Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Eddie’s capable of a midrange game as well as down low. Let’s see what he brings to the court next season. His shot is there.

I mean the makes are what matter but holy crap.

That's the hoops equivalent to the Andrew Robinson bunny hop drop back.
This is an incredible callback. lol. Rooting for lampkin and as long as it goes in I’m good, but what is he doing with his feet? If it works for him, that’s awesome, but can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like that. Even in pickup.

The 5 blocks all season makes a heck of a lot more sense after watching this clip. Good thing he’s so strong, cus he definitely isn’t going to “out athlete” anyone!

The 5 blocks all season makes a heck of a lot more sense after watching this clip. Good thing he’s so strong, cus he definitely isn’t going to “out athlete” anyone!
Lampkin isn't very athletic, in the classic run and jump athlete sense... But he's nimble and he knows what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it. I really like his quick decision-making. And he's got some nifty footwork.

And I love that he can really put a body on you. He will wear our opposition out with his screens, box outs, and just pushing on guys in the post, on both offense and defense.

The poor kid from Florida in the NCAA just looked beaten down by the end of the game.

I wish he could get up to a block a game, just to be a deterrent around the basket. Bell and Freeman will have to make up for this one clear deficiency in Lampkin's game.

Last edited:
Just saw the workout video...He can shoot but not exactly what I was hoping for in a center-seemed very creaky and heavy-legged. I just hope Grandpa Lampkin can get up and down the court and get a rebound or two with positioning because it does not appear he is going to out-quick or out-jump anyone. ...Maybe the staff sees him as the offensive center to complement McLeod?

Just saw the workout video...He can shoot but not exactly what I was hoping for in a center-seemed very creaky and heavy-legged. I just hope Grandpa Lampkin can get up and down the court and get a rebound or two with positioning because it does not appear he is going to out-quick or out-jump anyone. ...Maybe the staff sees him as the offensive center to complement McLeod?
Watch his highlights from this past season, including the two NCAA tournament games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom