Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

No. He got it right. Lampkin was going to get 500k here and is getting 750k at his new school.
I guess the upside here is that we have a million to play with? The problem is what’s left? We are at the end of the fantasy auction staring at wide receiver 3s.

Make a drink you are about 15 pages behind by the time you catch up Lampkin will already be on a plane to Texas.
Or play another 9 holes before the sun sets

No. He got it right. Lampkin was going to get 500k here and is getting 750k at his new school.
And unless Syracuse outbids them, he is long gone. It's not like the Price is Right and you bid one dollar more. This is 50% more. No one is going to turn this down.

This has been an issue from the start. Cuse is a small private school, not some big public university.

I would guess most season ticket holders are townies, and since Syracuse is somewhat of a blue collar town, these tickets eat up a big part of their disposable income.

I would also guess most alumni don't live in CNY, but live in major markets, at least three or four hours away. Most alumni make more than the average townie, but might never had that sports connection and never really donated any or much to the athletic programs to begin with. Plus a lot never come back to Syracuse. Many's first time back could be if their kids are looking to attend Syracuse.

It's always going to be a struggle unless Red finds a FedEx type donor. We kind of had one, but people are saying we are much better off without him.
No one said we are better off without him. He walked away from us. Now, football has a lot of bigger donors than he is. They seem to get along with the rules A-Okay. You might want to wonder about that.

Do you blame them?
There clearly has to be a problem. I don’t know what goes on inside the problem but there an are significant issues . Just like Dino not getting any money. If you can’t the money you need to go. That’s the reality of college sports today. Maybe Wildhack should end this sooner then later

Within 12 months he lost Jesse, Joe, Malik, Judah, and Q. Two of which he told to leave.

Judah and Q left on bad terms.

Why would anyone be opening up their wallets for this guy? He has made this program worse
But if we don’t have the money what’s he supposed to do? It’s chicken or the egg.

Appreciate the clarification.

This kinda changes my whole feeling about this. Compared to what Kadary is getting, that’s nuts, not sure how you compete with that.

But it really sucks to think you’ve got your guy and he bails as the music stops. This whole “system” blows.

There clearly has to be a problem. I don’t know what goes on inside the problem but there an are significant issues . Just like Dino not getting any money. If you can’t the money you need to go. That’s the reality of college sports today. Maybe Wildhack should end this sooner then later
And bring in who? We had a guy that was here for 44 years. I don't see him going out and getting the coffers filled.

I’m super close for BB

For obvious reasons I’m not for FB but when Fran leaves I’m likely done. He and his staff are unicorns and we’ll never have a coach and staff like this again.

College sports aren’t what they were when I grew up. You watched a player for at least a few years and saw them grow, develop, etc. There’s no buy in for me with the players anymore. I’m happy to have them on the team but I don’t get too deep or excited about watching them play because next year they’ll possibly be on the other bench.

I always loved colllege sports and got more excited than my pro teams. That’s shifted just in the last few years. NFL teams, your favorite player will likely be on that team for at least 3-4 years.
I’ve been out on hoops for a few years now. Mainly because we suck and I see zero talent on the floor once the nepotism tour started. I probably watched 1 game in its entirety last year. I could not care less at this point

I hated the Red hire. We needed a new direction. JW needs to make a Fran type hire for hoops or it is over for Syracuse hoops. He need to make the hire in the next 9 months

it’s really not worth it to get worked up over or sad about. Not like we were a final 4 team or even a sweet 16 with Lampkin. expectations should be zilch. Like as low as we’ve ever had them.
I somewhat disagree. I think we were going to be fun. Unless we strike gold, somehow, I don't see a fun season now.

Also this isn’t just a money thing. It’s also a loyalty thing. Eddie was loyal to the most money. When you recruit guys from HS you’re able to build more loyalty. That’s why football is doing better. It’s not just a money thing there.

For example - if Fadil Diggs wanted the most money, he could have left in the spring. Some big time programs came after him with big bags. But he was loyal to E Rob. We’re never going to win in either program if we have to offer the biggest bag.

No one said we are better off without him. He walked away from us. Now, football has a lot of bigger donors than he is. They seem to get along with the rules A-Okay. You might want to wonder about that.
Maybe Syverud needs to wonder about it. Sounds like it's a bigger issue than Wildhack, since he's the one ultimately to blame for this mess.

I’ve been out on hoops for a few years now. Mainly because we suck and I see zero talent on the floor once the nepotism tour started. I probably watched 1 game in its entirety last year. I could not care less at this point

I hated the Red hire. We needed a new direction. JW needs to make a Fran type hire for hoops or it is over for Syracuse hoops. He need to make the hire in the next 9 months
But you didn't watch games this past year but you feel qualified to make that statement? That is odd to me. Red just brought in the highest rated recruit since Melo. Did you know that? We won 20 games with a team of misfits. I would give the guy a chance. And it wouldn't hurt if alums gave to the collective.

But if we don’t have the money what’s he supposed to do? It’s chicken or the egg.
Not sure how much he had to play with, but we know it was at least $500k. And what does he have to show for it now? Jyare Davis and a backup PG? You do understand these donors don’t get their money back if Cuse doesn’t land anybody.

If I an considering giving $100k to Cuse athletics why would I give it to Red with what he has done with the program? He isn’t a closer and now is certainly on the hot seat. Ill give it to Fran

Also this isn’t just a money thing. It’s also a loyalty thing. Eddie was loyal to the most money. When you recruit guys from HS you’re able to build more loyalty. That’s why football is doing better. It’s not just a money thing there.

For example - if Fadil Diggs wanted the most money, he could have left in the spring. Some big time programs came after him with big bags. But he was loyal to E Rob. We’re never going to win in either program if we have to offer the biggest bag.
Then we should have been loyal to Maliq. That’s where we fckd up. People were so set on having a center and now we have none and don’t have Maliq. It’s a friggin clown show.

Not sure how much he had to play with, but we know it was at least $500k. And what does he have to show for it now? Jyare Davis and a backup PG? You do understand these donors don’t get their money back if Cuse doesn’t land anybody.

If I an considering giving $100k to Cuse athletics why would I give it to Red with what he has done with the program? He isn’t a closer and now is certainly on the hot seat. Ill give it to Fran
Have you given 100k? He closed with Freeman. The highest rated recruit since Melo. That is closing, isn't it?