Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

The GW TD wasn't Edmunds fault, but he's been underwhelming for a few weeks now. I'm fine letting him walk and investing in the Offense. Especially if they find a 1T to replace Star
At this point I'm not entirely sure he's better than Klein.

I am not a big blame the refs guy but the no call on the 3rd down play to Diggs in the end zone at the end of regulation was straight up criminal. Just a horrendous no call. As bad as it gets

I think Edmunds is not an instinctual player and has very little football sense

Ironically, I saw him making many, many more plays in THIS game than I ever have...like big tackles on Gronk and Fournette

Maybe he's had a talking to?

I think Edmunds is not an instinctual player and has very little football sense

He reminds me of Poz. Piles up tackles but most of them are 8 yards downfield. 5 TFL in some 700 snaps or so on the season seems pretty underwhelming to me for a guy who I assume expects to be paid like a top ILB.

The GW TD wasn't Edmunds fault, but he's been underwhelming for a few weeks now. I'm fine letting him walk and investing in the Offense. Especially if they find a 1T to replace Star
Unfortunately short of a trade, we can't move on from Edmunds for another year since we guaranteed his contract for next season as one of the highest paid LBs in the league. Would be really nice to have that $13 mil to spend elsewhere.

Allen dropped back to pass over 60 times yesterday (54 pass attempts, plus sacks, plus scrambles), with not a single illegal contact, defensive hold or defensive pass interference call.

Pretty crazy, if you think about it.
I am irritated... again.

Allen dropped back to pass over 60 times yesterday (54 pass attempts, plus sacks, plus scrambles), with not a single illegal contact, defensive hold or defensive pass interference call.

Pretty crazy, if you think about it.

It's not crazy when it's deliberate

FGfA_O8VgAIlEKM

It's not crazy when it's deliberate
Could still argue it's incredible they didn't even give the token meaningless 5yarder on a 1st down or something to make it look legit. Didn't even bother with that.

It's really about time somebody go on a Ralph Wilson rant on Tagliabue circa 1998. It's been that bad this year. What are we going to get screwed more? Remember the one time Brady didn't get a call in Carolina on Mon night after he underthrow a ball by 6yards in the endzone and he threw his little hissy fit and all the consequences since, oh that's right there were none.

Woke up today still angry over the ending of that game.

It was so egregious that you have to wonder if it’s more than incompetence.

We threw the ball 50+ times and no penalties on their db’s.. yet every fan, commentator and player watching the game was able to pick out 3 of them with absolute ease, in real time.

What level would that be? A Super Bowl and a super bowl win? Very few coaches get to that point.

McDermott has gone to the playoffs 3 of 4 years. He broke the playoff drought and he was the head coach that took the Bills to AFC championship for the first time in over 25 years. People need to pump the breaks a bit on the criticism of McDermott, IMO. He is not perfect but he's been damn good, in fact better than that since he got to Buffalo. If he and Bean are in lockstep on the roster construction than sure I can see some criticism for this past off season. However, he has done a great job getting Buffalo to a consistent playoff contender and this season has really sucked but they still have a very solid shot to make the playoffs.

It's no secret that defenses have made serious adjustments this year to what made them so successful on offense last year. They have work to do but it can get a lot worse
Had to revisit this post today.

McDermott has been consistently bad this year. His in-game decision making is not quite Babers level but it is not good.

Yes, the Bills have constructed a very good team. And the Bills play hard for him for the most part. But I'm not sure that Allen isn't masking a lot of issues McDermott has - similar to Dungey & Babers.

The decision to punt on 4th & 3 was terrible. His decision to kick a FG vs. go for it on 4th & Goal against Brady is questionable. The fake punt was atrocious.

McDermott has been consistently bad this year. His in-game decision making is not quite Babers level but it is not good.

Yes, the Bills have constructed a very good team. And the Bills play hard for him for the most part. But I'm not sure that Allen isn't masking a lot of issues McDermott has - similar to Dungey & Babers.

The decision to punt on 4th & 3 was terrible. His decision to kick a FG vs. go for it on 4th & Goal against Brady is questionable. The fake punt was atrocious.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I had no issue with any of the calls that McDermott made. I don't love the result of some of them but that's sports. ref does his job on 3rd down in the end zone and they probably win.

Don't love some of the roster building but he has built a strong culture and finally brought a franchise QB to Buffalo. He's done a damn good job and will be in Buffalo a long time

Woke up today still angry over the ending of that game.

It was so egregious that you have to wonder if it’s more than incompetence.

We threw the ball 50+ times and no penalties on their db’s.. yet every fan, commentator and player watching the game was able to pick out 3 of them with absolute ease, in real time.

It's the same story as the games against the Brady Patriots. Seemed to me as though every penalty on the Bucs yesterday was offset by a penalty on the Bills. That used to happen all the time against the Pats as well. Either that or penalties would be way out of whack all game and then the Pats would have flags thrown on them once the game got out of hand to make it seem as though it was more even.

This team is likely a sub 500 team with a non-elite QB.

That should tell you how I feel about the Dungey/Babers comparison.

The roster construction and development of this team has been downright pathetic. Now, most of that is on Beane - who will get a long leash given his Allen pick - but he and McDermott are a tandem and this team was built by both of them.

They potentially have a ton of money coming off the books this off-season from their decisions that are hurting us this year. The fanbase likely won’t be as forgiving if they mess up another off-season.

The PI penalty called on the Bears last night on Devante Adams' out-route, when compared/contrasted with what transpired in the Bills game...just shows the league has different rules for different teams...

Like how some teams' DBs "have to get their heads around" while others' are playing "Great defense" even though they didn't and no flag.

Like how Gilmore had plenty of PI here on the Bills, but goes to Patriots and suddenly doesn't. (I forgot they coach better there).

The PI penalty called on the Bears last night on Devante Adams' out-route, when compared/contrasted with what transpired in the Bills game...just shows the league has different rules for different teams...

Like how some teams' DBs "have to get their heads around" while others' are playing "Great defense" even though they didn't and no flag.

Like how Gilmore had plenty of PI here on the Bills, but goes to Patriots and suddenly doesn't. (I forgot they coach better there).
It wouldn't be as tilting if it was terrible with consistent home cooking like in CBB. We don't even get those calls at home. That negated Trey White int vs Pittsburgh, Adios. It's so old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom