Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Knew that fumbled snap before half would haunt us. So hard being a Miami fan

what ever happen to the HI-SPEED lake ontario ferries ? do they still run ?

The Titans are going to be such an annoying thorn in our side all year if we’re trying to get this 1 seed.

What a frustrating game, picked it up in the 2nd half but they're fortunate Miami stinks.

Thought Oliver had a fantastic game and was one of the few bright spots, though wish he got the fumble at the end

I'll get slayed for this, but this year's team hasn't been fun to watch (at least for me) so far.

I'll gladly take boring, sloppy wins over exciting losses, but the way that the team has played so far this year doesn't scream "legitimate Lombardi contender".

Few thoughts:

1. baffled that we're so bad in 3rd & 4th and 1 downs. Moss got stuffed on 1 today, and on another, only a vintage Josh Allen effort bailed us out.
2. Feliciano was so bad today that Devito's dad was complaining about him.
3. Tied to #2 above, the IOL was brutal
4. I'd be happy if Singletary got <5 touches per week. Seems that every time he gets a touch on 1st down, we're in a 2nd and long situation.
5. On the 4th down conversion to Gesicki, the Miami RT popped Addison or Hughes' helmet off with a shot to the facemark/chin. How was this not called?
6. I fear that this crap schedule we have may ultimately be our undoing. We are not at all battle tested.

I'm not really here for the Daboll bitching. This is what coasting w/ an easy schedule stretch looks like imo. No need for the A grade stuff; when needed to score we did. As long as we get out healthy I'm good.
I do think the OL concerns are valid. Not great. Why trading up is bad vol 8,001: Ford, Cody.

All of our problems on offense stem from the two Guard positions. When Daryl Williams kicks inside, make that one Guard position.

However, when Williams kicks inside, Brown is at RT. Rookie with a lot of talent, but still a rookie.

Feliciano and Boettger are backup level players and Ford has apparently become unplayable.

Also, Morse is a pass pro Center who struggles in run blocking.

Add all of that together and we have an OL that struggles in short yardage, and when they give up pressure, it’s typically through the interior of the line.

If we could run with a RB in short yardage and Allen had more time to scan the intermediate to deep routes, with these WR’s, our Offense would be unstoppable.

We’re not a dink/dunk offense, but we’re going to have to be in some games, at least for a period of time, and pick our shots - instead of Allen going through a built in deep read on almost every play.

OL’s can get better with continuity, but these guys have known each other for a while and the same issues are the same issues. If we don’t make a trade, have to hope Brown continues to improve with experience and Dion gets back to his usual ability pre-covid hospitalization. Those are the two spots I can see definitely improving as the season goes on.

1635735898508.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom