Class of 2021 - C Enoch Boakye (Canada) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Enoch Boakye (Canada)

They all know Carmelo. And they all know he played one year. If they don't, it's an easy reminder.
Do they? If you say "Melo" to an 18-year old kid, do they first think of The Man, or LaMelo Ball?

Do they? If you say "Melo" to an 18-year old kid, do they first think of The Man, or LaMelo Ball?

Well, they didn't just start paying attention to basketball this instant, at age 18.

If they've been hoops fans [which presumably they are, as high major basketball recruits] for the past 5 - 10 years, then they know who Carmelo Anthony is.

"As Boakye undergoes the recruiting process again and deciding on his future school, he will also be weighing the decision on reclassifying to the 2021 class and he expressed where his thoughts currently stand on that decision.

"I'm not sure yet, we will have to see how things play out with my academics and school situation," he said of his thoughts on reclassifying.

When it comes to what he will be looking for in a college program, it's straight-forward."

A college that's in need of a big right away
," said Boakye.

"Not at the moment," he added of his timeframe on a decision. "But at the same time I don't want to waste any coaches time and want to make sure that I pick the right school."

*If JB hasn't called this kid yet besides our assistants reaching out and speaking to his highschool coach then there's serious problems with our recruiting philosophy.*

"As Boakye undergoes the recruiting process again and deciding on his future school, he will also be weighing the decision on reclassifying to the 2021 class and he expressed where his thoughts currently stand on that decision.

"I'm not sure yet, we will have to see how things play out with my academics and school situation," he said of his thoughts on reclassifying.

When it comes to what he will be looking for in a college program, it's straight-forward."

A college that's in need of a big right away," said Boakye.

"Not at the moment," he added of his timeframe on a decision. "But at the same time I don't want to waste any coaches time and want to make sure that I pick the right school."

*If JB hasn't called this kid yet besides our assistants reaching out and speaking to his highschool coach then there's serious problems with our recruiting philosophy.*
MY KINGDOM FOR BOAKYE

There is a story behind this

Sure, and the story is -- our head coach isn't pounding the pavement the way you need to at the high major P5 level on the recruiting trail.

Not relegating that to this recruit exclusively.

Sure, and the story is -- our head coach isn't pounding the pavement the way you need to at the high major P5 level on the recruiting trail.

Not relegating that to this recruit exclusively.
Don’t disagree with this but there is a story.

Multiple P5 head coaches are going all out to get this kid, a type of talent that can get bring you from a top 25 team to a top 10 team. In our case, a top 60 team to a top 25 team. Meanwhile, our head coach reportedly “might get around to calling Boakye eventually.” From the recruits perspective, why bother with a team that literally takes weeks to contact you, when others are faking over themselves to talk to you?

Would love to hear it, if you can share.

Because so far, the story appears to be: 5-star Canadian at a key position of need is willing to reclassify, but...

Maybe JB is all in on senior year Jesse, definitely seemed that way in the presser yesterday.