Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Same. I think he has come with his bags packed, and the intention to stay. Also there are other terms to the NIL payment besides the amount. He might just be getting those confirmed. When payments are made, what does he need to do in return etc. Is it in Bitcoin, Gold bars or hard cash?
Agree. And if this assumption is correct, negotiation of terms will be with the benefactor(s) not with Red.

Last edited:
You proved my point. It’s not all about the portal. Duke has a bad portal class because they have a whole 5 star HS class coming in.

Ppl wanna complain about the portal but then ignore that we are 1 of only 4 acc teams that have a 5 star player coming in too. Once the dust settles let’s see where the entirety of the class ranks and what the results are
Duke’s portal class includes at least one player who is better than anyone we’re bringing in. (Hint: He was our best overall player last year.)

You proved my point. It’s not all about the portal. Duke has a bad portal class because they have a whole 5 star HS class coming in.

Ppl wanna complain about the portal but then ignore that we are 1 of only 4 acc teams that have a 5 star player coming in too. Once the dust settles let’s see where the entirety of the class ranks and what the results are
Dook has a bad portal class? It is the best in the ACC per 247, no matter how you look at it, and it includes our best player. Lmao

Im his "same weight" and 4 inches shorter than him, nobody has ever called me fat. No chance he's under 3 bills.
Ever heard the camera adds 10 pounds? He is supposedly in better shape right now, isn't he?

Dook has a bad portal class? It is the best in the ACC per 247, no matter how you look at it, and it includes our best player. Lmao
Let me explain the difference between the transfer portal and the High School recruit rankings. Or I could just smack myself over the head with a hammer.

Duke #1 HS recruit class. 5 5 Star recruits.

Also Duke 45th in transfer portal, Cuse #41. That’s per On3.

Let me explain the difference between the transfer portal and the High School recruit rankings. Or I could just smack myself over the head with a hammer.

OOOH!!! So we're sliiiiiightly less crappy in the transfer portal than Dook -

who took our best player -

and we're supposed to somehow feel superior in some fashion about that??

Per On3, you have to scroll for a lonnnng time and keep clicking “show more” before you reach our transfers.

The portal transfers are ranked:
Lampkin 196
Davis 128
Carlos 256

This is per On3.

I fail to understand how anyone could put any positive inference on a #41 portal transfer ranking when these are the individual numbers from that same site. What does #41 mean, when the average is 194.

Obviously, not all teams took or needed 3 players. Obviously, not all teams needed an influx of talent just to make a jump into expected tournament contention. Obviously, not all teams lost more players than they took in. So, what the hell does #41 mean? What’s the hammer for? Struggling to understand why there is so much infighting. We are all on the same team, even with different perspectives. I wish we could share common sense. Seems to be implicit in the term.

Ok so the anti Red and anti Eddie circle yank party is getting old. I get the criticism but the horse has turned to dust. Hopefully we have 5 guys who can play basketball and win a game this year….

It’s a key year and Red knows it. We’re gonna find out a lot this year. The pre conceived doom and gloom is beyond past its expiration date and I’m no optimist. I expect things get resolved this weekend, we add another kid or two and we have a team that either surprises everyone or begins the seat warming for Red.
It's hard to see what's happening with football and not wonder why basketball seems to be flailing.

It's hard to see what's happening with football and not wonder why basketball seems to be flailing.
Yep. I won't speak for everyone, but my jadedness isn't so much about how things are changing structurally, more about how ill-equipped the program seems to be in responding. Then you look at football and it becomes even more confusing.

It became apparent midway through the season that a lot of the roster would get flushed, and it did. While I'm grateful to the staff for getting and holding onto Freeman, and the work they're putting in for Kiyan, we look pretty limp on the transfer side of things.

For those who want to face reality, basketball hasn't been considered on the national scene since Ennis senior year of 2014.
And fluke NCAA tournament runs are just that.
As bad as the football program has been they still had 2018, and Eric Dungey.
Shrader the last 2 years until he got hurt each year brought excitement on the National stage.
No one outside of SU fans has cared about SU basketball.

Yep. I won't speak for everyone, but my jadedness isn't so much about how things are changing structurally, more about how ill-equipped the program seems to be in responding. Then you look at football and it becomes even more confusing.

It became apparent midway through the season that a lot of the roster would get flushed, and it did. While I'm grateful to the staff for getting and holding onto Freeman, and the work they're putting in for Kiyan, we look pretty limp on the transfer side of things.

Here’s the thing- I’m elated about everything football. Fran so far has been far above expectations. That said nothing has been done on the field yet. There is a lot of future ground to cover to go with. Football is a very shiny object right now that outside of rankings for the portal guys and future classes (verbal commits to be clear) is just momentum and energy.

Many people were wanting to keep Maliq and pretty much flip the rest of the roster and that sentiment has evolved into something that dwarfs the end of JB era. I’ll go on record to say that I think that would have been a disaster but that’s just me. Losing Maliq pretty much put many folks in the it’s all over camp.

I think Red knows more about running a D1 team than anyone on this forum. I think the lack of flash and bigger names has most people disgusted. Let’s keep Eddie, land the Gst kid and give Red a shot in year 2. Put away the pitch forks until he shows he can’t hack it to which it’s only speculation at this juncture.

OOOH!!! So we're sliiiiiightly less crappy in the transfer portal than Dook -

who took our best player -

and we're supposed to somehow feel superior in some fashion about that??
Yea that’s what I was saying. You got it.

Per On3, you have to scroll for a lonnnng time and keep clicking “show more” before you reach our transfers.

The portal transfers are ranked:
Lampkin 196
Davis 128
Carlos 256

This is per On3.

I fail to understand how anyone could put any positive inference on a #41 portal transfer ranking when these are the individual numbers from that same site. What does #41 mean, when the average is 194.

Obviously, not all teams took or needed 3 players. Obviously, not all teams needed an influx of talent just to make a jump into expected tournament contention. Obviously, not all teams lost more players than they took in. So, what the hell does #41 mean? What’s the hammer for? Struggling to understand why there is so much infighting. We are all on the same team, even with different perspectives. I wish we could share common sense. Seems to be implicit in the term.
I believe it is who’s leaving and who’s coming.

This is pretty funny considering that Fran Brown has built our football team doing exactly this in the portal. He is sniping players everywhere.

Just read an article this morning about Cuse still hunting a LB that is verbally committed to Tennessee right now.

Basketball just amplifies the pain and of losing a player because only 5 are on the court at what time.
Do you know who the linebacker is by chance Red2003

If Eddie is indeed in better shape and gets to work as soon as a deal is finalized while making another jump in his final year he could be worth the money bringing him at this cost and be one the best centers in the country next year.

Most guys improve year over year. We aren’t bringing in 35 yr old vets who’ve peaked. These are still kids who can keep improving as 5th and 4th yr seniors.

To me it’s important we make this happen and hopefully land that GSt kid and then get to work on putting these pieces together to get us back into the tourney

How did I prove your point? Did you even read my post? Duke has a better portal class than us!!!!

I used 247. You used ON3. But even if we use only ON3, you are skewing the numbers. Dukes rating is affected by a guy that is not ranked. Take away the unranked player and Duke averages a 92. Which would be the best in the ACC to go along with the #1 recruiting class.

Duke 4 transfers - 94, 91,91, unranked

Syracuse 3 transfers - 91, 90, 90

You picked Duke because they are a top brand. Which is crazy to compare us to Duke, but you are wrong about their portal class!!!!