Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

In the long run if he wants to be at Texas A and M and not here let him go we are Syracuse basketball we deserve players that want to be here and take pride in the University and community. Of course me saying this we also understand he’s a young kid that wants to maximize his NIL opportunity which we all would probably do. Many have agreed we would have gone about it another way but what can you do at this point

Just thought about it also. Guess who we stole from Texas A&M only a few months ago. Just that all league DE Fadil Diggs along with their star recruiter Elijah Robinson.

You think those Texas boosters and big NIL guys forgot about that. You can bet they offered Diggs a blank check to stay and he chose our coaches. If there's one thing that people in Texas hate it's New Yorkers getting one over on them.

Now with pulling Lampkin from them they're really feeling the heat from a CNY team they never had thought about before.

Think I'm well down the path of not caring about college sports moving forward in life. I don't know how anyone can care even remotely close to how we did 5-10 years ago. Every player being a free agent every year takes away the whole enjoyment of it. Used to love watching a freshman come in and show glimpses of what they could develop into while only getting maybe 5-10 mins a game or coming in during blowouts. Would give you something to look forward to for the next few years. Now almost everything is fear based and it just sucks. We all used to lose our minds about one and done guys being bad for the sport and that was about 20 guys spread throughout the whole country with half of them being at 2 schools.

This is pretty funny considering that Fran Brown has built our football team doing exactly this in the portal. He is sniping players everywhere.

Just read an article this morning about Cuse still hunting a LB that is verbally committed to Tennessee right now.

Basketball just amplifies the pain and of losing a player because only 5 are on the court at what time.
Very good point, Bet we’re not being praised for it by those effected.

This is pretty funny considering that Fran Brown has built our football team doing exactly this in the portal. He is sniping players everywhere.

Just read an article this morning about Cuse still hunting a LB that is verbally committed to Tennessee right now.

Basketball just amplifies the pain and of losing a player because only 5 are on the court at what time.
All's fair in love and war and poaching players in the portal.

There are some people on this board that need to tune out until September. Some of you aren’t cut out to watch the sausage being made, that’s ok. I don’t understand coming on here and getting yourself upset over these decisions over and over.

I agree it’s me being hypocritical to be upset about the Lampkin situation but be looking forward to the future because of the progress we’ve made in football. That’s on me. Hopefully there will be rules sometime soon restricting the timing for these portal entry commitments helping to eliminate the drama and uncertainty before a season.

Just thought about it also. Guess who we stole from Texas A&M only a few months ago. Just that all league DE Fadil Diggs along with their star recruiter Elijah Robinson.

You think those Texas boosters and big NIL guys forgot about that. You can bet they offered Diggs a blank check to stay and he chose our coaches. If there's one thing that people in Texas hate it's New Yorkers getting one over on them.

Now with pulling Lampkin from them they're really feeling the heat from a CNY team they never had thought about before.
Damn Carpet bagging Yankees!

jfc

1716472870380.jpeg

This is why people say college basketball is now like the Wild West. You said Buzz and A&M are within the rules. There are no rules. That doesn’t mean you should be unprincipled. Not everyone needs rules in order to act like a professional.
Well, Brown is continuing to contact a couple of football recruits who have verb committed to other schools. Is that ok?

There is no reason to make the trip to Syracuse from Texas if there is not an expectation of moving forward with an agreement in principle. At this point I'm sure the staff understands its summer session number 1, the portal is closed, enroll and the money is yours Eddie. This seems to me like a finalization of whatever new agreement was made.

There is no reason to make the trip to Syracuse from Texas if there is not an expectation of moving forward with an agreement in principle. At this point I'm sure the staff understands its summer session number 1, the portal is closed, enroll and the money is yours Eddie. This seems to me like a finalization of whatever new agreement was made.
Starting to get worried were not gonna add another impact player or 2...

It's asking for more money, plain and simple.