easily argue that it’s not like Milano did any better.

The D was a disaster and only got better once Milano got back.
I'm not entirely sure what the correct answer is, but I know the Bills will almost certainly make Edmunds one of the highest paid LBs in the league and with everyone else that they plan to sign as well, they probably can't afford to do the same with Milano. We might be able to do the franchise tag and take it year-by-year with Milano until we REALLY need the money, but something's gotta give from a cap perspective.

And everyone talks about how good Milano, Edmunds, and Taron Johnson are in coverage and yet the Bills were killed by tight ends all year and eventually lost in the playoffs largely because of it. I don't know if they're all good and it's just a scheme issue, if they aren't as good as people think, or if it's both a scheme and a personnel issue.

Personally, I think Milano is comfortably better than Edmunds right now. In a perfect world, you keep Milano and try to upgrade Edmunds and Johnson, but I think Beane has a ton of faith in Edmunds to improve so I expect him to ultimately choose Edmunds over Milano.

For sure, but I think with better defensive line play and better coverage in the secondary, it can help lift the overall play of the linebackers. I've never coached but I gotta imagine it's easier to be instinctive and aggressive when your line is getting pressure and you can trust the guys behind you.

I think Feliciano slides to C, Morse is released, Ford plays at one G spot, and either trade for a draft another G.

Diggs and Bar Bill are recruiting Watt...

I'm good with letting Milano go. There is going to be A LOT of vets getting purged because of the cap going down. Just need to wait and guys are going to be looking for jobs. Likely will have a chance to get a guy that's 90% as good as Milano at 50% of the cost or 80% at 25%. That may bring the floor/ceiling of the defense down but also may end up as good or better depending on where that 50-75% savings is allocated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom