Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

I think he is very good. But I think more so, the name will do wonders to rejuvenate the fan base and the casual fans. More interest, will result in more money for the program.

I looked up the assistant coach thing. And didn’t see anything online. Any idea why we have not hired two non recruiting assistant coaches? Any idea if that is Reds decision? Seems like a no brainer to get as many coaches as posssible. Even if they can’t recruit. Help with game planning, philosophers, in game decisions, etc.
I would want as many guys as we can get. Having said that, it isn't like we are going to go out and get a D or O coordinator that is a maven for us. I think it will be more entry level positions. But I agree they should be filled. And they probably will be.

I think he is very good. But I think more so, the name will do wonders to rejuvenate the fan base and the casual fans. More interest, will result in more money for the program.

I looked up the assistant coach thing. And didn’t see anything online. Any idea why we have not hired two non recruiting assistant coaches? Any idea if that is Reds decision? Seems like a no brainer to get as many coaches as posssible. Even if they can’t recruit. Help with game planning, philosophers, in game decisions, etc.
Not many programs have based on looking at their staff directories on line. Looks like Duke and UNC are the only two in the ACC. I sent a question to Mike Waters for his mailbox last week. We will see if he has an answer.

you should include freeman and moore in the class...and you should also include the returning players

I much rather pick up players that fit and want to be here and buy-in etc than flashy names with high rankings who play me me me ball
The discussion was about portal transfers and the ranking of that specific group.

I did also make specific note that group transfer rankings are pretty much irrelevant, because they don't factor in what a team needs, freshman/HS class, and how many are lost.

I don't think anyone disagrees—we all want 'buy-in' players. But, we also can't ignore talent.

Carlos. The coaches like him a lot more than most of our fans do.

I see how he could make us flow better on offense. Does he strike you as similar to John Gillon?

I see how he could make us flow better on offense. Does he strike you as similar to John Gillon?

Kihei Clark is the mold of PG he is to me. They do some things differently stylistically and Clark was extremely quick but that’s the mold.

By the way, we are good here.
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

It's hard to see what's happening with football and not wonder why basketball seems to be flailing.

A few reasons. One, the HC was named the #1 recruiter last season. Two, the DC was named the #1 recruiter the season prior. That’s a pretty good start. Then one person alone brought in more NIL for football than probably all the rest of SU sports combined brought in including MBball.

Kihei Clark is the mold of PG he is to me. They do some things differently stylistically and Clark was extremely quick but that’s the mold.

Clark is really tiny, though. I don't see Carlos as that small.