Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Explain…
You think the OL is good? RBs? DL? CB depth behind White? The production of the DL, relative to the investment therein, is laughable.

Every week, it seems that at least one Day 2 draft pick is a healthy inactive. These guys should, at a minimum, be valuable game day contributors

The decision to sign Haaaack cost the Bills a game.

I’m curious to see how McKenzie does assuming Sanders isn’t available. But I assume they’ll lean on Diggs/Knox/Davis
Hopefully, no throws to Tommy Sweeney. Another position we need an upgrade at. The guy we waived - Hollister - was traded for Dan Arnold earlier this year.

I’d much rather have Arnold or Hollister than Sweeney.

Hopefully, no throws to Tommy Sweeney. Another position we need an upgrade at. The guy we waived - Hollister - was traded for Dan Arnold earlier this year.

I’d much rather have Arnold than Sweeney.

Yeah not sure why they didn’t take a run at Arnold, Allen is so good at PA and having two viable TEs can help both the passing game and the running game

You think the OL is good? RBs? DL? CB depth behind White? The production of the DL, relative to the investment therein, is laughable.

Every week, it seems that at least one Day 2 draft pick is a healthy inactive. These guys should, at a minimum, be valuable game day contributors

The decision to sign Haaaack cost the Bills a game.
Oh, I thought you saying he cut someone based on vax status.

Roster is certainly far from perfect. Ppl expect perfection everywhere on a roster but it’s just not possible.

Inferior Oline will get a make over in the off-season but fact of the matter is we’ve had less than a handful of games playing our true best 5 all at once.

I think our CB depth is just fine. People want big names but the production from guys like Wallace, Jackson, Cam Lewis is just fine.

It would be nice to get a stud RB but you’re gonna have to use a premium asset to get one. Then ppl would bitch if Beane did that.

Wish DL would get more sacks. The players we’ve invested premium assets in are all super young. Roster building takes patience.

Yeah Haack sucks but so did Bojo. Bojo cost us the Pats game in 2019 on a blocked punt he should have checked out of.

Bojo also shanked a punt late that almost cost them the game this past weekend.

The TE room is just another self inflicted wound though. Sweeney looks absolutely unplayable and it didn’t need to be Knox and then drive off a cliff behind him.

They kept Sweeney over Hollister for blocking. Nothing more, nothing less. Looking back they probably should have kept 3 TE’s and cut one of the Defensive linemen.

Ya no good answers to that unfortunately. Have to hope whoever Beasley was around either is A. Vaxed or B. Doesn't catch it. Gonna be an interesting 48 hours, Pats have an issue as well. Game could end up being moved.
You know I hadn’t considered the last point. We probably will know in the next 2-3 days, especially if more players on both sides have issues. Crazy times we live in.

I deal with some of this at my job and that doesn’t carry anywhere near the scrutiny of an NFL team, the sheer planning of unit training, social distancing, staff/coaches etc- truthfully wonder whether they have considered going into full on isolation for the rest of the week. Big ask of everyone but probably the safest route to go.

Really hope we get two teams at near full strength and find a way to knock off the Pats, easily the biggest game of the year, with how much this has been a struggle a shot at the AFC East title would be sweet….

Game could be moved but I doubt it. It’s starting to look like Russian Roulette, with every team losing a bunch of players at a time. Just have to spin the cylinder and hope it doesn’t hit certain players, at certain times.

Game could be moved but I doubt it. It’s starting to look like Russian Roulette, with every team losing a bunch of players at a time. Just have to spin the cylinder and hope it doesn’t hit certain players, at certain times.

Yeah I think moving the game is pointless. The Browns game got moved and they were able to get one player back. The Seahawks got zero players back. What was the point?

Yeah I think moving the game is pointless. The Browns game got moved and they were able to get one player back. The Seahawks got zero players back. What was the point?

Plus it’s basically whack a mole.. get a guy back, someone else tests positive.

Oh, I thought you saying he cut someone based on vax status.

Roster is certainly far from perfect. Ppl expect perfection everywhere on a roster but it’s just not possible.

Inferior Oline will get a make over in the off-season but fact of the matter is we’ve had less than a handful of games playing our true best 5 all at once.

I think our CB depth is just fine. People want big names but the production from guys like Wallace, Jackson, Cam Lewis is just fine.

It would be nice to get a stud RB but you’re gonna have to use a premium asset to get one. Then ppl would bitch if Beane did that.

Wish DL would get more sacks. The players we’ve invested premium assets in are all super young. Roster building takes patience.

Yeah Haack sucks but so did Bojo. Bojo cost us the Pats game in 2019 on a blocked punt he should have checked out of.
Beane did say earlier this year that players' vax status would be a factor in personnel decisions, but then he got his hands slapped by the NFL.

Nobody is expecting perfection.

The OL wasn't particularly good last year, and aside from drafting what was thought to be a project in the 3rd round, nothing was done to improve it. It's impacted every facet of the offense, in a negative way.

I'm not sure what production we're getting from Cam Lewis. Wallace and Dane Jackson are meh. I feel every week that Jackson is going to get smoked on a double move.

Don't need to spend a premium pick to snag a solid RB. Fournette was picked up for nothing. Ekeler was UDFA, Robinson was a late round draft pick. Pollard was a mid-rounder. What do you consider to be a "premium pick"?

Regarding DL, are the young guys getting better? Oliver is, but Epenesa? When is the last time that Rousseau (who looks solid but not like a quick twitch or "bendy" DE) had a sack? Basham looks like a JAG (boy, Creed Humphrey would have been nice). The free agent signings at DE have sucked as well.

It wasn't either/or with Bojo and Haack. There were plenty of punters available. Bojo sucks as well.

I’m fine giving Rousseau and Basham time before I start complaining. Epenesa is very frustrating to see such little production out of a 2nd year 2nd Rounder. That being said, non-elite DE’s typically take a year or two to start making an impact.

We aren’t likely to be in position to take a Bosa anytime soon.

I’d re-sign Levi Wallace, as long as he doesn’t have high contract demands. I think he and Dane were good finds and good fits on our defense.

Finally they seem to have come around to the idea of a “feature back”. Singletary isn’t amazing, but he’s above average and the best we’ve got.

OL will likely be addressed heavily this off-season. That being said, it is true that our starting 5 has barely played together. I’d settle for a starting 4 with some consistency and we can continue to play “guess that LG” until Feliciano is ever healthy enough to play.

Beane did say earlier this year that players' vax status would be a factor in personnel decisions, but then he got his hands slapped by the NFL.

The OL wasn't particularly good last year, and aside from drafting what was thought to be a project in the 3rd round, nothing was done to improve it. It's impacted every facet of the offense, in a negative way.

I'm not sure what production we're getting from Cam Lewis. Wallace and Dane Jackson are meh. I feel every week that Jackson is going to get smoked on a double move.

Don't need to spend a premium pick to snag a solid RB. Fournette was picked up for nothing. Ekeler was UDFA, Robinson was a late round draft pick. Pollard was a mid-rounder. What do you consider to be a "premium pick"?

Regarding DL, are the young guys getting better? Oliver is, but Epenesa? When is the last time that Rousseau (who looks solid but not like a quick twitch or "bendy" DE) had a sack? Basham looks like a JAG (boy, Creed Humphrey would have been nice). The free agent signings at DE have sucked as well.

It wasn't either/or with Bojo and Haack. There were plenty of punters available. Bojo sucks as well.
Beane got slapped and rightfully so - he built the best roster he could based on merit - as he is paid to do.

You can’t get everything all at once - they looked into some FA DL options, they looked into some FA CB options.

The O-line they drafted one of our current best 5 when not many expected they’d go OL there. And drafted another right after that. We need a bigger, more physical center - must be addressed in the off-season. It will be the one main thing I will be hyper-focused on.

And you’re proving my point with talking up Big Ed. The same complaints about Groot, Boogie, Epenesa were all said about Ed too.

These particular position concerns are not being ignored - be patient - the Pegulas, McDermott, and Beane are not going to shoot themselves in the foot with out-of-whack moves that will jeopardize the future. They believe in bringing in their guys, coaching up their guys, resigning their guys.

Beane got slapped and rightfully so - he built the best roster he could based on merit - as he is paid to do.

You can’t get everything all at once - they looked into some FA DL options, they looked into some FA CB options.

The O-line they drafted one of our current best 5 when not many expected they’d go OL there. And drafted another right after that. We need a bigger, more physical center - must be addressed in the off-season. It will be the one main thing I will be hyper-focused on.

And you’re proving my point with talking up Big Ed. The same complaints about Groot, Boogie, Epenesa were all said about Ed too.

These particular position concerns are not being ignored - be patient - the Pegulas, McDermott, and Beane are not going to shoot themselves in the foot with out-of-whack moves that will jeopardize the future. They believe in bringing in their guys, coaching up their guys, resigning their guys.

They aren’t without criticism though.

The lack of a competent #2 TE was glaring in the absurd Jax loss where Knox was out. Don’t need a stud, freakin Lee Smith would suffice. Sweeney is tragic.

The OL was a huge miss. Fans were clamoring for IOL in the 2nd Round.. specifically Creed Humphrey and we went luxury/future pick in Basham.

They’ve hit on a lot of under the radar/mid-late picks in Taron Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Matt Milano, Dane Jackson, Spencer Brown, Levi Wallace, Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde, but the DL money pit is such a bad look…and they know it. McDermott specifically calling them out last week and you saw Basham, Rousseau and Obada with heavy snap counts.

They aren’t without criticism though.

The lack of a competent #2 TE was glaring in the absurd Jax loss where Knox was out. Don’t need a stud, freakin Lee Smith would suffice. Sweeney is tragic.

The OL was a huge miss. Fans were clamoring for IOL in the 2nd Round.. specifically Creed Humphrey and we went luxury/future pick in Basham.

They’ve hit on a lot of under the radar/mid-late picks in Taron Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Matt Milano, Dane Jackson, Spencer Brown, Levi Wallace, Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde, but the DL money pit is such a bad look…and they know it. McDermott specifically calling them out last week and you saw Basham, Rousseau and Obada with heavy snap counts.
Every owner, GM, coach can be criticized for roster building because you can’t build a perfect roster. It’s not possible. I think we’re all on the same page where the weaknesses are on the roster and which Jimmies and Joes need to step up and become better players.

You can’t plug a FA who’s an experienced starter AND reasonably priced into every roster hole. Some holes you have to draft and be patient while they develop.

I still say this is a potential Super Bowl roster if we could ever get our best 5 on the OL out there for some of these big games.

Every owner, GM, coach can be criticized for roster building because you can’t build a perfect roster. It’s not possible. I think we’re all on the same page where the weaknesses are on the roster and which Jimmies and Joes need to step up and become better players.

You can’t plug a FA who’s an experienced starter AND reasonably priced into every roster hole. Some holes you have to draft and be patient while they develop.

I still say this is a potential Super Bowl roster if we could ever get our best 5 on the OL out there for some of these big games.

I agree.. we’re as good as anybody in the wide open AFC.

The only reason I’m so hard on them with the OL is that every fan was screaming to address the interior after last season. It was such a blatant need and we have an elite young QB to protect.

Lol

Good lord does that article have a lot of errors. My favorite might be that the Bills "might" start struggling to draft well and the Pats have "nailed" the last two drafts. They have? Bellichek hasn't hit on a WR in the draft in 15 years and they nailed the two TE's they took 2 years ago so well they had to pay a fortune for Henry and Jonnu (whose done nothing) last offseason. Also glad to know that the Bills haven't hit on any LBs or CBs the last two drafts forgetting for a minute they drafted only 2 CBs both late round picks one of whom is starting and the other was signed off their practice squad.

The author also fails to note the Bills just extended both Hyde and Poyer. I hope that article wasn't meant to be serious because man that was bad.

Haack reportedly is considered elite in holding for FGs. Which is nice.

Renderings

The shot with the city in the background looks cool. Wonder how much the overhangs would help with keeping noise in?

Do Bills fans want a Dome, or prefer open air? Seems like whenever the Bills have been good, they’ve had the type of offense that would thrive in a Dome? They never really seem to have your typical smash mouth “cold weather” offense, at least when they’re good.

Last edited:
Poyer not in the pro bowl? I must know nothing about football then.

Guy is legitimately in my top 10 favorite Bills of all time.

Smart, tough, plays the run, plays the pass, works like a dog, a leader — a true gladiator in every regard.

The lack of respect is disgraceful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom