Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

I don’t think the weather was bad at all. Not particularly cold and little to no wind. It just didn’t look like the Dolphins were enjoying the snow, that’s all

Last edited:
My only take on the weather:
Ian Rappaport clarifying the "misconstrued heaters in LA" story.
Think about why he tweeted that. If you know anything about how the sausage is made for guys like Schefter/Rappaport, the Dolphins asked for that tweet. Sort of hilarious they're that concerned with 'the narrative' (why? who gives a crap?). I would rather just go out and win the game but to each his own.

Funny how much expectations have evolved in five years. In 2017 with Tyrod, making the playoffs was absolute euphoria. This year it barely registers and isn't that interesting.

Oh boy, this is rich…

Say what you will but there were snowballs hitting players on O during the dolphins first drive in the endzone.

I don’t think we lost because of snowballs but come on, its obvious why it caused a stoppage in play.

Say what you will but there were snowballs hitting players on O during the dolphins first drive in the endzone.

I don’t think we lost because of snowballs but come on, its obvious why it caused a stoppage in play.
Citing the "player safety" nonsense, after what his org did to Tua is a bit much for me.

And I guess "player safety" wasn't important to him in Miami in September, with the Dolphins relaxing in the shade, and the Bills broiling in the sun without misting fans.

I think the Dolphins lost because Mr. Too Cool for School didn't run Mostert enough. JMO.

Citing the "player safety" nonsense, after what his org did to Tua is a bit much for me.

And I guess "player safety" wasn't important to him in Miami in September, with the Dolphins relaxing in the shade, and the Bills broiling in the sun without misting fans.

I think the Dolphins lost because Mr. Too Cool for School didn't run Mostert enough. JMO.
the extent of his coaching seems to be I hope my 2 really good WRs get open by more than 10 yds so my wildly inaccurate qb can lob it to them enough times that we can score.

the extent of his coaching seems to be I hope my 2 really good WRs get open by more than 10 yds so my wildly inaccurate qb can lob it to them enough times that we can score.
Heh I sorta feel like he's getting the max out of those 2 great WRs and not much else.

The Tua praise this morning is, interesting. The bar is so low for a 3rd yr top5 pick with those WRs, and at least yesterday, a great run game. The TDs were nice but otherwise - every pass to the sideline flutters & is close to being pick'd.

Heh I sorta feel like he's getting the max out of those 2 great WRs and not much else.

The Tua praise this morning is, interesting. The bar is so low for a 3rd yr top5 pick with those WRs, and at least yesterday, a great run game. The TDs were nice but otherwise - every pass to the sideline flutters & is close to being pick'd.
With young QBs in the AFC performing so well...Tua needs to be much better.

Tua would’ve been a great NFL QB in the early 2000s. I don’t think he’s bad but he can’t deliver the upside of Mahomes/Allen/Burrow/Lamar/Herbert.

Lawrence is getting there too

Kansas City you sperm gurgling whore!
They keep playing just well enough to win and their schedule is easier. Arrrgh

Kansas City you sperm gurgling whore!
They keep playing just well enough to win and their schedule is easier. Arrrgh
Plus it feels like 90 percent of the time they're playing at home.

Here's the last 3 games for the AFC teams battling for the 1 seed:

Buffalo: @Bears, @Bengals, Pats
KC: Seahawks, Broncos, @Raiders
Cinci: @Pats, Bills, Ravens

If Cincinnati beats Buffalo they hold the tiebreaker over both teams. Buffalo has the tiebreaker over KC.

Here's the last 3 games for the AFC teams battling for the 1 seed:

Buffalo: @Bears, @Bengals, Pats
KC: Seahawks, Broncos, @Raiders
Cinci: @Pats, Bills, Ravens

If Cincinnati beats Buffalo they hold the tiebreaker over both teams. Buffalo has the tiebreaker over KC.

Bills/ Bengals is a huge game no doubt about it. The Bears seem to hang around and hang around, just have to win that one to set up what will amount to a playoff game in Cinci.

I would be shocked if Pats beat Cinci but certainly won't complain. As close as the KC games have been you just can't anticipate them losing one of the next 3. Bills most likely are either the 1 seed or the 3 seed really

Right now I think Cinci is the best team of the 3 if I take off my Joe Cribbs jersey and really look at it, The bye week would be great though

Tua would’ve been a great NFL QB in the early 2000s. I don’t think he’s bad but he can’t deliver the upside of Mahomes/Allen/Burrow/Lamar/Herbert.

Lawrence is getting there too
I think we've all turned into morons because of stupid tv shows and Twitter. Tua's a really good QB. He's going to throw for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs with single digit picks. That's a good ass player. Lamar is 1-3 in the playoffs completing 55% of his passes with 3 TDs and 5 picks in those 4 games. Herbert is in year 3 and hasn't played in a playoff game yet and might not this year either. It's strange that people are so obsessed with Tua not being great. Someone has to be the 14th best QB in the league and that's still a pretty damn good guy and is better than anyone we had in Buffalo between about 1997 and 2020.

I think we've all turned into morons because of stupid tv shows and Twitter. Tua's a really good QB. He's going to throw for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs with single digit picks. That's a good ass player. Lamar is 1-3 in the playoffs completing 55% of his passes with 3 TDs and 5 picks in those 4 games. Herbert is in year 3 and hasn't played in a playoff game yet and might not this year either. It's strange that people are so obsessed with Tua not being great. Someone has to be the 14th best QB in the league and that's still a pretty damn good guy and is better than anyone we had in Buffalo between about 1997 and 2020.

Agreed. Herbert is great as well but the media's love affair with him over a guy like Tua just seems odd to me. The two golden boys in the NFL that can do no wrong 99% of the time are Mahomes and Herbert and don't get me wrong they are both great but it just seems odd to me. I feel they love Josh and Jackson as well when they are playing well but very quick to criticize when they aren't. Tua is slowly moving into that area. There are still plenty of naysayers for Josh, Lamar and now Tua. You see it all the time.

Ignoring media when it comes to the NFL and NBA is really best. It's just too hot take dependent and sensationalized. There are a few reasonable people out there but not many.

Last edited:
The two golden buys in the NFL that can do no wrong 99% of the time are Mahomes and Herbert and don't get me wrong they are both great but it just seems odd to me.
I think Burrow is one of the NFL's golden boys as well.

Weather looking poor Sat. Will favor the team that runs 12377 times.

That's really splitting semantical hairs man. You're knocking those other guys while also acknowledging they're better by saying he's middle of the pack (which I think most people pretty much agree with).
Guys can put up stats better than they are for a year with some good bounces and a new coach - Foles had that 26-2 year in Chip's 1st year.
Tuanon being so darn rabid makes the hate louder so it just becomes a self fulfilling multiplier.

That's really splitting semantical hairs man. You're knocking those other guys while also acknowledging they're better by saying he's middle of the pack (which I think most people pretty much agree with).
Guys can put up stats better than they are for a year with some good bounces and a new coach - Foles had that 26-2 year in Chip's 1st year.
Tuanon being so darn rabid makes the hate louder so it just becomes a self fulfilling multiplier.
Tua has a large fanbase of defenders? Pretty much the entire media and most fans outside of Miami thinks he stinks. I know very few people who defend him. He seems like an easy target for whatever reason.

I think a large part of it is media and scouts need to be proven right where and when guys are picked. Colin Cowherd stuck up for Sam Darnold for years because he liked him out of the draft. He was never going to admit he was wrong. There's a contingent that need Herbert to be better to prove themselves right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom