Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Hopefully the recruit read that far. One doesn't excuse the other

OK, so these threads are not for fan discussion, but simply to hype potential croots?

Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

IF Clingan verbals elsewhere, and says he was all Cuse, but then he read a post on a random fan forum by 721Comstock that stated that other schools may have a more compelling story, and that’s what swayed his decision, then I will happily eat crow and own it.

I also won’t be holding my breath waiting on that.

He’d be the focus of our offense, no doubt. The kid has great footwork and is universally acknowledged to be a very good/great passer. When Bouie, Schayes, Seikaly, Rak et al showed offensive ability, they touched the ball every play. If JB senses a player’s limitations at a position, he tends to carve out a role that features their strengths rather than their weaknesses, perceived or otherwise. Hence a situation arises where a Kadary or Quincy are told to “never” shoot the ball, which can cause resentment and we all know how that can play out. But Clingan will be featured, no question about it.
DC played center his junior year, and got plenty of touches.

??? Why do you think that? I like it but I am curious where you get that?
kcsu would be the only one to have him “all Orange” at this point. Which would make him Yoda if it plays out that way

Bossi doesn't know. It's a guess. The narrative was established early that he is not leaving home. I hear otherwise. I may be wrong but I don't think Bossi knows anything. How many bigs has Hurley put in the NBA? How many sweet 16s has Hurley been a coach at? What kind of offense has anyone seen that highlights a big oriented offense or a big taking shots from 3. I checked and Carlton and Sanogo have/had ZERO 3s. I did hear that 2 teams may come in late...which is bad news. It's a rumor so I can't put much into it but I have heard from 2 people that are somewhat reliable.

Bossi doesn't know. It's a guess. The narrative was established early that he is not leaving home. I hear otherwise. I may be wrong but I don't think Bossi knows anything. How many bigs has Hurley put in the NBA? How many sweet 16s has Hurley been a coach at? What kind of offense has anyone seen that highlights a big oriented offense or a big taking shots from 3. I checked and Carlton and Sanogo have/had ZERO 3s. I did hear that 2 teams may come in late...which is bad news. It's a rumor so I can't put much into it but I have heard from 2 people that are somewhat reliable.
Is he scheduled to commit on 7/1? Or was that just misinformation I saw?

??? Why do you think that? I like it but I am curious where you get that?
I have no inside info but stranger things have happened and i believe that we have a punchers chance. Money would say no but i also put a pretty penny on the cuse winning more than 3 games this year

Clingan makes no sense for how Hurley wants to play defense too. The kid a load but his footwork is slow and he’s not athletic - it’ll be hard to play with any sort of pace if he’s on the floor. In the half court offensively he will do damage, but he’s better off sitting in the paint in a zone on defense (if he can cover the corners ;) )

But this is such a huge recruit in the state of CT that Hurley had no choice to lock him up, even if he’s not a perfect fit

Clingan makes no sense for how Hurley wants to play defense too. The kid a load but his footwork is slow and he’s not athletic - it’ll be hard to play with any sort of pace if he’s on the floor. In the half court offensively he will do damage, but he’s better off sitting in the paint in a zone on defense (if he can cover the corners ;) )

But this is such a huge recruit in the state of CT that Hurley had no choice to lock him up, even if he’s not a perfect fit

yup...he is a TERRIBLE fit for them defensively and how Hurley wants to play

Clingan doesn't seem like a great fit for UConn so it will be interesting to see how Hurley uses him and if he makes adjustments. I also don't see Clingan getting a ton of minutes there early on. Their front court is absolutely loaded with Sanogo, Whaley, Akok, and Samson Johnson.

Clingan doesn't seem like a great fit for UConn so it will be interesting to see how Hurley uses him and if he makes adjustments. I also don't see Clingan getting a ton of minutes there early on. Their front court is absolutely loaded with Sanogo, Whaley, Akok, and Samson Johnson.
Yeah uconn honestly makes little sense to me given how little playing time there is there. I believe Whaley will be gone, but the other three are likely staying, and honestly that’s going to be a top frontcourt by the time Clingon gets to college. If he commits there over us…

You fail to understand things on the regular.

Dickinson was toying with declaring for the draft this year.
He's almost sure to do so after this next season, assuming he stays healthy and plays well.
(or maybe even not - CMac says hi!!)

Michigan has a 'name' big-man head coach, who has been successful at every level, and very much so in his stint so far at UM.

So - they can 'sell' Clingan on being the plug-and-play replacement for HD, much like we sold Justin T on being that for Buddy here.
(even tho Buddy will have another season of eligibility remaining when Taylor hits campus).

Conversely - what can Syracuse sell Clingan on?

We have no history of C's getting drafted since Fab.
And the C's we do have, spend their lives setting screens 30' from the basket, and chasing corner 3's and getting yelled at for not covering them properly.
Donovan: the last center we had who had skills close to yours was Fab Melo. Here is how we used him. (Video). He was a #1 pick, and didn’t have the offensive skills you have.
Take a look at how I build teams around players, and their skills. Fab Melo, Rak, AO all had great careers. It’s about players and skills not positions. You have skill to build around.
I am surrounding you with shooters. You will have the ability to take shots, get assists, block shots and grab rebounds.
You will be close enough to home, and will play on college basketball’s biggest stage.

Donovan: the last center we had who had skills close to yours was Fab Melo. Here is how we used him. (Video). He was a #1 pick, and didn’t have the offensive skills you have.
Take a look at how I build teams around players, and their skills. Fab Melo, Rak, AO all had great careers. It’s about players and skills not positions. You have skill to build around.
I am surrounding you with shooters. You will have the ability to take shots, get assists, block shots and grab rebounds.
You will be close enough to home, and will play on college basketball’s biggest stage.
If the coaching staff have not already conveyed this to Donovan then it is too late.

Samson Johnson is the one to watch for them. Clingan going to the Mutts would obviously suck, but I’d honestly rather get Flip. We’re set at the 5 w/ Jesse and Frank, so I’m not really pressed.

Samson Johnson is the one to watch for them. Clingan going to the Mutts would obviously suck, but I’d honestly rather get Flip. We’re set at the 5 w/ Jesse and Frank, so I’m not really pressed.
Absolutely on Flip. That kid is a unicorn.

Dickinson is not leaving Michigan any time soon.
Their coach is by no means known or experienced at putting big men in the NBA , he has not been at Mich that long.
His offences do not focus on big man play any more than many others.
My comments originally did not even mention Syracuse, so apparently your reading comprehension could use some work.
Oh, ok. Thanks. That clears things up. NBA prospects usually stick around 3-4 years these days.

Wrong, every single D1 coach has statedd how well he runs the floor, his great footwork and his athleticism for his size. Try again my man

This place is starting to get as bad as the Boneyard. I'm starting to hope neither us or them get either Filipowski or Clingan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom