Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Most, if not all of us, would jump at the chance to take a job for $250k more than we currently make... Even if it meant living away from our families or uprooting them to another state.

Lampkin is getting that much of a "raise" to move back to his home state, from a place he never even lived in the first place.

If he puts that extra $250k into a brokerage account, he will have more money saved as a college kid than the average American households saves for retirement their entire career.

The whole situation is a problem, but I don't blame Lampkin at all.

Last edited:
This really blows but I get that Lampkin is self aware enough to know he’s not an NBA player and is going to cash in.

Richmond got 750-800k and it sounds like you are saying Lampkin walked away from our 500k to get 750k from a school in Texas? (Thought you said we now have an extra $500k to spend, but could be misunderstanding)

If so that’s wild and can’t say I blame the kid.
Wasn’t Dash referring to Lampkin? maybe I'm wrong.

The more concerning thing is how the coaches continue to get played. It seems like we are continuously out of the loop and just being used as a pawn in these discussions.
We are the San Antonio (pawn of NFL cities) of the NIL

Most, if not all of us would jump at the chance to take a job for $250k more than we currently make... Even if it meant living away from our families or uprooting them to another state.

Lampkin is getting that much of a "raise" to move back to his home state, from a place he never even lived in the first place.

If he puts that extra $250k into a brokerage account, he will have more money saved as a college kid than the average American households saves for retirement their entire career.

The whole situation is a problem, but I don't blame Lampkin at all.
Nobody is disputing this, the question is why aren't we able to do anything that's a net positive in the portal.

Behind in the portal, behind in player retention, behind in NIL, but our positive is recruiting high school kids but we're in a time where high school kids value is at an all time low.

s reactions genius GIF

The more concerning thing is how the coaches continue to get played. It seems like we are continuously out of the loop and just being used as a pawn in these discussions.
I was hoping the program management stuff was a JB issue but it doesn't seem like things have gotten much better

Nobody is disputing this, the question is why aren't we able to do anything that's a net positive in the portal.

Behind in the portal, behind in player retention, behind in NIL, but our positive is recruiting high school kids but we're in a time where high school kids value is at an all time low.
So... if HS is undervalued, the moneyball way to go may be to own that.

Jesse rcvd his Karma

Screw him...he is dead to Cuse fans. If you played for Cuse you have us for life...if you were honorable. Girard will still be welcomed back cuz he did the transfer the right way.
The right way? He transferred to a conference rival. We all know why he would be welcomed back by some.

Just got in from playing 18….hat is going on!!
Assuming you meant to say "what is going on" and didn't literally mean you were putting a hat on, word is a TBD school in Texas gave Lampkin a sh'load of money, he's no longer coming here, and his socials have been scrubbed of Cuse stuff.

I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up over though, we're still all going to die some day anyway.

Assuming you meant to say "what is going on" and didn't literally mean you were putting a hat on, word is a TBD school in Texas gave Lampkin a sh'load of money, he's no longer coming here, and his socials have been scrubbed of Cuse stuff.

I don't know what everyone is getting so work up over though, we're still all going to die some day anyway.
Let’s all put on our big boy hats and start searching the Internet for euro talent

Yes it appears donors don’t have faith in Red and aren’t opening their wallets
This has been an issue from the start. Cuse is a small private school, not some big public university.

I would guess most season ticket holders are townies, and since Syracuse is somewhat of a blue collar town, these tickets eat up a big part of their disposable income.

I would also guess most alumni don't live in CNY, but live in major markets, at least three or four hours away. Most alumni make more than the average townie, but might never had that sports connection and never really donated any or much to the athletic programs to begin with. Plus a lot never come back to Syracuse. Many's first time back could be if their kids are looking to attend Syracuse.

It's always going to be a struggle unless Red finds a FedEx type donor. We kind of had one, but people are saying we are much better off without him.