Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Young padawan, choose wisely!!!

1ababyforceavd3FWlcML6r.gif

JB is right - this kid could start for us, right now.

Also looks like he’s maturing physically.
Seemed a little soft prior, looking more leaned out now.
(that also could be the b&w instead of color)

Yes, that was kind of the point. He wasn't some miracle worker. Each player kind of improves based on their own ability and work ethic.
I have no horse in this race but FWIW I had a friend who played guard on a D-1 team and won most improved player in his league. Everyone thought what a great coach. My friend told me that coaching had nothing to do with it. My observation is that, in this case, it was a matter of dedication and effort, etc.

I have no horse in this race but FWIW I had a friend who played guard on a D-1 team and won most improved player in his league. Everyone thought what a great coach. My friend told me that coaching had nothing to do with it. My observation is that, in this case, it was a matter of dedication and effort, etc.
Some coaches can inspire, but the best coaches are the ones who instill the fundamentals early on. Teach the right things at the right time...

He's big, you can't teach that. But he needs to get stronger- I saw 2 X where his shot was altered by much smaller kids pushing him off the blocks. He's still has a couple of years to build much more strength.

He's big, you can't teach that. But he needs to get stronger- I saw 2 X where his shot was altered by much smaller kids pushing him off the blocks. He's still has a couple of years to build much more strength.

thats not my main takeaway from that video. Highly skilled, good motor, good iq. Kid is a big time prospect imho (top 20 type prospect in his class). He has the frame so not worried about the strength. He will get there.

thats not my main takeaway from that video. Highly skilled, good motor, good iq. Kid is a big time prospect imho (top 20 type prospect in his class). He has the frame so not worried about the strength. He will get there.
I see it the same way. This kid is growing like crazy. The UConn board was talking about how he has been measured at 7'2". He is going to continue to develop, but it is all there.

I'm not suggesting he's a stiff, by any means. He has soft hands and a motor, but he's just not strong enough yet, which shouldn't surprise since he's, wait for it...a sophomore in HS.
He will get stronger however, and we'll see. I see glimpses of a UCLA Bill Walton in how he keeps the ball high on catches and rebounds, as well as his on-court demeanor. But P5 cbb is filled w/ grown-ass manbabys, especially the ACC. IMO, his strength is the only thing that limits him & that should change with time and maturity. Would be a big-time get.

Boakeye to MSU takes them out of this.

I still think Clingan stay home , but we will see

MSU is killing it right now. That is three five stars in the span of a month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors