Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

Weather looking poor Sat. Will favor the team that runs 12377 times.
Just need to out-talent them, get the win and not get anyone hurt. Same plan as against Cleveland. All I care about is having Saffold-Morse-Bates on the field for the 1st snap against Cincy with Ike as the backup IOL guy. I can not deal with Van Rotten or Quessenberry on the field anymore and certainly not together.

Tua has a large fanbase of defenders? Pretty much the entire media and most fans outside of Miami thinks he stinks. I know very few people who defend him. He seems like an easy target for whatever reason.

I think a large part of it is media and scouts need to be proven right where and when guys are picked. Colin Cowherd stuck up for Sam Darnold for years because he liked him out of the draft. He was never going to admit he was wrong. There's a contingent that need Herbert to be better to prove themselves right.
Yes Tuanon is a thing; admittedly most are random Dolphin fans. Though the nbc studio crew last week did say "nobody has stopped him all year".

Draft status validation is also very real. I don't know if that's the best example though; I don't really remember lots of people carrying the Herbert flag leading up to the draft and saying Tua was a terrible pick.
Darnald is a great example. Lots of "I told you it was all the Jets fault" victory laps when the Panthers started 3-0 last year folllowed by crickets.
Allen who nobody other than Kiper liked needed the playoff games last yr to finally shut people up after 2 elite years.

Yes Tuanon is a thing; admittedly most are random Dolphin fans. Though the nbc studio crew last week did say "nobody has stopped him all year".

Draft status validation is also very real. I don't know if that's the best example though; I don't really remember lots of people carrying the Herbert flag leading up to the draft and saying Tua was a terrible pick.
Darnald is a great example. Lots of "I told you it was all the Jets fault" victory laps when the Panthers started 3-0 last year folllowed by crickets.
Allen who nobody other than Kiper liked needed the playoff games last yr to finally shut people up after 2 elite years.
Most fans are going to root for their own guy and outside of the last couple weeks they really hadn't been stopped. I don't know one person in the media who has given Tua much credit. Even when he's played well a lot of credit went to Waddle and/or Hill. It seems pretty heavy handed one sided as a neutral observer.

Most fans are going to root for their own guy and outside of the last couple weeks they really hadn't been stopped. I don't know one person in the media who has given Tua much credit. Even when he's played well a lot of credit went to Waddle and/or Hill. It seems pretty heavy handed one sided as a neutral observer.
The last couple weeks were the only 'bad' games. The NE, 1st Bills & Steelers games were meh at best.
The great games were the 4th Qtr in Baltimore and a 4game stretch vs Lions/Bears/Browns/Texans.

We might see more of this heading into end-of-half situations, particularly with Josh Allen's propensity to take "the-risk-nearly-too-far"

Looked to me like Dolphins engaged in purposeful Defensive Holding strategy on the drive before Halftime, which works if the opponent doesn't have Time Outs and you can just bleed the clock down...if it's not PI, but just Holding, then surrendering the 5 yards is a digestable trade off if you are trying to avoid giving up a TD vs. a Field Goal.

On top of that, JA nearly ran out the clock for no points. The NFL 5-yard Holding penalty (vs. College 10 yard I believe) might allow for this strategy, just hold right off the line (before the ball's in the air) once they're in FG range

NFL needs to move the Bears game to Detroit (who plays away). Wind chills of 15 BELOW are predicted on Saturday. That's dangerous.

they played the ncaa playoff game this weekend in pretty bad conditions. i dont think the pros are gonna do much about it

I think we've all turned into morons because of stupid tv shows and Twitter. Tua's a really good QB. He's going to throw for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs with single digit picks. That's a good ass player. Lamar is 1-3 in the playoffs completing 55% of his passes with 3 TDs and 5 picks in those 4 games. Herbert is in year 3 and hasn't played in a playoff game yet and might not this year either. It's strange that people are so obsessed with Tua not being great. Someone has to be the 14th best QB in the league and that's still a pretty damn good guy and is better than anyone we had in Buffalo between about 1997 and 2020.

I'd take him over a lot of QBs that get trotted out, just pointing out that I'd rather have the guys I listed. And I'd rather have Tua than pretty much every drought era Bills QB, but that's also a very low bar to compare to.

its says all that and then

“There is no provision in the rule book specifically for snowballs, or any objects, unless they strike the players. However, the referee is empowered to make any decision that is not specifically covered by the rules.

so yes there is a way for the ref to enforce a penalty for throwing things on the field.

It's going to be -20 wind chill in Chicago on Sunday. The heat index for the Miami game earlier in the year was 120. Crazy that the Bills are playing two games that are separated by 140 degrees.

We might see more of this heading into end-of-half situations, particularly with Josh Allen's propensity to take "the-risk-nearly-too-far"

Looked to me like Dolphins engaged in purposeful Defensive Holding strategy on the drive before Halftime, which works if the opponent doesn't have Time Outs and you can just bleed the clock down...if it's not PI, but just Holding, then surrendering the 5 yards is a digestable trade off if you are trying to avoid giving up a TD vs. a Field Goal.

On top of that, JA nearly ran out the clock for no points. The NFL 5-yard Holding penalty (vs. College 10 yard I believe) might allow for this strategy, just hold right off the line (before the ball's in the air) once they're in FG range
its confusing though because you can call both holding and PI on the same play even though the seldom do.

Here are the Bills’ inactives for today’s game against Chicago.
  • C Mitch Morse
  • DE Boogie Basham
  • CB Xavier Rhodes
  • LB Baylon Spector
  • S Dean Marlowe
  • OL Justin Murray
  • TE Tommy Sweeney

I'm relegated to ESPN Gamecast but it sure seemed like Chicago didn't have much trouble taking it down the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom