Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Man, this guy looks so Babe Ruth old school it’s scary.
Let’s hope, the Bambino II coming to a Jim Boeheim court near you.

Syracuse: Jim Boeheim is a hall of fame coach. They don't really have a true big either so I feel like I would come in and play a lot of minutes my freshman year. I also have a good relationship with that staff because they were the first school to offer me so it shows they were believing in me from the start. They're atmosphere is also something that stands out. I've been there before and the atmosphere there for the Syracuse Duke game was crazy. The crowd was packed and seeing that many fans at a college game was crazy.”

Syracuse: Jim Boeheim is a hall of fame coach. They don't really have a true big either so I feel like I would come in and play a lot of minutes my freshman year. I also have a good relationship with that staff because they were the first school to offer me so it shows they were believing in me from the start. They're atmosphere is also something that stands out. I've been there before and the atmosphere there for the Syracuse Duke game was crazy. The crowd was packed and seeing that many fans at a college game was crazy.”

Sounds to me like we have a real chance here ...

I have a very opposite feeling than yours. I feel strongly that Michigan is in the driver's seat

based on...pretty much nothing
I don’t think he will go that far from home.

I don’t think he will go that far from home.
things point to that for sure...but I guess I kinda of think the opposite. He had great personal reason for staying at his HS, but I think due to that period of staying home that he is ready to head out on his own.

Most Outstanding Player...

"Clingan who was the star of the Spartans National 17u team, was able to impose his will throughout the event. Standing 7-foot-1 the Rivals150 No. 47 player in the 2022 class, has a array of post moves from 10-feet and in. Left shoulder, right shoulder, pivot and pass, he was able to finish plays as well as run the offense through from the low block. The Bristol (Conn.) Bristol Central center was a strong area rebounder and used his length to reject shots from smaller guys in the paint. His team won the Steel division championship beating Team Takeover EBYL in the semi-finals and Team Rio UA in the finals.

Where he might land: Clingan has 20-plus offers and is keeping a tight lip about his decision. Rutgers, Michigan and Connecticut seem to have some things working in their favor here."

Most Outstanding Player...

"Clingan who was the star of the Spartans National 17u team, was able to impose his will throughout the event. Standing 7-foot-1 the Rivals150 No. 47 player in the 2022 class, has a array of post moves from 10-feet and in. Left shoulder, right shoulder, pivot and pass, he was able to finish plays as well as run the offense through from the low block. The Bristol (Conn.) Bristol Central center was a strong area rebounder and used his length to reject shots from smaller guys in the paint. His team won the Steel division championship beating Team Takeover EBYL in the semi-finals and Team Rio UA in the finals.

Where he might land: Clingan has 20-plus offers and is keeping a tight lip about his decision. Rutgers, Michigan and Connecticut seem to have some things working in their favor here."

Rutgers you say...

What is he talking about? Did Jesse transfer? What about Frank? I'm excited about the possibility of landing him, but we don't have a true big?

What is he talking about? Did Jesse transfer? What about Frank? I'm excited about the possibility of landing him, but we don't have a true big?
tenor.gif

Big as in over 7 foot and over 240lbs, so no we do not have anything close to that.

Love that the Boneyard is giving up on Donovan. Only makes it better for us. What they don't realize is Donovan is playing hurt in KC. Talked to a friend of is family today.. Hope he drops them off his list soon.
Screenshot_20210508-235520_Chrome.jpg

Love that the Boneyard is giving up on Donovan. Only makes it better for us. What they don't realize is Donovan is playing hurt in KC. Talked to a friend of is family today.. Hope he drops them off his list soon.
View attachment 200866
I think they know that he is unlikely going there, so they are turning on him. In fairness, all fan bases have people that do this.

Here was Big Don's put back slam referred to above...

Team Spartans were 14-0 heading into the KC Classic this weekend. They lost Friday night and split their 2 games on Saturday. They have one more game on Sunday.

I think they know that he is unlikely going there, so they are turning on him. In fairness, all fan bases have people that do this.
True, I think too many people expect NBA ready players to go to their universities. Gotta remember, kid is only 17. Most of these recruits are still so young. Hope his weekend gets better and he feels better. Must not be too serious an injury if he is playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom