Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Im from CT and very familiar with where Clingan is from. I also went to college in Ohio and visited OSU several times - I wouldn’t be surprised if the campus left a big time impression on him. Also the co-eds are way more appealing than UConn. I still think he’s UConn (or Michigan) but OSU is sneaky here

Im from CT and very familiar with where Clingan is from. I also went to college in Ohio and visited OSU several times - I wouldn’t be surprised if the campus left a big time impression on him. Also the co-eds are way more appealing than UConn. I still think he’s UConn (or Michigan) but OSU is sneaky here

Can you guys explain the coed thing. Why would one college have better looking women than another college? Is it just a numbers game? Like OSU has 2.1 million students so there are more good looking ones than a school with 20000 students? I suppose I understand a warm weather school, the students dress maybe in a more provocative way, shall we say. But OSU and UConn are both in similarly uninspiring climates for that. Plus the visits are in the summer.

Can you guys explain the coed thing. Why would one college have better looking women than another college? Is it just a numbers game? Like OSU has 2.1 million students so there are more good looking ones than a school with 20000 students? I suppose I understand a warm weather school, the students dress maybe in a more provocative way, shall we say. But OSU and UConn are both in similarly uninspiring climates for that. Plus the visits are in the summer.
Yeah, that's a good question. I think the weather definitely plays a role. I live in Tampa and my wife works at a university here. I can tell you, there is no question MUCH more skin that is shown on campus versus walking around where girls are bundled up. When walking on campus with my wife, I have to exercise strict eye control.

Yeah, that's a good question. I think the weather definitely plays a role. I live in Tampa and my wife works at a university here. I can tell you, there is no question MUCH more skin that is shown on campus versus walking around where girls are bundled up. When walking on campus with my wife, I have to exercise strict eye control.
Fair or not, this is true. Warmer climates push fitness year round. No big bulky sweaters to wear in the cold weather.

Meme.jpg

LOL.

Yeah, I hate to stay this, but - I remember when I went down to FLA for Spring Break in the late 80's, and how the girls who would be like 9's or 10's at Syracuse, were like 6's or 7's compared to the hottest southern girls. It was - a revelation.

I'd imagine that the fact that those huge oversized sweatshirts and sweaters were all the rage for the girls at Cuse at that time, vs. the girls down south can and do wear shorts and skirts and dresses all year 'round, is part of the reason for that disparity of 'talent'.

I lived in Ohio from ages 18-23 and lived in CT all my other years on earth (I’m 32). It’s not really about what they are wearing, but to me the girls are just more attractive out there than they are in the northeast (not counting NYC) - maybe it’s just my preference

LOL.

Yeah, I hate to stay this, but - I remember when I went down to FLA for Spring Break in the late 80's, and how the girls who would be like 9's or 10's at Syracuse, were like 6's or 7's compared to the hottest southern girls. It was - a revelation.

I'd imagine that the fact that those huge oversized sweatshirts and sweaters were all the rage for the girls at Cuse at that time, vs. the girls down south can and do wear shorts and skirts and dresses all year 'round, is part of the reason for that disparity of 'talent'.
Sunshine begets health, which radiates

I fail to understand what he sees in Michigan, because they already have a 7'2" center, who is entering his Sophomore year(Hunter Dickinson). Clingan would probably not be their full time center for two to three years.
To each their own though.

I fail to understand what he sees in Michigan, because they already have a 7'2" center, who is entering his Sopkomore year(Hunter Dickinson). Clingan would probably not be their full time center for two to three years.
To each their own though.

You fail to understand things on the regular.

Dickinson was toying with declaring for the draft this year.
He's almost sure to do so after this next season, assuming he stays healthy and plays well.
(or maybe even not - CMac says hi!!)

Michigan has a 'name' big-man head coach, who has been successful at every level, and very much so in his stint so far at UM.

So - they can 'sell' Clingan on being the plug-and-play replacement for HD, much like we sold Justin T on being that for Buddy here.
(even tho Buddy will have another season of eligibility remaining when Taylor hits campus).

Conversely - what can Syracuse sell Clingan on?

We have no history of C's getting drafted since Fab.
And the C's we do have, spend their lives setting screens 30' from the basket, and chasing corner 3's and getting yelled at for not covering them properly.

He's almost sure to do so after this next season, assuming he stays healthy and plays well.

Michigan has a 'name' big-man head coach, who has been successful at every level, and very much so in his stint so far at UM.

So - they can 'sell' Clingan on being the plug-and-play replacement for HD, much like we sold Justin T on being that for Buddy here.
(even tho Buddy will have another season of eligibility remaining when Taylor hits campus).

And the C's we do have, spend their lives setting screens 30' from the basket, and chasing corner 3's and getting yelled at for not covering them properly.
Dickinson is not leaving Michigan any time soon.
Their coach is by no means known or experienced at putting big men in the NBA , he has not been at Mich that long.
His offences do not focus on big man play any more than many others.
My comments originally did not even mention Syracuse, so apparently your reading comprehension could use some work.

Dickinson is not leaving Michigan any time soon.
Their coach is by no means known or experienced at putting big men in the NBA , he has not been at Mich that long.
His offences do not focus on big man play any more than many others.
My comments originally did not even mention Syracuse, so apparently your reading comprehension could use some work.
Dickinson will almost certainly leave after this year, period .
But their coach played a big for the nba for over a decade, what big have we put in the nba recently? Especially one who’s similar to Clingan.
Michigan’s offense feeds the low post way more than ours does, and it’s not even close.

you honestly couldn’t have been more wrong

Well we did have Rak, who morphed into a animal hybrid come his SR year... since then though I don’t even know if we’ve had a C play a full year at his position since...I guess Paschal did. Anyway to your point Paschal was up there averaging great numbers for most times being yelled at from the sidelines and setti g the most screens up top without getting the feed on the roll...did it even happen? *i ask kind of jokingly*

It’s certainly not has attractive to come and play C at Syracuse compared to other programs based on our recent track record. However, I think that can and will change. I feel like it’s just been a matter of recruiting the wrong guys, guys not wanting to play C here and guys getting injured. In any case we’ve not actually had a true difference maker playing his natural position in the middle for some seasons now. DC III would be an astronomical get.

Edit: grammar, and to clear up any shade thrown at Paschal who I hope contributes to Boeheims Army title this year.

Last edited:
It’s sort of a catch 22, we haven’t run anything to feed the post because we really haven’t a player who could cash in in that. JB is very flexible on offense even if people don’t like to acknowledge it. I firmly believe that if we got him, JB would run plays to get a player like this contributing at a major level.

It’s sort of a catch 22, we haven’t run anything to feed the post because we really haven’t a player who could cash in in that. JB is very flexible on offense even if people don’t like to acknowledge it. I firmly believe that if we got him, JB would run plays to get a player like this contributing at a major level.
He’d be the focus of our offense, no doubt. The kid has great footwork and is universally acknowledged to be a very good/great passer. When Bouie, Schayes, Seikaly, Rak et al showed offensive ability, they touched the ball every play. If JB senses a player’s limitations at a position, he tends to carve out a role that features their strengths rather than their weaknesses, perceived or otherwise. Hence a situation arises where a Kadary or Quincy are told to “never” shoot the ball, which can cause resentment and we all know how that can play out. But Clingan will be featured, no question about it.

He’d be the focus of our offense, no doubt. The kid has great footwork and is universally acknowledged to be a very good/great passer. When Bouie, Schayes, Seikaly, Rak et al showed offensive ability, they touched the ball every play. If JB senses a player’s limitations at a position, he tends to carve out a role that features their strengths rather than their weaknesses, perceived or otherwise. Hence a situation arises where a Kadary or Quincy are told to “never” shoot the ball, which can cause resentment and we all know how that can play out. But Clingan will be featured, no question about it.

Oh, I agree.

With the shooters he'll be surrounded with, we can dump it down to him in/near the post, and either let him go to work, or kick it back out to a wide-open shooter if the opponent decides to double him.

And clearly he's a large dude, so our days of getting Big-Boyed on the interior by teams like UNC and FSU would be OVAH.

All that said - it's gonna be hard to tell a kid "this is what we'll do with you" -
when other teams can SHOW him they're doing that same thing right now.

Lol at the Coeds comment. Based on a cursory observation of posts across the forums about 80 pct or more who post on here would see the 6s and 7s as 10s without a single shot or beer...

Question

Do you think recruits read this board?

Do you think it's helpful to suggest one would be a better fit elsewhere?

Does such negativity serve any purpose at all?

Question

Do you think recruits read this board?

Do you think it's helpful to suggest one would be a better fit elsewhere?

Does such negativity serve any purpose at all?

So - you’re completely ignoring my post after that, stating how great a fit he’d potentially be here?

Surrounded by elite shooters?

Ok then.

Lol at the Coeds comment. Based on a cursory observation of posts across the forums about 80 pct or more who post on here would see the 6s and 7s as 10s without a single shot or beer...
It’s all relative though isn’t it?

So - you’re completely ignoring my post after that, stating how great a fit he’d potentially be here?

Surrounded by elite shooters?

Ok then.
Hopefully the recruit read that far. One doesn't excuse the other

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors