Burn it all down. This is rock bottom | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Burn it all down. This is rock bottom

Lol great AD? He hired GRob. The AD was a S***show until very recently.

Ok, he hired Fox, Q, Bradley, McIntyre, Gait and Ross. Thanks to those coaches Syracuse has championships and final fours in sports that we've historically awful at. If you don't want to recognize that, that's fine. He also got us to the ACC. He should be more respected but people got butt hurt over his luggage.

They got wide open threes against the man defense too. Once Mintz got beat back door, the man was over.
Game was already over at that point, and why is giving up a backdoor layup worse than giving up wide open 3 pointers after letting them comfortably make 8 passes?

Settle down folks. You are looking at a senior dominant team against a team that JB is building with 7 new players. Yes we have Jesse and Joe but Joe was and still is a huge defensive liability that burns us with solid three point shooters. especially from beyond the arc. I can guarantee you will not see a repeat next year. Of course Colgate may not schedule us or demand we play in Hamilton. I honestly think there is a lot for JB to build on tonight. Remember the lose to LeMoyne several years back helped develop a very good team

Went back and quickly glanced at some posts from last year's Colgate loss.

Some of the "hey, it's early" type posters now have have pitchforks and the "LOL yeah sure Colgate is better than Syracuse" types are nowhere to be seen.

The train is coming.

Settle down folks. You are looking at a senior dominant team against a team that JB is building with 7 new players. Yes we have Jesse and Joe but Joe was and still is a huge defensive liability that burns us with solid three point shooters. especially from beyond the arc. I can guarantee you will not see a repeat next year. Of course Colgate may not schedule us or demand we play in Hamilton. I honestly think there is a lot for JB to build on tonight. Remember the lose to LeMoyne several years back helped develop a very good team
How.

Lol. That team had Wes Johnson…good luck here

SU can't fire JB!! If the school can't figure out a way to mutually agree to end his tenure after all he has done for the program, the School will in the long run come out looking much worse than he will.

JB is the program. I'm over 50 years old and remember having my elementary school gym teacher take us to an SU practice that JB was running at Manley. SU doesn't have half the basketball program it has or athletic department it has today, without the work that JB has put in on the Hill. They can't fire him, but at 78 years old it is time that he is nicely talked in to looking at retirement and trading the Syracuse snow for the Florida sun.

Game was already over at that point, and why is giving up a backdoor layup worse than giving up wide open 3 pointers after letting them comfortably make 8 passes?
They were ~5-10 when Syracuse played man for the first 8 minutes.

Colgate lost their top 3 scorers. Their PG is a freshman. They are much weaker than last year. This is a historically bad loss.

It was clear in the exhibitions this team was historically bad
True, but we just beat Lehigh(same league as Colgate) easily. We were physically superior and actually took advantage. Play tight, make them put it on the floor, and funnel them to Jesse.

You don’t let them throw it around at will while their shooters toe it up. Ridiculous.

Wes Johnson, Andy Rautins, AO, Rick Jackson, Scoop and Brandon aren't walking through that door.

I don't see this ending well at all. JB feels the program is HIS, not the school's. I think the more heat he feels, the more he will dig in and want to keep on going. And he has very, very powerful allies. They will help him keep going long after someone should have put a stop to it. The pieces are setup for an endgame that will see the program left in tatters in JB left feeling resentful and wronged. Sad, really.

SU can't fire JB!! If the school can't figure out a way to mutually agree to end his tenure after all he has done for the program, the School will in the long run come out looking much worse than he will.

JB is the program. I'm over 50 years old and remember having my elementary school gym teacher take us to an SU practice that JB was running at Manley. SU doesn't have half the basketball program it has or athletic department it has today, without the work that JB has put in on the Hill. They can't fire him, but at 78 years old it is time that he is nicely talked in to looking at retirement and trading the Syracuse snow for the Florida sun.
Good grief. They sure as hell can fire him. It won’t be a public firing, but he can (and should) be shown the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom