Class of 2021 - C Enoch Boakye (Canada) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Enoch Boakye (Canada)

Then that's kind of a tough row to hoe for a kid who has already decommitted once because he wants to make an immediate impact as a frosh C. Some schools will play him a lot. Some may promise him a starting role (I have no doubt that SU has done this in the past despite whatever claims JAB makes publicly). But at SU it is exceedingly rare for a frosh to play big minutes and "make an immediate impact". Taurean Thompson unexpectedly did so on offense because there was literally no one else. And his defense was non-existant. This guy will have to compete with at least Frank.

Edited to add: and we're still talking a 2022 recruit. We need one in 2021.
He's a reclassification to 2021 candidate.

If you watch Frank’s video, he's more explosive off his feet than Enoch. I don’t know about skill level but Frank looks like a better athlete and he’s been in our system now for a year.
Please tell me this is a joke

I know it probably seems like I'm coming down harsh on JB lately, but there really is no excuse. For high major college basketball, recruiting never sleeps. It isn't an intermittent activity that occurs periodically throughout the year and then goes away, or an activity that occurs only when the head coach feels like devoting some attention to it.
He’s been repeating the same mistake for the past few years and getting called out publically for it. And he’s still doing it. One would think he’s trying to sabotage the program. He should be annoying recruits with contact instead of be lackadaisical about it.

No it’s not. Frank is a more explosive athlete. He may not be a better basketball player.
Frank Anselem’s highlight video isn’t a valid reason as to why we wouldn’t bring in Enoch if he wanted to be here. We haven’t had a top level center since Rak, which was what 6 years ago now? You can’t pass up on a 5 star player for a kid that’s played less than 30 minutes this season. Doesn’t make sense.

He’s been repeating the same mistake for the past few years and getting called out publically for it. And he’s still doing it. One would think he’s trying to sabotage the program. He should be annoying recruits with contact instead of be lackadaisical about it.

No joke I would be doing everything within the rules to let this kid know how much a priority recruit he is.
Text messages galore.
Personal letters.
Photo shop jersey stuff.
Etc. everything we got.
Zooms as often as possible.

The playing time would be there.
He would help with spacing the floor.
We will press so he won’t be in a zone 100% of the time.

Whatever it takes.

I honestly feel the 100% zone kills us with these type of recruits.
They want to showcase a little for the NBA.

No joke I would be doing everything within the rules to let this kid know how much a priority recruit he is.
Text messages galore.
Personal letters.
Photo shop jersey stuff.
Etc. everything we got.
Zooms as often as possible.

The playing time would be there.
He would help with spacing the floor.
We will press so he won’t be in a zone 100% of the time.

Whatever it takes.

I honestly feel the 100% zone kills us with these type of recruits.
They want to showcase a little for the NBA.
JB first has to go on the record defending Duke and bashing Jalen Johnson and then maybe he will get to making a call to this kid. ;)

Why wouldn’t we get in there? We’re the closest major school to his hometown.
Not every kid is looking for a handout. And, not every kid that chooses another school is looking for a handout. But, if he is looking for a good opportunity for playing time and to be able to play in front of 35,000 fans (some Canadian), then this is the place.

Interesting comments from his coach. I don't see this even being a slight possibility but if the kid is looking for playing time he just needs to look at our roster!

“When we look at schools we don’t look at the wins and losses column, because it’s his job to come in and impact winning. If you’re a five-star recruit, a game-changer, it doesn’t matter what their record is the season before, you’re going to come in and dominate your position and help win games. We don’t really look at the win/loss column, we just want an opportunity for a coach to play him as a freshman. I think that’s the most important thing. He’s not afraid to compete, he’s not afraid to come in and earn his spot but at the same time, we’re looking for a coach that has a reputation playing freshmen.
Yea, JB never plays freshman. Come on... three of them led us to a national title.

Last edited:
18 years ago, when kids we are recruiting were unborn.
JB has a longer track record than every coach in D1 except K. Syracuse knows how to develop guys and has a long track record of playing freshman’s And a lot of these recruits aren’t even necessarily deciding where they go to college. They have parents and high school and AAU coaches and other advisers who are all aware of our track record and watched us when we were at our best and have seen us develop players.

Melo still matters to recruits. Especially from Baltimore and NYC.

Waiters is still a hometown hero in Philly. Wish we used that more.