Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

What was Miami doing on that play at the end where they got the delay of game? I would be just beside myself if I was a Dolphin fan. They had 4th and 1 and were in control of the game at that point. They were so lackadaisical coming out of the huddle.

What was Miami doing on that play at the end where they got the delay of game? I would be just beside myself if I was a Dolphin fan. They had 4th and 1 and were in control of the game at that point. They were so lackadaisical coming out of the huddle.

Per McDaniels PC they thought it was a 1st down and didnt have a 4th down play called

Aside from the WRs forgetting how to catch and some special teams issues, I think the team mostly played well. Receivers were getting open far better than usual. OLine got a pretty good push on the run plays/opened up some nice holes. Secondary was better than expected. Edmunds played his butt off.

Idk, it was a weird game because the drops both cost us a lot of points and also directly handed Miami points but I felt like we played pretty well outside of that.

Beasley's TO was a penalty really. I think Romo was right that he should have come back to the ball harder so that would be fair, but he was also grabbed by the Dman.

There were a ton of deflected balls today, that one landed in the arms of a Dolphin, while the Gosh Darn fumbled punt ended up in a Bills arms thank the heavens
Ya I was gonna kick the cat if we lost the punt muff.
I didn't really have a problem with the Beez no call tbh, wouldn't want that called on our DBs.
The Brown one wouldn't have been so bad if somebody made a damn tackle earlier.

I'm kinda surprised how many people say the refs handed the Bills that game

We definitely got a few calls but the biggest reasons that game was close was cause of turnovers + huge punt return.

We definitely got a few calls but the biggest reasons that game was close was cause of turnovers + huge punt return.
Is that actually happening or just the usual Dolphins/Chiefs mouth-breathers on twitter/reddit.

Aside from the WRs forgetting how to catch and some special teams issues, I think the team mostly played well. Receivers were getting open far better than usual. OLine got a pretty good push on the run plays/opened up some nice holes. Secondary was better than expected. Edmunds played his butt off.

Idk, it was a weird game because the drops both cost us a lot of points and also directly handed Miami points but I felt like we played pretty well outside of that.
I don't know that I agree. Dumb INT by Allen, with the score 17-3, gave Miami 3 points. Horrific PR coverage gave Miami 3 points. KO out of bounds led to a Miami drive start at the 40 (drive resulted in points). Missed tackles on 2 separate drives extended drives (3rd and 18 and 4th and 8) led to points on each drive.

Drops were an issue (as was playcalling), but I think the issues run much deeper.

Haha. What calls did we get?

Delay of Game on Miami was ignored probably 5 times. Beasley was interfered with on the Holland INT. Rousseau was hogtied on a crucial 3rd down play, which Miami converted.

Haha. What calls did we get?

Delay of Game on Miami was ignored probably 5 times. Beasley was interfered with on the Holland INT. Rousseau was hogtied on a crucial 3rd down play, which Miami converted.
Agree with all of this.

To be fair, if I am a Fish fan I am livid on the final play- ruling that a first down creates the burden of replay needing clear evidence to overturn. I was a little surprised they didn’t simply call the play dead when Motor’s forward progress was stopped and immediately measure- then a review happens organically on the spot. Unless I have that wrong, I could see Dolphins fans being pretty upset. Beyond that? No way.

Safe to say the Bills didn't play their best game today, but not every win has to look pretty in the playoffs. The Bucs were in a dogfight with the Commanders two years ago, Pats just scrapped by the Jags in the AFC, etc. Just gotta survive and advance.

Agree with all of this.

To be fair, if I am a Fish fan I am livid on the final play- ruling that a first down creates the burden of replay needing clear evidence to overturn. I was a little surprised they didn’t simply call the play dead when Motor’s forward progress was stopped and immediately measure- then a review happens organically on the spot. Unless I have that wrong, I could see Dolphins fans being pretty upset. Beyond that? No way.
Like the Waddle "catch" on 3rd and 10?

Like the Waddle "catch" on 3rd and 10?
I will be honest, I don’t remember that particular play and the victory bourbon has been poured so I don’t like my chances from here. ;)

Interestingly I thought that was more of a problem during ACC play, I remember that occurring to the Cuse multiple times. Why not quickly measure?

I mentioned a similar thing yesterday - A few on Twitter mentioned Miami threw to same sideline the play after Milano hit their QB - anything borderline was 100% getting called PI which it was.

I will be honest, I don’t remember that particular play and the victory bourbon has been poured so I don’t like my chances from here. ;)

Interestingly I thought that was more of a problem during ACC play, I remember that occurring to the Cuse multiple times. Why not quickly measure?
Not all that long ago there were measurements 5-6 times a game. Can't a coach request a measurement?

Agree with all of this.

I realize the irony of this fanbase saying the game was already over but..
I can't imagine that was one of the 50 most important calls of the game.

I realize the irony of this fanbase saying the game was already over but..
I can't imagine that was one of the 50 most important calls of the game.
That’s fair. But it was the last gasp. I guess a logical Dolphins fan would be much angrier about giving up 8.1 yards when first contact was after two yards, but anyway- game’s over. We are on to (likely) Cincy…

I don't know that I agree. Dumb INT by Allen, with the score 17-3, gave Miami 3 points. Horrific PR coverage gave Miami 3 points. KO out of bounds led to a Miami drive start at the 40 (drive resulted in points). Missed tackles on 2 separate drives extended drives (3rd and 18 and 4th and 8) led to points on each drive.

Drops were an issue (as was playcalling), but I think the issues run much deeper.
I said special teams issues and most of your argument is that I was correct on that or am I not following your post correctly? Apologies if so lol, I just got back from the game and am a bit exhausted.

But on top of the special teams stuff that I mentioned, Knox drop took 7 off the board for us. Shakir drop took a likely 3-7 points off the board. Beasley drop gave Miami points (I think).

If our WRs simply catch the balls that normal receivers do and our special teams aren’t an atrocity, that game is never competitive IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom