Class of 2022 - C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Donovan Clingan (CT) Offered

Why would the kid want to play for the Spazz, snake oil salesman, Hurley? One of the worse and O's coaches ever, good recruiter though.
If I recall, (and sorry if it’s the wrong kid) but his mom is either very sick or deceased, so may want to be closer to home.

Stop using his numbers like they mean something. Have any footage of him playing again someone who isn’t 6’5” at the tallest? Any footage of him playing against or with anybody who is going to play after high school?
Yeah go watch his aau highlights

Not much here besides posting up some small guys and dunking over them. I get his team wants to win so that's obviously how you use a 7fter lol...but id like to see more of his game being used then just this. This is too damn easy for this kid!

If I were an opposing coach at whatever level of high school hoops that is I would recruit a couple of linemen from the football team to come give him hell all game. Pretend he’s a weight sled and drive him out of the lane.

Only way to stop him lol

Last edited:
why?
Well for one, I would think that talking ill of your coaches on a popular fanbase blog to the point of being warned by the moderator, is very telling. And 29 pages later, it's kinda clear that some of the fan base isn't convinced Clingan is any good...and people actually give them an audience. They are in the minority thankfully, but I would think twice if I was a recruit.

Well for one, I would think that talking ill of your coaches on a popular fanbase blog to the point of being warned by the moderator, is very telling. And 29 pages later, it's kinda clear that some of the fan base isn't convinced Clingan is any good...and people actually give them an audience. They are in the minority thankfully, but I would think twice if I was a recruit.
You should take a peek at some of the other big name schools forums. This is nothing. It also won't sway a recruits decision one bit...this is sports and its always been this way...the good bad and ugly. This is a great fan forum. (It does have a few bad apples but even they are tolerable!) :)

You should take a peek at some of the other big name schools forums. This is nothing. It also won't sway a recruits decision one bit...this is sports and its always been this way...the good bad and ugly. This is a great fan forum. (It does have a few bad apples but even they are tolerable!) :)
I really like Clingan’s game and hope he comes to SU. I would think that a fan forum would have absolutely no impact on whether or not he came to SU. I would hope that he would believe in himself and his talent and shrug his shoulders at any naysayers and let it roll right off his back.

I get it, but it isn't a good look. Just my 2 cents. Don't mean to offend anyone or anything. It just stood out to me.

He will have to break the habit most bigs have of bringing the ball down / dribble before going back up.

Catch it high, keep it high, and take it hard

But he'd be a hell of an anchor down low

Yup. DC2.0 did that - or rather, tried to do that, all the damn time.

And he’d get it stripped or knocked away, all the damn time.

When you’re the biggest, tallest dude around, you keep the ball up where you - and only you - can reach it.

And then you dunk on some fool who made the bad business decision to try to check you.

We need to bring Hak in as our Master of Dunkology to teach these young’uns a thing or 2.

And apparently the guy guarding him tonight was 6 ft 9. Third slide/ vid he went by him for the dunk. I don't know. Looks good to me, lol

My god he's big. This AAU season will be the true test. But, at the very least, he is a skilled BIG man. The only question, in my mind, is if he is ready day one, or he might take a little time to become a dominant big man.

My god he's big. This AAU season will be the true test. But, at the very least, he is a skilled BIG man. The only question, in my mind, is if he is ready day one, or he might take a little time to become a dominant big man.

At least it wouldn’t take a little time for to fill out enough to bang down low with the bigs from UNC & FSU.

Which is way more than what we have now.

Even if he had a Fab-esque trajectory, where he struggled a bit early, but got better and by the end of his Frosh season was impactful -
and then fully weaponized and dominant as a Soph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom