Buttgers fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buttgers fans

just like no one crows about a team that has never won anything RRRRUUUU

best finish is 3rd in big least

dick

Once again...NO ONE is jealous of the doormat of the Big East(dead last 6 out of the last seven years).

SU fans crow about the ACC instead of actually looking at where your program stands. If it makes you feel better so be it...
i feel pretty good about our future... you can't possibly feel the same. If, of course, you're at all a rational thinker.

Please tell me what year it was again when SU won 11 games? Its been an eternity...

what teams did you beat and what were there records?

how often do you have an OOC schedule worth noting?

Once again...NO ONE is jealous of the doormat of the Big East(dead last 6 out of the last seven years).

SU fans crow about the ACC instead of actually looking at where your program stands. If it makes you feel better so be it...

17.1 birds in the hand vs none in the bush.

Always a good outcome for SU, Rutty, not so much.

The GRob era is over. And im sure you pray to the heavens nightly that that gift was dropped in your schools lap. But as you know, if you know anything about college football history that is, that was a Blip on our programs radar. Just look at our history as a program (hint15th winningest of all time, heisman, national title, conference titles, etc). Most would say 2006 was a blip for your school? more than likely. But keep striving for that first conference title. If enough programs keep leaving for greener pastures, you may just back your way into one eventually.

The answer to both questions, of course, is NONE.

Rutgirls has mastered the art of scheduling schaudenfraude, which is why nobody takes their paltry "accomplishments" seriously, and why no legitimate conference wants them.

Got an email at work from a colleague trying to sell 7 tickets to this weekend's Howard game. I wasn't quite sure how to respond.

Tell him to leave the tickets on his dashboard and park his car in downtown Piscataway.

If he's lucky, someone will break into his car ... and give him 7 more tickets.

The answer to both questions, of course, is NONE.

Rutgirls has mastered the art of scheduling schaudenfraude, which is why nobody takes them seriously, and no legitimate conference wants them.

exactly

Howard was a fierce competitor back when William Howard Taft was president ... that is it

Please tell me what year it was again when SU won 11 games? Its been an eternity...

And pray tell, can you please forward me the list of conference titles for your school? Out of conference wins of note can also be included. You sound silly.

No true SU fan has to be reminded of the difficulties of the recent past. But, we all know the rich history (history started before 6 years ago) and the great success enjoyed for decades. Rutgers blip wasn't even significant, and it is over. SU fans look forward to the next successful chapter in the history of our program. Rutger's fans optimism is based on speculation and hope. It is understandable when it is all you have.

In 2001 SU had went 10-3 and had a schedule that included playing Auburn GT, VT, UM, Tennessee, KSt.

In 2006 Rutgers played the worst SU team in history along with Howard, barely D-1 Uconn, Ohio, Navy, and Illinois.

You clowns want to really compare?

Ok so the birthplace of college football has been a doormat since emerging from the womb with the exception of one year and we are talking about 7 years for us?

Cmon- you do realize that we have a history right?

exactly

Howard was a fierce competitor back when William Howard Taft was president ... that is it

The Big East was outstanding that year and the best it has ever been with 3/8 teams FINISHING the season ranked in the top 12. RU beat #3 Louisville and took an outstanding WV team to triple overtime on the road. That team with Ray Rice/Brian Leonard in the backfield and three future NFL Olineman would have been a handful for anyone...

how about your OOC schedule that year and their records?

Listen. I get the envy from Rutgers fans. But the truth is simply this: Rutgers has sucked soo badly for so long in the only two sports that matter, that nobody wants you.

We made a horrific hire and it sunk our fb program to the depths that we never thought possible. Rutgers used our poor judgment to doggy-paddle its football snout above water. Reaching football mediocrity as its program zenith.

But it wasn't enough to grab anyone's attention.

Our basketball program is perennial top ten. It has cache and appeal, and we've used it to leverage a lifeboat off Gilligans Island. Now we are looking at riches that'll once again allow us to restore our football program to where it was, and possibly rape and pillage your backyard for recruits, while you somehow try to rub two sticks together to start a fire that you hope is noticed by the big ten, while at the same tome pretending to be happy with your shipwrecked conference mates.

I'd be envious as well, but i wouldn't be surprised that rutgers was passed by.

And just add insult to injury, our athletic director has launched a campaign aimed at taking over the only hope that you fanbase has - its claim to own the new York media market. Suggestions that either team owns New York are ludicrous, but our claim is just a footnote - we've escaped this dumpster fire- your equally futile claim is the best hope you have to keep your athletic department from falling off the face of the earth.

I get the anger and envy.

You have had one in your history and it resulted in a third place BE finish, you ever had 10 before that?.

One of our 11 win seasons resulted in a national championship and another should have except for a coward coach.

In 2001 SU had went 10-3 and had a schedule that included playing Auburn GT, VT, UM, Tennessee, KSt.

In 2006 Rutgers played the worst SU team in history along with Howard, barely D-1 Uconn, Ohio, Navy, and Illinois.

You clowns want to really compare?

Game. set. match. Its fun to toy with Rutgers fans. Still Starving for respect from us even during our recovery from the GRob era. Thankfully they will be SMUs problem a year from now. Can't wait for the Greener pastures.

Listen. I get the envy from Rutgers fans. But the truth is simply this: Rutgers has sucked soo badly for so long in the only two sports that matter, that nobody wants you.

We made a horrific hire and it sunk our fb program to the depths that we never thought possible. Rutgers used our poor judgment to doggy-paddle its football snout above water. Reaching football mediocrity as its program zenith.

But it wasn't enough to grab anyone's attention.

Our basketball program is perennial top ten. It has cache and appeal, and we've used it to leverage a lifeboat off Gilligans Island. Now we are looking at riches that'll once again allow us to restore our football program to where it was, and possibly rape and pillage your backyard for recruits, while you somehow try to rub two sticks together to start a fire that you hope is noticed by the big ten, while at the same tome pretending to be happy with your shipwrecked conference mates.

I'd be envious as well, but i wouldn't be surprised that rutgers was passed by.

And just add insult to injury, our athletic director has launched a campaign aimed at taking over the only hope that you fanbase has - its claim to own the new York media market. Suggestions that either team owns New York are ludicrous, but our claim is just a footnote - we've escaped this dumpster fire- your equally futile claim is the best hope you have to keep your athletic department from falling off the face of the earth.

I get the anger and envy.
pwned

I feel very confident that we windup in the Big 10/ACC over the next five years.

Just like the last kid picked in gym class.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

how about your OOC schedule that year and their records?

We played two BCS teams out of conference in UNC and Illinois that year along with a brutal Big East slate which included two legit top ten teams in Loiusville and WVU.

Just like the last kid picked in gym class.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So that makes you second to last...congrats. We still are a better program then you right now.

We played two BCS teams out of conference in UNC and Illinois that year along with a brutal Big East slate which included two legit top ten teams in Loiusville and WVU.
oxy moron