Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Fair or not fair, with the defense as injured as it is, the offense needed to step up and put up 28+ points consistently to win games. It has not been nearly good enough at scoring points. Scoring < 10 pts at half time in 5 of our last 6 games is not good enough. Buffalo has one of the healthiest offenses in all of football. The offense is by far the problem, and has been for awhile.

Jax: 7 pts
NYG: 0 pts
NE: 3 pts
TB: 17 pts
Cin: 7 pts
Den: 8 pts
So they had to be the #3 scoring offense in the league or Dorsey should be fired and they're going to be better without him. Great way to get worse.

So they had to be the #3 scoring offense in the league or Dorsey should be fired and they're going to be better without him. Great way to get worse.
Yep over the last 5 weeks considering the opponents I would say yes.

You already have your answer because they fired him. I don't know if they will be better without him. They aren't making the playoffs so what difference does it make, gives Brady a shot to win the job over the last 7 and start working on next year.

Big rumor going around in Buffalo that Josh Allen is going to be a dad and his current girlfriend or old girlfriend is not the one pregnant. Laughed when it was told to me at the first bar. Intrigued me when it was brought up at the second bar by a different bartender.

Big rumor going around in Buffalo that Josh Allen is going to be a dad and his current girlfriend or old girlfriend is not the one pregnant. Laughed when it was told to me at the first bar. Intrigued me when it was brought up at the second bar by a different bartender.

I think that was the old rumor from the end of last season, when his previous relationship ended abruptly. That he knocked up a bartender. If my math is correct, she would have had that kid by now if it was true.

Unfortunately in this league there are "fall guys" and they often are coordinators. Hopefully Dorsey finds another gig.

Look at those first half numbers. The offense has NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH. Sorry you somehow do not feel this way. Something had to happen. It's a shame it happened after a game where I think he was fine, but something had to happen.

Unfortunately in this league there are "fall guys" and they often are coordinators. Hopefully Dorsey finds another gig.

Look at those first half numbers. The offense has NOT BEEN GOOD ENOUGH. Sorry you somehow do not feel this way. Something had to happen. It's a shame it happened after a game where I think he was fine, but something had to happen.

I suppose it depends on whether or not it was his decision or McDermott's decision to bench Cook for three series for me to think he was "fine" on Monday. Also, we ran shotgun both on a 4th and 1 play (which failed) and a two point conversion play from the one (successful, but not exactly a high percentage play). That stuff is maddening.

I suppose it depends on whether or not it was his decision or McDermott's decision to bench Cook for three series for me to think he was "fine" on Monday. Also, we ran shotgun both on a 4th and 1 play (which failed) and a two point conversion play from the one (successful, but not exactly a high percentage play). That stuff is maddening.
I go absolutely bonkers any time anyone goes out of the shotgun from the 1 or 2. Completely stupid. In theory spreading the defense out opens things up but doesn't really work all that well when 22 dudes are in that compact area.

Yeah that was a last year thing. His new GF is Hailee Steinfeld so would be a good move on his part if he did knock her up.

This was a pretty good breakdown of the Bills offense by Kurt Warner.

It was Floyd on 12 men. Why ST Coach handled it completely differently at the end of first half vs end of game - maybe someone should ask him.

It was Floyd on 12 men. Why ST Coach handled it completely differently at the end of first half vs end of game - maybe someone should ask him.
Just so tired of the scapegoats. For a HC who is all about Detail/Organizations/Situational he may as well be Rex Ryan.
Extra inexcusable in that both there and :13 there were multiple time outs to reset.

Just so tired of the scapegoats. For a HC who is all about Detail/Organizations/Situational he may as well be Rex Ryan.
Extra inexcusable in that both there and :13 there were multiple time outs to reset.

“The Bills’ dime defense was on the field before Lutz’s 41-yard attempt, but the team tried to switch and put its field-goal block unit out. That meant six players from the sideline came onto the field and six who were on the defense for Denver’s last offensive play had to come off.”

They think we are morons . This explanation makes sense if Denver was running normal offensive plays during downs 1-3. Yet they were taking knees. Let’s review:

1st and 10: Denver kneels. Buffalo TO
2nd and 11: Denver kneels. Buffalo TO

Surely after this TO it should be clear even to simple minds (like apparently our coaching staff possess) that another kneel down is coming. What’s Denver gonna do? Run a play?

So if you are going to go FG block D…you have PLENTY of time to swap the units out during this TO. But NAH. Let’s not sub and then run a fire drill after 3rd down.

“The Bills’ dime defense was on the field before Lutz’s 41-yard attempt, but the team tried to switch and put its field-goal block unit out. That meant six players from the sideline came onto the field and six who were on the defense for Denver’s last offensive play had to come off.”

They think we are morons . This explanation makes sense if Denver was running normal offensive plays during downs 1-3. Yet they were taking knees. Let’s review:

1st and 10: Denver kneels. Buffalo TO
2nd and 11: Denver kneels. Buffalo TO

Surely after this TO it should be clear even to simple minds (like apparently our coaching staff possess) that another kneel down is coming. What’s Denver gonna do? Run a play?

So if you are going to go FG block D…you have PLENTY of time to swap the units out during this TO. But NAH. Let’s not sub and then run a fire drill after 3rd down.

Maddening and Mindboggling.

Made the mistake of listening to get up this morning with them talking about the diggs bro tweets.

Just one more kick in the nuts from Monday, Burrow now out for the year for the Bengals.

He was fantastic in 2020 and seems like each year regressed a bit since. I sometimes wonder if the no crowd stuff helped him stay a lot calmer than usual and more focused. I mean he was great the last 6-7 games of 2021 as well but he's just fallen off a cliff this year and quite honestly looks miserable most of the time. Starting to weigh on him as well. With his contract and the $ they will pay Vaughn, Trey and Knox next year that's going to take it's toll.

A true franchise Qb making huge $ is just suppose to be better and ton more consistent.

He to me is by far the biggest disappointment of 2023, coaches and or players
Just one man's opinion, but I don't think Josh has been put in the same positions as Daboll put him in.

There's a lot to be said for the support around you making you feel confident in what you're doing, and running plays to put you into a position to succeed.

If you watch the analysis of a lot of these games, there aren't many options available. Josh forces things. That's his flaw. But at times, he has no choice. He also has been told not to run which puts him in an impossible situation many times.

Again, just one man's opinion.

Again 7.5 pt favorites for no apparent reason. Free money if you have no soul .

Man, Alex Smith sure hammered McDermott - and the defense - on NFL Today. He listed several defensive gaffes vs. Denver and questioned why they fired their OC instead. "Most peculiar, mama."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom