Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

We talked to Kadary but apparently we offered a comparatively insultingly low amount of money so did we really make a run at him? We're prob cooked.
Yeah I think the rumor on here was like 500k but I don’t know if it was confirmed. Regardless, dash mentions above that Lampkin was given an extra 250k to flip. We should have that money. Is he worth that much in addition to what we already offered? Probably not, but at this point I think we should pay it given the roster outlook and the fact that there aren’t really any other good options out there. There’s at least some potential for a good season next year with Lampkin. Without him and with the lack of available options it looks really bleak in a pivotal year for Red. And how do you build momentum on the NIL front if we have a sub 500 season next year?

Does someone have any hard evidence that Lampkin is decommitting??? If not, isnt this just the spread of disinformation based on no evidence. The rumor is based because he apparently took down Syracuse from his Instragram site, isnt it??? What does that really mean???? Shouldnt people stop spreading this rumor until there is something to substantiate it???? It is a really dangerous precedent.

Does someone have any hard evidence that Lampkin is decommitting??? If not, isnt this just the spread of disinformation based on no evidence. The rumor is based because he apparently took down Syracuse from his Instragram site, isnt it??? What does that really mean???? Shouldnt people stop spreading this rumor until there is something to substantiate it???? It is a really dangerous precedent.
Dasher's word is more than enough evidence for me.

We talked to Kadary but apparently we offered a comparatively insultingly low amount of money so did we really make a run at him? We're prob cooked.
We did not offer a insultingly low offer. He asked for a ridiculously high offer. One he knew we couldn't accept. This was a farce as it turned out. He was St John's all the way. They just didn't want it to be said that Pitino offered before he was allowed to. One big show. I don't know that we are cooked. We now have quite a bit of loose money to offer. Lampkins money. I don't know yet where we turn. And while we might indeed be cooked, the cake is yet to be baked. I just hope no one leaves it out in the rain.

We did not offer an insultingly low offer. He asked for a ridiculously high offer. One he knew we couldn't accept. This was a farce as it turned out. He was St John's all the way. They just didn't want it to be said that Pitino offered before he was allowed to. One big show. I don't know that we are cooked. We now have quite a bit of loose money to offer. Lampkins money. I don't know yet where we turn. And while we might indeed be cooked,
Do you think he got 7 figs?

Yeah I get it, trust me I do. I’m a partner at an Am Law 200 law firm and I negotiate big deals regularly. I don’t negotiate against myself and I don’t re-deal without good reason. Much of it protecting my reputation which serves you later. However, we suck, and every year it feels like there’s an excuse. I’m at the no excuses stage. Find a way to be good. Don’t care how. And the fact NIL keeps biting us tells me it’s a bigger problem than Jesse’s shady negotiation tactics. Unless something changes, I’ll assume it will keep happening and we won’t be good.
With the current state of NIL, the school shouldn't have chased away anyone who had money to spend.
Even if they were into being a celebrity, at the games.

With the current state of NIL, the school shouldn't have chased away anyone who had money to spend.
Omg how do people think that is still the only reason he got booted… jfc

We did not offer a insultingly low offer. He asked for a ridiculously high offer. One he knew we couldn't accept. This was a farce as it turned out. He was St John's all the way. They just didn't want it to be said that Pitino offered before he was allowed to. One big show. I don't know that we are cooked. We now have quite a bit of loose money to offer. Lampkins money. I don't know yet where we turn. And while we might indeed be cooked, the cake is yet to be baked. I just hope no one leaves it out in the rain.
Is it ridiculously high if someone just paid Lampkin 250k more? I don't think we have any pulse on the market.

One, they didn't chase him away. Two, the reasons for his departure are not because he was bringing celebrities to the game. The Chancy and the A.D. are not dumb. There are a lot of big money donors that have no problem with either. You might ask yourself why that is? I wish as much as anyone that AW was spending a mill a year on our hoop program. But at the end of the day, it was Aw that walked away.

Ok so who do we get? Eddie got poached from us because there aren’t a ton of good center options left in the portal. Other schools need a starting center
Ok so who do we get? Eddie got poached from us because there aren’t a ton of good center options left in the portal. Other schools need a starting center too.
no idea brother but someone or two will be added to the roster. There's lots of movement behind the scenes right now

Exactly my point. The portal wasn't in place, so guys had to stay unless they wanted to sit out a year. So it basically forced them to stay. We got to know them, watch them develop, help them become part of the Syracuse family and in turn they felt like they were part of the family and community for life. They were always welcomed back.

Maybe JJ will be a part of the Cuse family, but Judah, Quadir, Maliq won't be. Look how bad JG3 got booed last year and he stayed here four year.

The game is ruined for fans, coaches and the schools themselves. Pick a number on how many schools are actually benefitting from the portal: 10, 15, 20 maybe at the absolute maximum. Whatever the number is, Cuse is on the outside looking in.

Sorry I took your point as a generation argument. “Back in my day, we were loyal” type of comment.

Yeah it’s all portal based. Blame the ncaa

I mean we made a run at both Leffew and Kadary so we clearly should have some left over NIL to spend. I get that we dont want to get into bidding wars but this is such a massive loss given the state of the team that I think its worth it to overpay. The options are extremely limited as to whats left and anyone remotely valuable is probably gonna cost us just as much given a lot of other teams still need a center. Frustrating times.
I agree. I thought we still had NIL that we were holding back for another PG or combo guard. Give that to Eddie.

No. He got between 750 and 800
Richmond got 750-800k and it sounds like you are saying Lampkin walked away from our 500k to get 750k from a school in Texas? (Thought you said we now have an extra $500k to spend, but could be misunderstanding)

If so that’s wild and can’t say I blame the kid.

When you shop on a budget you will always run the risk of being outbid. This is twice Red has been outbid for his #1 target at the center and PG position. Something has to change. If we won't "overpay" for kids then we will be left with nothing.

no idea brother but someone or two will be added to the roster. There's lots of movement behind the scenes right now
Would have to be Euros or guys already declared?

I understood that after Dino left there would be no more baking of cakes?

Right but you blamed the kids for this mess. It’s the adults that caused this.
What adults are you talking about? The ones that eliminated sitting out a year or the cheaters that had no morals prior to the change and even worse since the change.

I guess you are correct in that the adults are the enablers, so there is no sense arguing the fact that a 20 year old kid is greedy. Since 3500 kids went in the portal, I probably would have done the same.

But, I wasn't raised that way, so there might be a slim chance I would stay. It would be interesting to see what advice my parents would give me, since they always were about loyalty, but they also grew up in the depression, so they might recommend the money grab.

We did not offer an insultingly low offer. He asked for a ridiculously high offer. One he knew we couldn't accept. This was a farce as it turned out. He was St John's all the way. They just didn't want it to be said that Pitino offered before he was allowed to. One big show. I don't know that we are cooked. We now have quite a bit of loose money to offer. Lampkins money. I don't know yet where we turn. And while we might indeed be cooked, the cake is yet to be baked. I just hope no one leaves it out in the rain.
The more concerning thing is how the coaches continue to get played. It seems like we are continuously out of the loop and just being used as a pawn in these discussions.