Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

So we have the tie break over NE? I thought they had it ?

Edit
Oh .. it’s division record not conference record for division rivals who are tied and split .. but what if it’s a three way or more tie with another team not in the division ?

The division is decided first, which would be head to head, unless somehow the Bills, Pats and Dolphins end up tied. Then the wild card spots are decided after that.

Woohoo! The whole offense was great. Allen/Diggs/McKenzie/OL.
At least those douche scumbag fans won't have to watch them lose another home game this year.

despite the crap weather .. a similar fate would have befallen New England the 1st time we played if the Bills spread em out and let Allen cook .. instead of rushing on first and second down 2/3 of the time till the 4th quarter

This team should not ever go conservative .

despite the crap weather .. a similar fate would have befallen New England the 1st time we played if the Bills spread em out and let Allen cook .. instead of rushing on first and second down 2/3 of the time till the 4th quarter

This team should not ever go conservative .

McDermott being aggressive was a terrific outcome out of today. Put the ball in Josh's hands in big situations and let him make plays. Even if they don't get it, the defense is still good enough even without Tre

McDermott being aggressive was a terrific outcome out of today. Put the ball in Josh's hands in big situations and let him make plays. Even if they don't get it, the defense is still good enough even without Tre
It not only plays to their strengths … they don’t really have a choice .. maybe getting down big to T Bay was the best thing that could have happened

Still wasn’t thrilled with the defense today. Gave up 21 points and forced one (true) turnover, but every red zone drive resulted in a TD and their 4th down conversion success was absurd. Also, giving up 21 points against a running team trying to shorten the game from jump is meh, fine.

I’ll just have to accept that unless this defense just balls out (like the KC game), I’ll always be frustrated given the investment on that side of the ball at the moment… much of which has been dead weight.

That being said, this was a much improved performance from what we saw against the other two run-centric teams we’ve faced in Tennessee and Indy. One that killed us with PA/threat of the run and the other with the actual run.

If they can give us this type of performance in the Playoffs against either of those teams and/or NE, we’re likely winning those games.

Nevermind that we left a ton of points on the board in a 33-21 victory with two TD’s taken off the board with drops - one of those TD’s taken off the board again with Darryl Williams just going for a casual stroll upfield for no reason whatsoever.

Still wasn’t thrilled with the defense today. Gave up 21 points and forced one (true) turnover, but every red zone drive resulted in a TD and their 4th down conversion success was absurd. Also, giving up 21 points against a running team trying to shorten the game from jump is meh, fine.

I’ll just have to accept that unless this defense just balls out (like the KC game), I’ll always be frustrated given the investment on that side of the ball at the moment… much of which has been dead weight.

That being said, this was a much improved performance from what we saw against the other two run-centric teams we’ve faced in Tennessee and Indy. One that killed us with PA/threat of the run and the other with the actual run.

If they can give us this type of performance in the Playoffs against either of those teams and/or NE, we’re likely winning those games.

Nevermind that we left a ton of points on the board in a 33-21 victory with two TD’s taken off the board with drops - one of those TD’s taken off the board again with Darryl Williams just going for a casual stroll upfield for no reason whatsoever.
I don’t know .. modern day NFL .. hard to consistently stop any competent offense unless you just have such dominant pass rushers they don’t even allow the throws to be made.

I’ll tell you one thing … If i were a DC , I’d never let a mediocre type QB ever have a clean look at a receiver in the middle of the field .. id rather have them complete a pass outside

Patriots had no answers when we got a lead.

Our offense needs to get off to good starts against good teams, particularly the good running teams.

Two things I’ve been disappointed with the most about the D is the lack of improvement on the DL, and Edmunds constant overpursuit. Hopefully one of those three top draft picks takes a big step before next year. But right now, I don’t see any of them being big-time impact like we need.

Edmunds will be back, but he is way out of position on a lot of plays, and takes on blocks head on way too often when he can maneuver around to at least try to make a tackle. I don’t know what is going on with him, but his play has regressed the last 4-5 weeks.

KC is looking much, much better. I am worried about them, and Indy is legit. But I think if we play them again, I think/hope it’s a different ballgame.

Patriots had no answers when we got a lead.

Our offense needs to get off to good starts against good teams, particularly the good running teams.

Two things I’ve been disappointed with the most about the D is the lack of improvement on the DL, and Edmunds constant overpursuit. Hopefully one of those three top draft picks takes a big step before next year. But right now, I don’t see any of them being big-time impact like we need.

Edmunds will be back, but he is way out of position on a lot of plays, and takes on blocks head on way too often when he can maneuver around to at least try to make a tackle. I don’t know what is going on with him, but his play has regressed the last 4-5 weeks.

KC is looking much, much better. I am worried about them, and Indy is legit. But I think if we play them again, I think/hope it’s a different ballgame.

Pass rushers typically take a couple years unless you’re drafting a Bosa.

Oweh and Paye were drafted around Rousseau, and seem to be having similar seasons. Some plays here and there, kinda quiet after hot starts.

Next year, however, we’re going to need Rousseau, Basham and Epenesa to grow up. Would be nice to get something from them this year but we’ll see.

The offense definitely won this game. Biggest difference vs those other games defensively is we got the lead yesterday.
I thought Williams was just blocking his guy maybe 2yards past Los? Insanely ticky tac and I think an obvious result of Bill B. lobbying. Also the D holding on Johnson was Lol. Whatever at least we didn't get jobbed on 90% of calls much to the shock of me and every NE fan on twitter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom