Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Lol, sounds like some serious salt. Cares about his stats, sure, but nobody can reasonably argue that he hurt them more than he helped. At his peak he was literally one of the best defensive players of all-time.
Yeah I am not buying that quote either. Anything that is “heard” from the Texans organization right now should be taken with a boulder-size grain of salt, they are a hot dumpster fire. And I say that as someone who wasn’t crazy about the idea of signing Watt...

Micah Hyde 2 year extension just announced.
Happy he's sticking around but not sure how well this is going to age and shocked that it didn't create any more cap space this offseason.

When will a final decision be made with respect to the rumored 17th game?

Feliciano will most likely stay to play Guard now. RT probably the only question mark now
I'd think so. He really seems to want to be back. Will give them 3 options at guard with Ike and Ford. Also allows Ford to be a swing tackle in the case that whoever is brought in at RT or Dawkins were to go down. I'm pretty content to sit back and relax and wait for all of the bloodshed that is coming among veterans in the next couple weeks and then let that top tier get their money and go bargain shopping for a quality RT. That's the one spot where I do not want to dick around with a rookie. Fine with it at CB/LB or plugging other holes but 1 bad piece on the OL can sabotage the offense.

Bills officially not using their tags on anyone (namely, Milano).

Forgive my FA ignorance, what does that mean? What are the implications?
No implications, just means we're letting all of our free agents hit the open market (assuming we don't sign any of them before it starts). We could have locked Milano up for like 1 year at $14ish million if we wanted to.

Butler restructure as well. Still waiting for the numbers. Imagine it was somewhere between $1.5-2m reduction. He had a cash figure of $6.8m with cap of $7.8. Imagine those numbers were taken down to around 5 and 6.

Brown and Jefferson released.

Makes sense. Really curious to see how free agency shakes out. I expect that we'll bring in a vet TE; I'm personally hoping for Brate/OJ Howard assuming Tampa moves on from one of them. Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith make sense if Beane is interested in spending a lot of money on a TE but we'll see.

If we were to make a splash at WR, I think Curtis Samuel and Emmanuel Sanders are the most likely options. I think we probably bring in a cheap vet and also maybe consider drafting another WR instead.

Makes sense. Really curious to see how free agency shakes out. I expect that we'll bring in a vet TE; I'm personally hoping for Brate/OJ Howard assuming Tampa moves on from one of them. Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith make sense if Beane is interested in spending a lot of money on a TE but we'll see.

If we were to make a splash at WR, I think Curtis Samuel and Emmanuel Sanders are the most likely options. I think we probably bring in a cheap vet and also maybe consider drafting another WR instead.
Thinking they feel they have something in Isaiah Hodgins and will look to other needs.

Thinking they feel they have something in Isaiah Hodgins and will look to other needs.

It's possible but he doesn't exactly fill either Brown or McKenzie's role. He is a depth option but I'm sure they want to replace Brown/McKenzie's speed and versatility in some way.

Joe B. mock offseason article up on The Athletic. I would be quite happy with it.

200.gif

Genuinely surprised by this, but based on the gap between the guaranteed and total contract amount, it seems like this is probably one of those deals that's really a 1-2 year deal with a team option for the longer-term years and the average per year is good so hard to be mad about this. He's one of our best players at the moment.

Looks like it'll end up 3/$30. Should be 7ish year 1 then 10 then 12. I did not have much interest in paying him but perfectly content with this deal and structure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom