Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Do the Bills have cap space? I ask because I was reading the Pats are giving JC Jackson a first round tender.
Teams at the end of the first round would be the only teams who could want him.
I don’t think the Bills need a CB but just wondering on your cap.

Do the Bills have cap space? I ask because I was reading the Pats are giving JC Jackson a first round tender.

Depends how many players the Bills restructure/cut. They currently have like $3 mil in cap space but they can probably get up around $30 mil or so without doing anything painful. I'd be shocked if they pay top dollar + a 1st round pick for a corner though.

Yeah that's not happening. Already invested in Tre White and will have a tough time resigning guys and plugging holes from possible FA exits.

New Kiper mock out today:

30. Buffalo Bills

Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

This pick could depend on whether free-agent right tackle Daryl Williams returns and whether the Bills think former second-round pick Cody Ford could kick out to tackle. If they view him as a guard, tackle becomes an hole to fill. Jenkins played on both the left and right sides at Oklahoma State. I could see Buffalo targeting a cornerback if a guy the organization likes makes it to No. 30, and I think running back should be an option as well. This is a team that is close to being a Super Bowl contender.

Have no idea at all about this dude but the thinking makes sense based on if Williams is re-signed or not.

*I still can't get used to that last sentence.

“This is a team that is close to being a Super Bowl Contender”

is this from Kiper’s 2020 or 2021 mock?

Watt to Arizona on a 2 year 31 mill contract with 23 mill guaranteed. What an insane contract, thanks god we didn't get caught up in that.

Watt to Arizona on a 2 year 31 mill contract with 23 mill guaranteed. What an insane contract, thanks god we didn't get caught up in that.
I think it's a totally reasonable contract actually. Worse contracts will certainly be handed out this offseason, and we might be one of the teams that do it.

I think it's a totally reasonable contract actually. Worse contracts will certainly be handed out this offseason, and we might be one of the teams that do it.

I gotta disagree, 23 mill guaranteed to a guy whose played 1 full season the last half decade + and for a team with salary cap restraints, no thanks.

I gotta disagree, 23 mill guaranteed to a guy whose played 1 full season the last half decade + and for a team with salary cap restraints, no thanks.
Ultimately it all depends on how highly you think of him as a player. I think he's still a top 10-15 defensive lineman in the league. Would much rather give him that contract than giving a guy like Judon or Ngakoue 5/$75+ million which seems to be in the cards this offseason (maybe not for us but for somebody).

Ultimately it all depends on how highly you think of him as a player. I think he's still a top 10-15 defensive lineman in the league. Would much rather give him that contract than giving a guy like Judon or Ngakoue 5/$75+ million which seems to be in the cards this offseason (maybe not for us but for somebody).

I would hope Buffalo is smart enough not to give out a contact like that to Ngakoue who was horrible this year. Judon is good but not that kind of money good. I like Watt but at this point in his career unless you have a ton of cap space its hard to justify giving him 2 years with 23 mill guaranteed when he's been hurt as much as he has.

There's a handful of DEs still available, good to not overpay one so early

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom