Burn it all down. This is rock bottom | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Burn it all down. This is rock bottom

Is Ye Olde Pizza Pub still kicking in Hamilton?

That’s all I got. This was supposed to be a pleasant midweek distraction and instead I’m pissed off, sad, and exhausted.

JB should bow out after the Georgetown game.

It is! And one of the owners is opening a new diner in the old Pizza Hut on 12B.

So, uh, yeah. Exciting times.

Great great great comment. You’re absolutely right. JB thinks this is his program and not the schools. And with that he thinks he knows everything about coaching and has NEVER evolved. Guys are running laps around him now and yet he will still be condescending to anyone who questions his methods
We’ve really reached “The Emperor has no clothes” stage of his career.

I’d give him this year, and next year and see what it’s looking like.

But we’ll almost surely not move on midseason, so…yeah, come April I’m looking for the best guy. The only advantage Colgate has over us is the coaching and they just worked us two years in a row….

The only way I give Red or GMac a chance is if JB leaves mid-season and they finish the season and then we move on. No chance them taking over would be a positive direction for the program. ZERO CHANCE. You are just wasting time.

It is! And one of the owners is opening a new diner in the old Pizza Hut on 12B.

So, uh, yeah. Exciting times.
Used to go to a Colgate game or two every year with my dad and some friends in the Adonal Foyle era. It was good ball and a cheap ticket. Ye Olde Pizza Pub was always the stop!

Man a lot of you overreact. Last year Colgate was the better team and would have won any time. This year I fully believe if these 2 teams play in Feb or March that Cuse handles them. We have a very young team. they gave 80 pts 105.. efficient threes.. 50 %... couple of bad rebound mistakes late. I saw nice things from young guys who will improve. I would wager that no teams hits 19 threes vs us all year. And finally you guys say your all fans, when will you realize that just like in FB some teams are bad matchups for others. Like triple option run team is a bad matchup or spread teams. Cuse matches up terrible to very good shooting teams. Just what it is. Colgate prob the best we'll see. They hit 19 threes on not many shots. Is what it is!. Syracuse is more athletic, younger and better team. Although meany of you cannot see it

You sweet summer child

What’s our record and recruiting since we joined?
I made this point a few weeks ago on the football side. People would rather be doormats in the ACC than be relegated to an inferior conference. Our ACC conference record in basketball is a little over .500. It's well under .500 in football.

The only way I give Red or GMac a chance is if JB leaves mid-season and they finish the season and then we move on. No chance them taking over would be a positive direction for the program. ZERO CHANCE. You are just wasting time.
Probably. Unless the team plays noticeably better under Red and ends the year with some positive momentum. In which case I’d give him a full year.

As Brad “Scarface” Jordan once said, “I often wish that I could save everyone, but I’m a dreamer.”

Oh sorry you were the transition guy I guess. Still have the same thoughts about how to handle the transition?

My first point would be that I didn’t dismiss the criticisms as invalid. This goes to all those who reacted with the love emoji to your post, too, I guess. I offered counterpoints because I lean optimistic.

We were all guessing and it appears your guesses were right. So kudos for that.

Second point: A mid-season firing obviously won’t do any good for the program or the fans. If the team really is as bad as it was tonight and stays bad, then JB needs to walk away at the end of the season. Hopkins would be my top pick to replace him. After that, I’d prefer we go outside of JB’s coaching tree with a bona fide recruiter. Talent is the problem.

WOW....this thread is going wild!! Second game of the season with 7 new players, losing top 3 players from last year. Let's fire the coach, bench players, players to portal, etc?? I suggest we get a few more games under our belt before we rush to all these conclusions. Last week you wanted to bench Benny and this week you are praising him! If we do not build from this loss then all you are saying has some truth, but we will not know until several more games are played. You have to admit a good shooting Colgate team was no match for our young, yet to be set defensively, and total lack of experience under fire fire team. I would hope we can improve, get to the NCAAs and play Colgate again if they and we can get there.

Used to go to a Colgate game or two every year with my dad and some friends in the Adonal Foyle era. It was good ball and a cheap ticket. Ye Olde Pizza Pub was always the stop!

I was a senior in HS (I think) when he played in the tourney. Didn’t he have like 16 blocks in that game?

I made this point a few weeks ago on the football side. People would rather be doormats in the ACC than be relegated to an inferior conference. Our ACC conference record in basketball is a little over .500. It's well under .500 in football.
We almost won the league our first year though.

I think it’s us, that’s the problem. “Normal” Syracuse teams from 1975-2014 would be fine in the ACC. Every bit as fine as we were in the Big East(which was often tougher).

We went on probation and then our coach got old as dirt. That’s all it is, IMO.

I get your point, but I just disagree with that mindset. We just played in a HUGE, big stakes, nationally followed football game this year vs Clemson and, yeah, the rest of the season went to crap, but that game would not be happening otherwise.

We would be UConn football. I'm not interested in UConn level football

WOW...this thread is going wild!! Second game of the season with 7 new players, losing top 3 players from last year. Let's fire the coach, bench players, players to portal, etc?? I suggest we get a few more games under our belt before we rush to all these conclusions. Last week you wanted to bench Benny and this week you are praising him! If we do not build from this loss then all you are saying has some truth, but we will not know until several more games are played. You have to admit a good shooting Colgate team was no match for our young, yet to be set defensively, and total lack of experience under fire fire team. I would hope we can improve, get to the NCAAs and play Colgate again if they and we can get there.
But it’s not the second game of this type of play. It’s like the 6th straight year or something, I don’t even know anymore

You sweet summer child
LOL not a child, a HS coach and see plenty of hoops, but thank you. You keep doing what your doing and lose you mind that the Orange world is ending.. It will keep on spinning

WOW...this thread is going wild!! Second game of the season with 7 new players, losing top 3 players from last year. Let's fire the coach, bench players, players to portal, etc?? I suggest we get a few more games under our belt before we rush to all these conclusions. Last week you wanted to bench Benny and this week you are praising him! If we do not build from this loss then all you are saying has some truth, but we will not know until several more games are played. You have to admit a good shooting Colgate team was no match for our young, yet to be set defensively, and total lack of experience under fire fire team. I would hope we can improve, get to the NCAAs and play Colgate again if they and we can get there.

Colgate two years in a row and much weaker this year. There is no talk off here. Just isnt.

Didn’t he make a 3 and 2 jump shots?
Yes he did. Benny just can’t win with some people. Last week everyone said he shouldn’t shoot any outside shots and just focus on putbacks. He did that tonight and is criticized for it.

Man a lot of you overreact. Last year Colgate was the better team and would have won any time. This year I fully believe if these 2 teams play in Feb or March that Cuse handles them. We have a very young team. they gave 80 pts 105.. efficient threes.. 50 %... couple of bad rebound mistakes late. I saw nice things from young guys who will improve. I would wager that no teams hits 19 threes vs us all year. And finally you guys say your all fans, when will you realize that just like in FB some teams are bad matchups for others. Like triple option run team is a bad matchup or spread teams. Cuse matches up terrible to very good shooting teams. Just what it is. Colgate prob the best we'll see. They hit 19 threes on not many shots. Is what it is!. Syracuse is more athletic, younger and better team. Although meany of you cannot see it

I think you’ve answered the question yourself. If Colgate is considered a bad matchup….. that’s the problem. If you’ve hit it right on the head.

WE ARE GOTDAMN SYRACUSE, WE DONT GET BLOWN OUT BY COLGATE TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!!

I’d chop off CuseRunner’s hand to avoid this happening again.

Rutgers is much better off being in the B1G than not. Yukon much better off being in the Big East than the AAC. Cuse much better off being in the ACC than the BE.

LOL not a child, a HS coach and see plenty of hoops, but thank you. You keep doing what your doing and lose you mind that the Orange world is ending.. It will keep on spinning

Yikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom