Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Looks like it'll end up 3/$30. Should be 7ish year 1 then 10 then 12. I did not have much interest in paying him but perfectly content with this deal and structure.
4 and $44. Don't know the specifics. Had thought the common wisdom was like $14 per year average.

4 and $44. Don't know the specifics. Had thought the common wisdom was like $14 per year average.
The numbers are out and the signing bonus is 7m with 5.3 base year 1. He's never getting to year 4 on the deal so you can just chop that off.

The numbers are out and the signing bonus is 7m with 5.3 base year 1. He's never getting to year 4 on the deal so you can just chop that off.
I love it if it's what you say it is

A little surprised we re-signed Milano as it appeared he was going to hit free agency. Still this allows Buffalo to not have to worry about drafting a LB early and keeps our bet LB in the fold for the next few seasons at minimum. Will be fascinating to see what if any moves we try to make in FA.

Well the Colts dont have too great of a pass rush and have a ton of cap space. Would be weary if Ballard lets someone of value get away.
My understanding is Autry would not be the pass rusher we're looking for, more of just a versatile lineman that can help set the edge or kick inside depending on what we need but he can rush the passer some. Just wouldn't be looked at as the answer to our pass rush issues.

My understanding is Autry would not be the pass rusher we're looking for, more of just a versatile lineman that can help set the edge or kick inside depending on what we need but he can rush the passer some. Just wouldn't be looked at as the answer to our pass rush issues.

Yeah he would prolly be a Jefferson replacement

Starting to poke around at what an Allen extension would look like now that the 5th year option number came in at $23m for him. Blessing and a curse that he made the pro bowl, Darnold and Mayfield option number is $18m. No one cares about $5m with the giant leap he took. So they have him locked up for next 2 years at $30m. Can move that out to 4 years at around $90-95m with 2 tags factored in. I imagine that they keep the 2/30 and tack on a 4/160-165ish extension on it and call it a 6/190 deal. He gets to call it the 2nd biggest contract of all time and we shouldn't see a $40m cap hit until at least 2024 when it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Mentioned Ossai to a couple friends of mine yesterday when I saw a Jon Ledyard tweet talking about how he's all physical tools and effort right now. That's the kinda thing McBeane love to target in the draft; sounds like the interest might really be there too.

Gotta shore up the OLine before we can spend a 1st round pick on a guy that probably projects as a situational pass-rusher in the short term, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's ultimately one of our top targets at #30 (assuming we don't move down which we very well could).

Wow, already locked up the two players that were most expected to be moving on this offseason.

Feliciano?
Ordinarily I'd assume that just due to the cap dip and process of elimination, Feliciano is headed elsewhere, but we probably were saying that about Williams and Milano too so who knows at this point lol. I'm not too worried about OG; there's a lot of options out there now with all the cuts people are making. Some solid guard will be available for pennies on the dollar.

Ordinarily I'd assume that just due to the cap dip and process of elimination, Feliciano is headed elsewhere, but we probably were saying that about Williams and Milano too so who knows at this point lol. I'm not too worried about OG; there's a lot of options out there now with all the cuts people are making. Some solid guard will be available for pennies on the dollar.
Trai Turner about to be Daryl Williams 2.0 with a 1 year redemption deal?

I think he’s headed elsewhere. I like what he brings to the table but his tag might be too pricey for us right now.

Ya apparently he posted something on twitter about his family be deserving ( I assume a payday) I don't think he will back.

I don't think they'll have trouble replacing Feliciano, lot of guards are heading to free agency

Not in love with keeping Addison and Butler, even at reduced contracts - but I am in love with everything else Beane has done so far this offseason.

Milano, at a fair market value contract - Can’t complain there.

Williams getting locked up is fantastic. Really didn’t think we’d be able to get that done.

Cutting John Brown was the right move. Older, speed WR who is coming off an injury plagued season... I expect we’ll get younger and cheaper with his replacement.

Cutting Jefferson, also a smart move. I wanted to take a machete to this DL, but I guess I’ll settle for this.

I don’t see why we should even approach Feliciano with a competitive contract offer. We need to improve the run game. That doesn’t happen by only getting a healthy Cody Ford back. They should look to improve Feliciano’s spot as well. He’s solid - not bad, not great, with positional flexibility to play C, which increases his value. I just think he’s the weak link on a good OL that needs to up their run blocking ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom